Hunter Industries

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.8

Associate Product Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in October 2014.

Applied online through an employee referral. Online application was typical--resume, cover letter, etc. but also had a "personality" component to it. Received a phone interview about a week later and then went for an on site interview a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • From the phone interview: Pretty straightforward--simple screening. Are you just applying for this job because it's a job or could you see yourself doing this kind of work? Also asked about salary.

From the on site interview: Quite difficult. Very long and full of technical "scenario" questions. Brought in 3 products and asked how I would fix them or what tests I would run on them to prove they are reliable.

Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in August 2014.

I applied for this position through the Hunter website on 7/19/14. I completed the application process which included a Predictive Index test. The following week, I was contacted by the Manager of Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone interview. On 7/30/14, I had a phone interview with the Manager of Talent Acquisition. I found the phone interview to be engaging such that the questions were not only about my qualifications, but about myself in general which helped gauge my fit for their culture. I was happy with the honesty and transparency of the interviewer and found his demeanor to be very approachable with literally any question I had regarding the Hunter organization.

A few days after my phone interview, I was contacted for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This interview lasted nearly an hour exploring all areas of my experience specifically related to the opportunity. It was not the typical, "tell me about yourself", but was much more engaging diving into details related to my skills in product development, social media development, product launch strategies, etc.. I found it refreshing to be discussing the opportunity as if it were the first day of hire outlining what I would be doing rather than just being an interview itself.

Ultimately I was informed directly via phone from the Manager of Talent Acquisition that Hunter decided to promote an internal candidate for this opportunity within the Marketing department. I truly respect this decision of the Hunter organization for their culture of promoting from within wherever possible. Hunter Industries is a fantastic organization with an amazing culture of solid individuals with whom I aspire to work with one day.

Interview Questions
    • From the Manager of Talent Acquisition: "Would you like to know which product line this position is for and the number of SKUs you would be managing?"   View Answer

Mold Technician 11 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hunter Industries.

Well usually is normal interview, because I start working for the agency so the supervisor known my experience, then he explain me about the benefit I going a receive and policy instruction on the company.

Interview Questions
    • I won't have any question the I can specter in this king the job   Answer Question

Director of Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in July 2014.

The HR recruiting manager contacted me through Linkedin. We spoke a couple of times on the phone and after that , he arranged an onsite interview with the VP of Engineering. I thought the interview went very well and I was even told that the VP was very favorable and he wanted to get buy in from others. Another onsite interview was arranged with two engineering directors after two weeks. I felt those interviews went well too and I was told that the next interviews would be with two other VPs and Greg Hunter. There was no feedback for almost three weeks after this and I just got a system email and a phone message from the HR manager that they were moving on. There was no other feedback.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hunter Industries.

Apply online and take a silly test that is nothing more than a horoscope. Later called to set up a phone interview. Take the phone interview, which is the same questions as on the application. Finally, a two person panel interview where they simply read questions off a piece of paper.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make a tough decision. Describe a time you were in danger.   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in September 2013.

I was first interview over the phone by the Talent Acquisition Manager, which involved questions about my work experience and work history. A follow up interview was conducted by the the Department Lead and another Hunter Industries Manager to get more in depth about who I was as a person and as a potential employee. A second follow up interview was conducted by the Department Lead and the Department Specialists to ask questions to see if I would fit well in to the Department as a whole and culturally.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficulty with any of the interview process or answering any of the questions. They are quite professional, straight forward, and transparent.   Answer Question
    There was no need to have a negotiation phase. The offer that I was given was what I wanted/expected, and there is also the potential for yearly raises based on performance (which I believe is how raises should be determined). I was also given the three week vacation benefit as part of my employment with Hunter Industries.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in February 2012.

I applied to the position through their website. First, there were 2 phone interviews as well as a personality test. I was then called in for an in-person interview with 4 people, which also included a technical aptitude test, and a brief tour. I was called back in for second round of interviews with more engineers. The questions from the on-site interviews were mostly the same as the phone interview. I was asked a lot of questions about my leadership experience and my ability to manage groups of people, which seemed unecessary given that I was applying to lower level position. The company took their time with the interview process (4 weeks) and it seemed like they were in no hurry to fill the position, which makes things more difficult when they're willing to wait to find a 100% perfect candidate. Overall, the interviewers were friendly and accommodating and were quick to let me know of their decision, but it was disappointing to go through 4 interviews through 4 weeks only to receive no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Identify potential issues in existing parts they manufacture.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in November 2011.

It has been a while since I interviewed but the process was more or less like other places I have worked. I started with a phone interview with HR then the hiring manager. We scheduled an in-person interview and everyone was prepared when I arrived. I met with quite a few people, basically everyone with at level of management who happened to be in the office the day I visited. The hiring manager took me out to lunch with all the people in my department who were not traveling. I could immediately tell it was a great team. Smart, professional and happy.

Everyone I spoke to literally gushed with pride about working at Hunter. It was very hard not to want the job due to the work environment alone.

Interview Questions
    • One of the people I met with was Greg Hunter. He was director of marketing at the time. I quickly discovered he is a very cerebral person and very intelligent. He asked me what seemed like ordinary questions but used my answers to generate discussions I had not anticipated.

The only question I specifically recall had to do with a well known person in our industry. The person does not work at Hunter. he has a reputation for being very difficult to work with while at the same time is among the best around at what he does.

Apparently this person had made some sort of comment to Greg disparaging one of the Hunter products and the essence of his displeasure was not actually true. Greg asked me why I thought he would have said something like that.

View Answer
    Difficult because hunter does not pay as well as the place I was leaving. I was able to work out a signing bonus and 3 weeks of vacation rather than the starting level of two weeks.

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hunter Industries in May 2011.

Manager was polite and thoughtful during the interview and hiring process. Not much to say about the professionalism after that.

Interview Questions
    • Don't let the "Helios" question on the interview quiz trick you. It's about a Mitutoyo long jaw caliper that they call a "Helios" because they don't know any better.   Answer Question
    Very simple. Quick response from my staffing agent regarding the position offer.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hunter Industries in February 2010.

I was given a phone interview which consisted of them asking about behavioral questions as well as assessing your technical skills. The interview was surprisingly pretty difficult. I would definitely be prepared to be asked about your Problem Solving method and how you would deal with issues that arise during projects.