Hunter College

Very Easy Interview

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hunter College in March 2014.

Interview Details – The department explained nothing about to your questions. Whatever you asked they would tell you to make your own decision. They may never go back to you because they already had an ideal candidate from their students. All hiring posts and application process are just a required procedure. Don't be surprised that they never reply your email and you may never receive an even decline email.

Interview Question – Are you currently teaching? This the only question I was asked.   View Answer

MAIL Interview

MAIL

I applied online and interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview Details – Invited to interview. Signed in and given a visitors pass. Campus staff were very friendly and helpful. Very friendly HR. Explained duties well. One of the best interview experiences.

Dietetic Intern Interview

Dietetic Intern

Interviewed at Hunter College

Interview Details – Applicants reach out to the internship director through email or in-person for an introduction; personal essay is written specific to the internship, and some programs require in-person interviews.

Interview Question – It is difficult to write an essay to convey the person that you are and convince the director that you are meant for the program. You have to look within yourself and give concrete examples while still standing out with your language, and the feeling of the essay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for this position

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Adjunct Assistant Professor
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview Details – I responded to an email sent to the department where I received my Ph.D., heard back from the chair and met with her within a day or two, where she went over the course objectives and materials with me. I began teaching my first course there the next week.

Interview Question – It was very straightforward, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Events Coordinator Interview

Events Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview Details – The process to set up an interview was very pleasant. The administrative assistant was amiable and helpful. The instructions were clear. The appointment began on time and all members of the search committee were attentive.

Interview Question – They asked standard questions regarding my interest in the position, what I knew about the university, and my background in the field. One question that I found particularly interesting was regarding how I handle rejection and negative criticism regarding my work efforts; they asked for an example of an experience with negative feedback and how it affected my work or response.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview Details – job talk given to department
individual interviews continue through the day with departmental faculty

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – startup package negotiated over ~2 months

Librarian Interview

Librarian
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hunter College in April 2009.

Interview Details – very nice people, they are slow on the administrative stuff but very helpful.

Interview Question – why hunter   Answer Question

Non-profit Interview

Non-profit

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hunter College in October 2009.

Interview Details – Long, friendly interview, but didn't have the desired experience.

Interview Question – If you were interviewing a future applicant for the position your applying to now, what kind of questions would you ask him/her?   Answer Question

Worked for Hunter College? Contribute to the Community!