Humanscale

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Architectural and Design Representative Interview

Architectural and Design Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Humanscale in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had 5 interviews total. Since management is around the country, 3 were phone interviews that lasted about 45 minutes to and hour and 2 were one on one. Good variation in each with all types of questions asked. I did not feel like anything out of the ordinary was asked.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and professional

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humanscale.

Interview Details – The recruiter presents the position very well however, fails to mention all the challenges the organization has.

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward. It seems they are in a rush to fill the position.

Healthcare Specialist Interview

Healthcare Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humanscale.

Interview Details – I responded to an online posting for a position working in the healthcare division. In the past I had been contacted by recruiters for prior positions at Humanscale during times when I was content with my existing situation. Seeing the previous interest shown I thought it might be worth a follow up.
 Over the course of several months I completed 4 phone interviews, 1 skype interview and 1 face to face interview with the regional manager. At the conclusion of these interviews I was more or less assured that I would be getting an offer. At the last minute I was asked to talk to the division sales manager.
 We were able to schedule a call and spoke for 30 minutes. Unfortunately, he was more concerned about why I didn't go to college than any other detail of my past despite having 20 years experience in similar roles. His actual leading questions was "why didn't you go to college?". He later told the regional manager that he couldn't hire anyone without a 4 year degree. There was concern that his boss would not accept it.

Despite being very disappointed in the process I should note that every contact at Humanscale was great to meet with except the division sales manager.

Interview Question – Why didn't you attend college?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Ergonomist Interview

Associate Ergonomist

I applied online - interviewed at Humanscale in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initially, called for phone interview. The recruiter went through the resume, asked questions about Ergonomics based projects. They were keen on knowing how you applied ergonomics in your projects, more application oriented in a real world setting rather than theoretical. They are looking whether you are an overall good fit for their company. The recruiter was very positive about my answers, but never got back after the interview.

Interview Question – 1. Why choose ergonomics as a field of interest?
2. Why choose Humanscale?
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years in the Ergonomics field?
  Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Account Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Humanscale in August 2010.

Interview Details – Humanscale is very organized during the interview process. Initial contact was with the company's HR/Recruiter, but was quickly transitioned to the local District Manager (DM) and Regional Director (RD). My process may not have been exactly typical, but I first met with the DM and RD where they asked a lot about my prior experiences, hopes and dreams, basic stuff. When I arrived at the office I was met by a few of the current staff and had some short conversations with them and was greeted "nicely" - it was very positive. Then had a phone interview with a higher up Director where we discussed some of the job details and reviewed the basics. I then regrouped with the DM and RD again where we got more specific. That was followed with a meeting with the RD and the Vice President which was more them selling me on the company and make sure my goals were aligned with their needs.

Interview Question – I was well prepared for the interviews, and there weren't really questions that were not expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations vary from person to person. If there are things that you need, of course you would want to bring those up.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Piscataway, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Humanscale in January 2011.

Interview Details – Planned for 2 rounds of interviews. Didn't make it past first round. Interviewed with HR coordinator and hiring manager. Feedback: didn't relay past roles well. My inexperience at interviewing hurt my chances. Interview questions were generic requiring candidate to find a way to make the connection between experience and job duties. No job description questions were brought up. Perception is that the interview was difficult and it was left for the candidate to make sure responses were appropriate. Perception on work culture is management is overly profit and sales driven, have to drink the KoolAid to advance well. Still felt qualified for job, probably best for my sake they passed on me, for work life balance.

Interview Question – Select the job you liked the most on your resume and talk about that one.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Interview

Internet Marketing
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humanscale in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews and 2 phone calls. Very comprehensive and very detailed. Asked some tough technical and personality questions.

Reason for Declining – They knew my current salary as I sent them a paystub before my first interview but there offer was almost $20k less.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Humanscale in May 2010.

Interview Details – they do care about if you can work under high pressure, and they need you to overtime working at night for some conference calls, which is necessary in weekly basis to communicate with the designers, and monitoring the vendors in local. they also care about if you have the similar experice in other companies.

Interview Question – how do you think about the furniture chair business?   Answer Question

Worked for Humanscale? Contribute to the Community!