Hunter Engineering Company

Updated Jul 3, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hunter Engineering Company

EE Co-op Interview

Short phone interview first. Then asked to come in for an aptitude test and another interview on site. Questions were fairly laid back, they were mainly just interested in past projects. The aptitude test wasn't anything you could study for, standard logic IQ test.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hunter Engineering Company in April 2012.

They have a very thorough interviewing process to ensure the best possible match of individual with their company with the best interests in mind for both parties. A perfect example of a great company. This comment is coming from someone who went through the entire hiring process with high reviews yet did not get hired. I cannot say enough good things about this company yet acknowledging I am 'outside looking in'. They conducted themselves professionally and with class.

Interview Questions
    • "If we hire you, what is the toughest obstacle you think you will face in this job?" The question itself was not that bad, but to answer it completely with eloquence was difficult.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hunter Engineering Company in August 2010.

Initial phone interview with HR, followed by an in person interview with supervisor, Director of HR, and VP of department. Extensive testing--engineering and logical reasoning tests. Very thorough process.

Interview Questions
    • The logical reasoning testing was very unique. A very emotionally charged situation is described, some political or religious in nature, then you must answer questions based on your responses if the story were true. I assume this is to separate people who can reason logically without emotion from those who cannot. It was not difficult for a rational person such as myself, but it was very unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was given an offer in the range I requested and was happy with it. I did not negotiate anything additional, though I know others in my department have done so with success.

Manufacturer Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hunter Engineering Company in January 2010.

Very comfortable interview process with regional management team. A series of industry specific tests and questionnaires to qualify credentials. The whole process moves pretty quickly and they don't waste anytime making a decision or leave you waiting in silence after an interview. They are very candid with job responsibilities and opportunities for success.