Huntington National Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

65 interviews

2.5

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in April 2013.

I was given this job by my manager. I was already working for them as their Teller Supervisor. Many jobs are like this within the branch; if you work hard and have a good rapport with your manager, they will offer you promotions when they open up.

Interview Questions
    Yes. HR tried to get me to accept the position at a lower salary than what I wanted but I stood my ground and told them that if I didn't get what I had asked for then I would decline the position. They were desperate to fill the position so in the end I got the salary that I had requested.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call back for a phone interview. I had the phone interview, which was very easy, just questions about what you do now. She set me up with a 1on1 interview with a manager from a different branch then i applied at. I went to the interview, it was just an average interview. He asked some tricky questions, some hard, but then explained all the benefits to me. I waited about 1-2 weeks, and received another call from the local branch manager. He wanted to set up another interview locally. I went to the interview, asked a couple questions about what I do now, and what I wanted to do. Also role played "If he was a customer in Meijer, and I was the personal banker from huntington, greet him." He stopped me mid-way through, and said I hit 3/6 things they look for already. He expressed that I did a great job. I also did a job shadow, and worked with the manager in the aisle helping customers. He told me that they would call me within a week or week & half. I got a call about 5 hours later offering me the job. I accepted, what a great experience with the interviews, and I am truly excited to start.

I thought I would give back to Glassdoor and explain my experience because I was worried at first, and was trying to look at previous interviews that could help me.

I do suggest reading about the company, and finding some facts to surprise your manager interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about an experience where you had a to be an mediator to two co-workers, why did you do what you did?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I received a salary that was already amazing.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I applied online and after 1+ weeks, received their phone interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor and a branch manager couple days after the call.The interview was easy and comfortable. They basically asked if i'm fine with doing sales and meeting team goals. Customer services and cash-handling experience is a must.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to greet him the way i would greet customers ( more like a role play).   Answer Question

In Store Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

I applied for the position through Huntington's web portal and received a call back and a phone interview within the hour. Approximately 2 business days later I received and email with a scheduled interview with a branch manager. The questions included why do you want to work here, what are your strengths weakness, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell a Huntington ink pen to the interviewer as a test of my sales skills.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in May 2014.

Basic phone interview more in depth face to face. The face to face took about an hour and half with several “what if” questions and some role playing to your interaction with a customer.

Interview Questions
    • 5 things you would say to a customer - This was more of a role play section and if you have never worked in banking industry this may be a difficult to accomplish   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in October 2013.

simple they'll ask for you to navigate a computer which is super easy. They ask the standard questions about previous employment and why you picked Huntington National bank. Very nice, however really want you to go into detail about each position you worked.

Interview Questions
    they asked if amount was okay

IS Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Phone call, interview with two people and then offer.

Interview Questions
    • When comparing this bank to its competitors, what would you say make Huntington stand out in the marketplace?   View Answer
    I stated what I was making at the time and will not make a move for no less than a 10K bump. Recruiter wanted to talk me out of my desired number but I stood my ground.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in June 2011.

It was a team interview. The team painted a picture of the job and culture that was far from accurate, especially hours and weekend requirements. One of the interviewers spent more time talking about their experience and accomplishments than asking questions. Didn't ask detailed technical questions. Not unpleasant, not difficult.

Interview Questions
    Offer was low. Declined and received a better offer.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in March 2013.

It was a simple phone interview by the lead BA and the Manager. Pretty basic questions.

no negotiation.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

interviewed at Huntington National Bank in November 2013.

Mostly by phone and email, basically if you are called for a face to face you will get the job pending background drug and nicotine test

all over phone with recruiter

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!