Hunter College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2014

2.3

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hunter College in March 2014.

The department explained nothing about to your questions. Whatever you asked they would tell you to make your own decision. They may never go back to you because they already had an ideal candidate from their students. All hiring posts and application process are just a required procedure. Don't be surprised that they never reply your email and you may never receive an even decline email.

Interview Questions
    • Are you currently teaching? This the only question I was asked.   View Answer

MAIL Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hunter College.

Invited to interview. Signed in and given a visitors pass. Campus staff were very friendly and helpful. Very friendly HR. Explained duties well. One of the best interview experiences.

Dietetic Intern Interview

Applicants reach out to the internship director through email or in-person for an introduction; personal essay is written specific to the internship, and some programs require in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • It is difficult to write an essay to convey the person that you are and convince the director that you are meant for the program. You have to look within yourself and give concrete examples while still standing out with your language, and the feeling of the essay.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this position

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hunter College.

I responded to an email sent to the department where I received my Ph.D., heard back from the chair and met with her within a day or two, where she went over the course objectives and materials with me. I began teaching my first course there the next week.

Interview Questions
    • It was very straightforward, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Hunter College.

The process to set up an interview was very pleasant. The administrative assistant was amiable and helpful. The instructions were clear. The appointment began on time and all members of the search committee were attentive.

Interview Questions
    • They asked standard questions regarding my interest in the position, what I knew about the university, and my background in the field. One question that I found particularly interesting was regarding how I handle rejection and negative criticism regarding my work efforts; they asked for an example of an experience with negative feedback and how it affected my work or response.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hunter College.

job talk given to department
    individual interviews continue through the day with departmental faculty

startup package negotiated over ~2 months

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hunter College in April 2009.

very nice people, they are slow on the administrative stuff but very helpful.

Non-profit Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hunter College in October 2009.

Long, friendly interview, but didn't have the desired experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were interviewing a future applicant for the position your applying to now, what kind of questions would you ask him/her?   Answer Question

Worked for Hunter College? Contribute to the Community!