Hunter Industries

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mold Technician 11 Interview

Mold Technician 11
San Marcos, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hunter Industries.

Interview Details – Well usually is normal interview, because I start working for the agency so the supervisor known my experience, then he explain me about the benefit I going a receive and policy instruction on the company.

Interview Question – I won't have any question the I can specter in this king the job   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard
San Marcos, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Hunter Industries.

Interview Details – Apply online and take a silly test that is nothing more than a horoscope. Later called to set up a phone interview. Take the phone interview, which is the same questions as on the application. Finally, a two person panel interview where they simply read questions off a piece of paper.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to make a tough decision. Describe a time you were in danger.   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Security Specialist
San Marcos, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hunter Industries in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was first interview over the phone by the Talent Acquisition Manager, which involved questions about my work experience and work history. A follow up interview was conducted by the the Department Lead and another Hunter Industries Manager to get more in depth about who I was as a person and as a potential employee. A second follow up interview was conducted by the Department Lead and the Department Specialists to ask questions to see if I would fit well in to the Department as a whole and culturally.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficulty with any of the interview process or answering any of the questions. They are quite professional, straight forward, and transparent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to have a negotiation phase. The offer that I was given was what I wanted/expected, and there is also the potential for yearly raises based on performance (which I believe is how raises should be determined). I was also given the three week vacation benefit as part of my employment with Hunter Industries.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Marcos, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hunter Industries in November 2011.

Interview Details – It has been a while since I interviewed but the process was more or less like other places I have worked. I started with a phone interview with HR then the hiring manager. We scheduled an in-person interview and everyone was prepared when I arrived. I met with quite a few people, basically everyone with at level of management who happened to be in the office the day I visited. The hiring manager took me out to lunch with all the people in my department who were not traveling. I could immediately tell it was a great team. Smart, professional and happy.

Everyone I spoke to literally gushed with pride about working at Hunter. It was very hard not to want the job due to the work environment alone.

Interview Question – One of the people I met with was Greg Hunter. He was director of marketing at the time. I quickly discovered he is a very cerebral person and very intelligent. He asked me what seemed like ordinary questions but used my answers to generate discussions I had not anticipated.

The only question I specifically recall had to do with a well known person in our industry. The person does not work at Hunter. he has a reputation for being very difficult to work with while at the same time is among the best around at what he does.

Apparently this person had made some sort of comment to Greg disparaging one of the Hunter products and the essence of his displeasure was not actually true. Greg asked me why I thought he would have said something like that.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult because hunter does not pay as well as the place I was leaving. I was able to work out a signing bonus and 3 weeks of vacation rather than the starting level of two weeks.

Quality Inspector Interview

Quality Inspector
San Marcos, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hunter Industries in May 2011.

Interview Details – Manager was polite and thoughtful during the interview and hiring process. Not much to say about the professionalism after that.

Interview Question – Don't let the "Helios" question on the interview quiz trick you. It's about a Mitutoyo long jaw caliper that they call a "Helios" because they don't know any better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. Quick response from my staffing agent regarding the position offer.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering
Carlsbad, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hunter Industries in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to the position through their website. First, there were 2 phone interviews as well as a personality test. I was then called in for an in-person interview with 4 people, which also included a technical aptitude test, and a brief tour. I was called back in for second round of interviews with more engineers. The questions from the on-site interviews were mostly the same as the phone interview. I was asked a lot of questions about my leadership experience and my ability to manage groups of people, which seemed unecessary given that I was applying to lower level position. The company took their time with the interview process (4 weeks) and it seemed like they were in no hurry to fill the position, which makes things more difficult when they're willing to wait to find a 100% perfect candidate. Overall, the interviewers were friendly and accommodating and were quick to let me know of their decision, but it was disappointing to go through 4 interviews through 4 weeks only to receive no offer.

Interview Question – Identify potential issues in existing parts they manufacture.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hunter Industries in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview which consisted of them asking about behavioral questions as well as assessing your technical skills. The interview was surprisingly pretty difficult. I would definitely be prepared to be asked about your Problem Solving method and how you would deal with issues that arise during projects.

Interview Question – Explain Your Problem Solving Method.   View Answer

Worked for Hunter Industries? Contribute to the Community!