Humber College Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Humber College

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of 4 members. The interviewers took turns asking questions related to the type of collaboration relevant to their positions. The questions varied from technical to ethical. The questions were fair and relevant to the position. The process was very formal and structured however the interviewers were polite, open to discussion and interested in my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting data?   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humber College.

Interview

If you get selected from the countless of resumes submitted to the recruiter, you will be brought in for an interview, as the recruiter makes the judgement call on who to present. You get the interview and make an impression, then you will be presented with IT test...Somewhat easy if you have knowledge or experience. If you pass the interview and test, you will have a job!...it's only temporary and will not advance you to get full time position, as there are others waiting for a chance that are working there as contracts but at least they are steady contracts and they have been there for years!

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when an irate user came to you and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You negotiate with the recruiter and agree on a wage. Make sure you incorporate, Vacation time not given to contracts, Overtime pay (Which is time and half) they usually charge you the same rate, Stat Holiday pay and Other benefits that one can think of. This will increase your negotiation powers when dealing with recruiters, as they will make the money either way if you do not demand it!

Project Assistant Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Humber College in February 2013.

Interview

At the time, the interviewer was unconventional asking me to ask him questions instead of the other way around. This was a co-op interview and he encouraged the student to ask questions as it is an experience for the student.

Interview Questions

• "Instead of me asking all the questions, I want you to interview me"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage was based on your co-op term and faculty.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

3 step process.

1. Application throughout the college website
    2. Preliminary telephone interview
    3. In person interview with manager and director

Interview Questions

• Typical, " give an example when you were unable to provide the best customer service possible. What did you do? And why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Humber College in August 2010.

Interview

Was asked general questions by panel about background and what I could bring to the position. Very nice people on panel.
    Skill test was strange since MS Access was not mentioned as a huge part of the job. I did not do well on the skill test as I was not used to the version they used.

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Humber College in March 2009.

Interview

Mostly behavioural questions.