Huntington National Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Teller
Columbus, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview Details – I applied online and after 1+ weeks, received their phone interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor and a branch manager couple days after the call.The interview was easy and comfortable. They basically asked if i'm fine with doing sales and meeting team goals. Customer services and cash-handling experience is a must.

Interview Question – I was asked to greet him the way i would greet customers ( more like a role play).   Answer Question

In Store Personal Banker Interview

In Store Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through Huntington's web portal and received a call back and a phone interview within the hour. Approximately 2 business days later I received and email with a scheduled interview with a branch manager. The questions included why do you want to work here, what are your strengths weakness, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell a Huntington ink pen to the interviewer as a test of my sales skills.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Toledo, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in May 2014.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview more in depth face to face. The face to face took about an hour and half with several “what if” questions and some role playing to your interaction with a customer.

Interview Question – 5 things you would say to a customer - This was more of a role play section and if you have never worked in banking industry this may be a difficult to accomplish   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Holland, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – simple they'll ask for you to navigate a computer which is super easy. They ask the standard questions about previous employment and why you picked Huntington National bank. Very nice, however really want you to go into detail about each position you worked.

Interview Question – Nothing straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they asked if amount was okay

IS Technical Specialist Interview

IS Technical Specialist
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview Details – Phone call, interview with two people and then offer.

Interview Question – When comparing this bank to its competitors, what would you say make Huntington stand out in the marketplace?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I stated what I was making at the time and will not make a move for no less than a 10K bump. Recruiter wanted to talk me out of my desired number but I stood my ground.

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a team interview. The team painted a picture of the job and culture that was far from accurate, especially hours and weekend requirements. One of the interviewers spent more time talking about their experience and accomplishments than asking questions. Didn't ask detailed technical questions. Not unpleasant, not difficult.

Interview Question – Worst mistake you ever made?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was low. Declined and received a better offer.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was a simple phone interview by the lead BA and the Manager. Pretty basic questions.

Interview Question – I did not find any questions difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Universal Banker Interview

Universal Banker
Columbus, OH

I interviewed at Huntington National Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – Mostly by phone and email, basically if you are called for a face to face you will get the job pending background drug and nicotine test

Negotiation Details – all over phone with recruiter

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview Details – horrible experience. the hr recruiter called my current manager because she knew him to ask his opinion and talk about me. i was then called into a meeting with him and questioned for an hour about why i was wanting to leave. this is after i was recruited and informed her i was just looking at all of my options for growth and to please not call.
the interview was great and the manager i interviewed with was wonderful. she is the reason i took the job.

Interview Question – How many people have you fired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tedious

Mortgage Banker Interview

Mortgage Banker
Florence, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huntington National Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews with Huntington Bank. I asked specific questions about the average commissioned salary, time required to be at the branches, policy on contacting current customers. All the answers I received were lies. They told me things I wanted to hear, set me up to fail, then we're upset and wondered why I underperformed. HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR.

Interview Question – They did not ask me any difficult questions. They lied in their responses to MY specific questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated specific things about the position. NONE of which were given to me once the deal was final. My advice: DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! Technically behind in the market, low, ,(dissatisfied), customer base. I could go on about the cons to working for this company, but I don't have enough room.

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!