Hunter Douglas (US)

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US) in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was a Vice President. After an initial phone interview he asked me to contact the other people that worked for him and asked what they thought it was like. They flew me out for a face to face interview in which the VP didn't ask very many questions nor did he give me the chance to do so. He just talked and talked. At one point I felt like he was trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Question – I found it very odd that the interviewer in one Division spoke so negatively of the Division that I was coming from.   Answer Question

SAP Variant Configurator Interview

SAP Variant Configurator

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US).

Interview Details – Multiple stage... first with the HR department, then with IT department. The immediate supervisor is excellent, the higher up management is average... to good. Culture used to be more laid back, but has higher pressure these days. Still I believe that the work life balance here is better than in most companies.

Interview Question – Sorry... but it has been many years since the interview, so I can't remember specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because back then... I really needed the job and didn't realize that it was common practice to negotiate. If I knew then, what I know now.. I would have negotiated for a bit more salary... and more time off.

Worked for Hunter Douglas (US)? Contribute to the Community!