Humble ISD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registrar Interview

Registrar
Humble, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Humble ISD.

Interview Details – Met with principal and assistant principal and principal's secretary. Relatively short interview, approximately 20 minutes. Asked various questions about privacy, computer skills, experience working with students and their parents, how to handle sensitive and difficult issues and questions pertaining to organizational skills.

Interview Question – Tell us how you would handle a parent that is unhappy in the middle of the front office.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Humble, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Humble ISD in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked a specific rack of questions from an interview guide. The conversation was personable and allowed me to provide detailed answers to their inquiries.

Interview Question – How would you handle multiple students who became out of control in class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – With a school district, and as a first year teacher, there is no negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

TEA Interview

TEA

The process took a day - interviewed at Humble ISD in January 2009.

Interview Details – I completed the online application found on the district website. I sent personal letters of interest and resumes to campus principals. I checked the "Jobs Available" page daily. When a position was posted that interested me, I called the campus principal's secretary to request an appointment for an interview. She relayed the message to the principal. Because my online app was readily available and my credentials had already been verified, it made the process much easier. I treated each person I made contact with by phone or in person as equally important to the future of my career. At the interview each person on the interview panel received a copy of my resume. Although I interviewed for a teaching position, I dressed as though I were seeking an administrator position. When I followed up with thank-you cards, I sent one to the campus principal's secretary for setting my appointment and one to the principal. I asked the principal to also convey my appreciation to each member on the panel for their time and the respectful manner in which I was treated during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Humble ISD? Contribute to the Community!