Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs.

Interview Details – I began this job as a general employee working inside the restaurant answering phone calls, preparing food orders, and aiding customers. The interview process was quote simple... I applied by walking into the restaurant and asking if there were any open positions,???, filled out an application and was hired a few days later after one interview with the owner. The interview itself was quite simple. My work experience told most of the story on what I had already done and learned (important). But one of the most important parts of the interview, was the question about my dreams/future. I answered, "I want to own my own restaurant one day." This shows ambition, but also comes from a long background of restaurant experience to know that it's something you are truly prepared for and ready to commit to. I started out at pretty much the bottom, and with-in six months, became the general manager.

Interview Question – Depends on what you are interviewing for. The position I interviewed for was a part-time job that I already had plenty of experience for. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Needed a part-time job on top of an existing full-time job, yet eventually switched over full-time as general manager.

Insider Interview

Dearborn, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs in September 2012.

Interview Details – Not so much an interview, but just going over paper work and then got trained

Delivery Driver Interview

Ocala, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs in February 2011.

Interview Details – I went to the store filled out an application and talked to the owner immediately. I started the next day.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I needed a job so bad that I would have accepted anything. Since Obama got into office life has been much harder than it should be for normal hard working folks like me and my family. We used to be middle class and now we are extremely poor because of the failing economy.

Server Interview

Server
Douglas, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the manager because they were in need to have this spot filled and an employee recomended me. I met with the manager, who was very nice and professional. He asked why I would like to work there. I told him, I enjoyed dealing with people and I had prior food handling experiance. I had managed 2 subways. Hungry Howies is a great place to work, and have been there for 4 years.

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs in April 2011.

Interview Details – it was good , i walked in and applied for a driver job and was hired right then , to start in two weeks cause i had to put in two weeks notice at my current job at that time 7 years ago , so i was a driver for hungry howies for two years and then the manager quit and i took over as manager

Interview Questions

Management Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very pleasent phone interview from corporate. Asked alot of questions related to my past experiences. She knew very little about the actual position. Asked my salary requirements upfront and then 45 minutes later informed me that what I was seeking was twice their average. Why waste my time??

Interview Question – How would you handle a employee that was always missing work?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs employees and interview candidates.