Huntington National Bank Interview Questions

2.5

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I applied online and after 1+ weeks, received their phone interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor and a branch manager couple days after the call.The interview was easy and comfortable. They basically asked if i'm fine with doing sales and meeting team goals. Customer services and cash-handling experience is a must.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to greet him the way i would greet customers ( more like a role play).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call back for a phone interview. I had the phone interview, which was very easy, just questions about what you do now. She set me up with a 1on1 interview with a manager from a different branch then i applied at. I went to the interview, it was just an average interview. He asked some tricky questions, some hard, but then explained all the benefits to me. I waited about 1-2 weeks, and received another call from the local branch manager. He wanted to set up another interview locally. I went to the interview, asked a couple questions about what I do now, and what I wanted to do. Also role played "If he was a customer in Meijer, and I was the personal banker from huntington, greet him." He stopped me mid-way through, and said I hit 3/6 things they look for already. He expressed that I did a great job. I also did a job shadow, and worked with the manager in the aisle helping customers. He told me that they would call me within a week or week & half. I got a call about 5 hours later offering me the job. I accepted, what a great experience with the interviews, and I am truly excited to start.

I thought I would give back to Glassdoor and explain my experience because I was worried at first, and was trying to look at previous interviews that could help me.

I do suggest reading about the company, and finding some facts to surprise your manager interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about an experience where you had a to be an mediator to two co-workers, why did you do what you did?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I received a salary that was already amazing.

In Store Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I applied for the position through Huntington's web portal and received a call back and a phone interview within the hour. Approximately 2 business days later I received and email with a scheduled interview with a branch manager. The questions included why do you want to work here, what are your strengths weakness, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell a Huntington ink pen to the interviewer as a test of my sales skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in May 2014.

Basic phone interview more in depth face to face. The face to face took about an hour and half with several “what if” questions and some role playing to your interaction with a customer.

Interview Questions
    • 5 things you would say to a customer - This was more of a role play section and if you have never worked in banking industry this may be a difficult to accomplish   Answer Question

IS Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Phone call, interview with two people and then offer.

Interview Questions
    • When comparing this bank to its competitors, what would you say make Huntington stand out in the marketplace?   View Answer
    I stated what I was making at the time and will not make a move for no less than a 10K bump. Recruiter wanted to talk me out of my desired number but I stood my ground.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

horrible experience. the hr recruiter called my current manager because she knew him to ask his opinion and talk about me. i was then called into a meeting with him and questioned for an hour about why i was wanting to leave. this is after i was recruited and informed her i was just looking at all of my options for growth and to please not call.
    the interview was great and the manager i interviewed with was wonderful. she is the reason i took the job.

tedious

Universal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I interviewed with the district manager and he asked basic questions, but when I asked him about the sales goals he was very vague. Also I asked him if I would get fired for not meeting the goes and he said "No"...Well guess what? I did!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult customer?   View Answer
    they just sent a letter stating how much i would make and who i had to report to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lyndhurst, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in February 2014.

Was the worst experience I have ever had. They called me rather quickly after submitting my application. I went to an interview early February and the interview went well, in fact the manager said he wanted to hire me. He said I would have to come in to shadow. I never heard from him for weeks, so I called him, but he never returned my call. I was then notified a month later via their out of state HR person that the position had been eliminated. She then enthusiastically said, we have another position you can interview for. It was even further out than the other one, but I said ok. I showed up and the interview went well even with the young kid saying what an ego he has and blah, blah, blah. I was invited back for a "Shadowing" which was the biggest waste of my time. I had to stand in back of the teller line and observe. Well I already knew the job description of the job I applied for and why the hell would you invite me for this and their was no interest in hiring me. This is the most ridiculous step in any interview process that I have ever seen.

Product Manager Interview

Huntington is big on teamwork. If your goal is to be hired and revamp the department or people, unless specifically asked, you will not last long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

The hiring process was easy. I got hired the same day that I interviewd. They are very focused on sales. If you dont have a sales background you are not likely to be hired for a banker position. The questions where situational. Very open ended. Very casusual. I did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions
    Directly with the hiring manager

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!