Huntington National Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.5

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview

Call from recruiter to set up a 30-45 minute phone interview.
    Call from recruiter to set up a 1 hour in-branch interview with Teller Supervisor and Branch Manager.
    Call from recruiter about a week or so later to offer position. E-mailed offer letter and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were not content with your work environment and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huntington National Bank (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

1st did a brief telephone interview with recruiter. They then contacted me a few days late to set up an interview with the manager and assistant manager of the branch I applied to. One week later I was contacted for a 2nd round interview with the district manager. And a week after the second interview I was made a salary offer and started the background check process that same day. The entire hire process takes at the least 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why huntington bank?
      What can I bring to the team?
      What motivates me? And basic interview questions. Also be prepared for a role play scenario.

Answer Question

In Store Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Huntington National Bank (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviews are not stressful what so ever..but time consuming. The phone interview was fairly easy just general questions about your past job history and they explain the position to you in detail
    ..I highly suggest you pay close attention because after the brief description they will ask you "after I explained all this to you what did you get out of it?" They are all about customer service as well. The following day after my phone interview I got an email for a face to face interview with the district manager..and the questions were about the same as they were on the phone interview. After that I did a realistic job preview at a nearby Meijers. Later on in the day I got offered the postion.

Interview Questions

• explain a time where a customer rejected you..and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • what do you know about huntington bank?   Answer Question
    • out of all the people I interviewed why should I choose you?   Answer Question
    • explain a time where you created a need for a customer.   Answer Question
    • explain a time where you had to multutask and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • out of all the jobs that you have had which one didn't you like and why?   Answer Question
    • explain a time where you used a different sales tactic than your original way of selling   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview

Very comfortable experience. Phone interview was standard questions about why leaving, sales and leadership experience, etc. The interview was with district manager, then later interviewed with dm's boss. Both focusing on behaviors and experience. Looking for someone who has the values of the company and can be a strong coach to their staff.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a difficult employee and how did you deal?   Answer Question

In Store Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Went into a branch that had an opening to discuss position before applying. Was encouraged to apply online after discussing my experience and skills. Had a phone interview the next day, met with hiring manager the day after, then with another manager a couple of days later. Was offered the position day of second interview.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Learned about opportunity through campus recruiter. After applying through my career services site, I was invited to interview on campus. Interviewed on-site with two different managers. Interviews were very basic. Just wanted to know about my past experiences and skills related to the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview

Fifteen minute phone call in which I was asked various questions about my sales experience. They described the position in detail as to what my role would be and how much it would pay. The individual I spoke to was probably typing my responses as it took him about a minute after each answer for him to respond. I was told I would hear in 3-5 business days whether or not they wanted to do a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you created a need for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huntington National Bank (Big Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took only about 1 week. I did a phone interview and then a face to face interview. It was definitely a waste of time. I fit all the requirements and experience they posted online and aced the interview. Then the next day they told me they were looking for more experience. Not to mention the lady who interviewed me seemed very unprofessional.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank in February 2015.

Interview

It was for an in store position so we talked about sales experience and at the end we walked through the store so he could get a feel for my communication skills. I though I aced the interview but never heard from them, but what really sucks is their policy on not even considering you for an interview for an entire year after you've been interviewed before.

Interview Questions

• The typical, Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied for the position in October. I was contacted by a recruiter in November, encouraging me to apply for the position (I already had...). I had a phone interview with HR, then they scheduled a phone interview with a manager. The manager never called me for the phone interview. I emailed HR and let them know. They rescheduled the interview for a week later. On that day, the manager did call - but 20 minutes late. I was invited on site for a 4 or 5 hour interview with several people. When I showed up, no one was there to help me (no one from HR was answering their phones to let me in). My interview was to begin at 10am. Someone eventually let me in at 10:10am (I'd arrived at 9:45). I sat in the lobby waiting on someone until 10:40am.

Finally the interview began. Everyone was very friendly, save for the very last person I interviewed with - who borderlined antagonistic. He didn't work very hard to sell the company culture or working for the company at all. Despite all that, I felt the interview (overall) went incredibly well. My only complaint was that because the position was new, the people I interviewed with sort of had no good information to give me, they were mostly unable to answer technical-specific questions, and had very vague expectations. I followed up with emails to each person, thanking them for the time and opportunity.

Then began the waiting game. I waited for several weeks. I finally followed up with HR to inquire about the position a month later. After a week, they finally replied, telling me that just that day they'd changed the job description to a more senior level skill set. And that was that. Completely turned off by the disorganization from start to finish. I would hesitate to ever apply for a position with them again, to be quite honest.

Interview Questions

• Walking through an entire business/marketing scenario for 45 minutes (despite this job being a GIS/technical position).   Answer Question