Humber College

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Humber College.

Interview Details – If you get selected from the countless of resumes submitted to the recruiter, you will be brought in for an interview, as the recruiter makes the judgement call on who to present. You get the interview and make an impression, then you will be presented with IT test...Somewhat easy if you have knowledge or experience. If you pass the interview and test, you will have a job!...it's only temporary and will not advance you to get full time position, as there are others waiting for a chance that are working there as contracts but at least they are steady contracts and they have been there for years!

Interview Question – Please describe a situation when an irate user came to you and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You negotiate with the recruiter and agree on a wage. Make sure you incorporate, Vacation time not given to contracts, Overtime pay (Which is time and half) they usually charge you the same rate, Stat Holiday pay and Other benefits that one can think of. This will increase your negotiation powers when dealing with recruiters, as they will make the money either way if you do not demand it!

Project Assistant Co-op Interview

Project Assistant Co-op

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Humber College in February 2013.

Interview Details – At the time, the interviewer was unconventional asking me to ask him questions instead of the other way around. This was a co-op interview and he encouraged the student to ask questions as it is an experience for the student.

Interview Question – "Instead of me asking all the questions, I want you to interview me"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wage was based on your co-op term and faculty.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humber College in August 2011.

Interview Details – 3 step process.

1. Application throughout the college website
2. Preliminary telephone interview
3. In person interview with manager and director

Interview Question – Typical, " give an example when you were unable to provide the best customer service possible. What did you do? And why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/a

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Humber College in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was asked general questions by panel about background and what I could bring to the position. Very nice people on panel.
Skill test was strange since MS Access was not mentioned as a huge part of the job. I did not do well on the skill test as I was not used to the version they used.

Interview Question – How has your past experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Ra Interview

Ra

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Humber College in March 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioural questions.

Interview Question – How did you resolve a conflict?   Answer Question

Worked for Humber College? Contribute to the Community!