Huntington National Bank

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.5

Business Analyst III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Very well planned interview process. The first step is a phone interview to weed out the resumes that included all the right key words for the computer to pick it up, but the candidates are not actually qualified. Second step is a day of multiple interviews. This is nice because it keeps you from having to go back multiple times. After, the multiple interview day, they will chose a candidate at a fair pace.

Interview Questions
    • Typically a modern interview has less to do with the stereotypical "Interview Questions", and more to do with a pleasant dialogue to determine if you fit the requirements of the job. You cannot fake a dialogue as easy because you will run out of personal experience to draw from.   Answer Question
    I was offered the number that I had asked for so I did not counter

Teller Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I got a call from the recruiter the same day when I applied online. I had a 20 minute interview with her and at the end of the interview she schedule an in person interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you had to help a customer but you did not know the proper procedure for that scenario?   View Answer

Teller Interview

long background check, had 3 inteirews all at once which was kidna over whelming, but all in all was good got asked the same question by all three. got the job in the end so all good was the ongest nvterivew ............................................................................................................................................................................

met me half way

IT QA Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Bad, bad, bad!!! Was called in for 2 interviews and they went well. HR contacted me letting me know the hiring manager was very interested, had a few more interviews with others and planned to make a decision in the next two weeks. Followed up after 2 weeks and HR stated that the hiring manager was working on pulling together offer for me and would contacts in next few days. Did not hear from them for another week so I followed up again and HR said another week. This went on for 2 1/2 months and kept me thinking they were working on offer for me. Last I heard from HR at the end of July they told me they would get back to me EITHER way in two days. Nothing!!!!! They never called so I gave up on what I thought was a reputable company. Very unprofessional to not contact me as promised and at least tell me they filled the position.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I applied online and after 1+ weeks, received their phone interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor and a branch manager couple days after the call.The interview was easy and comfortable. They basically asked if i'm fine with doing sales and meeting team goals. Customer services and cash-handling experience is a must.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to greet him the way i would greet customers ( more like a role play).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call back for a phone interview. I had the phone interview, which was very easy, just questions about what you do now. She set me up with a 1on1 interview with a manager from a different branch then i applied at. I went to the interview, it was just an average interview. He asked some tricky questions, some hard, but then explained all the benefits to me. I waited about 1-2 weeks, and received another call from the local branch manager. He wanted to set up another interview locally. I went to the interview, asked a couple questions about what I do now, and what I wanted to do. Also role played "If he was a customer in Meijer, and I was the personal banker from huntington, greet him." He stopped me mid-way through, and said I hit 3/6 things they look for already. He expressed that I did a great job. I also did a job shadow, and worked with the manager in the aisle helping customers. He told me that they would call me within a week or week & half. I got a call about 5 hours later offering me the job. I accepted, what a great experience with the interviews, and I am truly excited to start.

I thought I would give back to Glassdoor and explain my experience because I was worried at first, and was trying to look at previous interviews that could help me.

I do suggest reading about the company, and finding some facts to surprise your manager interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about an experience where you had a to be an mediator to two co-workers, why did you do what you did?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I received a salary that was already amazing.

In Store Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I applied for the position through Huntington's web portal and received a call back and a phone interview within the hour. Approximately 2 business days later I received and email with a scheduled interview with a branch manager. The questions included why do you want to work here, what are your strengths weakness, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell a Huntington ink pen to the interviewer as a test of my sales skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huntington National Bank in May 2014.

Basic phone interview more in depth face to face. The face to face took about an hour and half with several “what if” questions and some role playing to your interaction with a customer.

Interview Questions
    • 5 things you would say to a customer - This was more of a role play section and if you have never worked in banking industry this may be a difficult to accomplish   Answer Question

IS Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Phone call, interview with two people and then offer.

Interview Questions
    • When comparing this bank to its competitors, what would you say make Huntington stand out in the marketplace?   View Answer
    I stated what I was making at the time and will not make a move for no less than a 10K bump. Recruiter wanted to talk me out of my desired number but I stood my ground.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Huntington National Bank.

horrible experience. the hr recruiter called my current manager because she knew him to ask his opinion and talk about me. i was then called into a meeting with him and questioned for an hour about why i was wanting to leave. this is after i was recruited and informed her i was just looking at all of my options for growth and to please not call.
    the interview was great and the manager i interviewed with was wonderful. she is the reason i took the job.

tedious