Huntsman Corp Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.5

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huntsman Corp.

Phone interview with contract HR person, phone interview with dept managers, onsite interview. Seemed like interviewers were not interested and unprepared. Rushed with no site tour.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I was contacted by email for an interview. I assumed the interview went well but I never heard a response back. After about a week I contacted the recruiter and she advised she had no additional information regarding the position. I never received any feedback

Interview Questions
    • What error did you make and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in June 2014.

I was firstly interviewed by a staffing agency as this is a contractual position. I got a detailed job description at the career website of the company. The interview schedule was followed well and I was given all the info i required about the company and the profile.

Interview Questions
    The salary was pre defined as it was a temporary position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in February 2014.

The process was simple for me. They needed an intern and I happened to have know someone who knew the man in charge of hiring the interns. My friend put me in touch with the man directly and we spoke on the phone once had a very brief and informal discussion before calling me in to have an interview. After the interview they extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very straight forward. There was nothing that came out of left field to surprise you. They asked about my past experiences and went over my qualifications for the position and asked some basic fit questions. For a full-time position I imagine that the interview process would be much more rigorous.   Answer Question

Senior Chemical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in September 2011.

Initially, I interviewed by phone as the site was 350 miles away. I paid for travel to and from the interview. Of course, mine was just a technician position and I am sure that they pay for travel for upper tier positions. I was interviewed by my supervisor, another supervisor and their manager. I had 23 years experience and quite frankly, I believe they had made their decision before I even showed up. The entire process took less than an hour and a half and there was no tour of the facility. I received the offer within a week but it still was 9 weeks before I started because of the background check and physical. Being it was later in the year (December start date) may have had something to do with the delay.

Interview Questions
    • Why I left my previous job. Not really difficult for me but they could not understand why I would just give my notice and leave a position I had held for 9 years without a job in hand. FYI, I had topped out and saw that I would advance no higher than where I was in the previous company.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on their part. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Process Operator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in November 2013.

Team of 3 conducted the interview. Asked why they should hire me, if I like hot, confined areas, what I do at my current job..

Interview Questions
    • What do you do with your off time at work?   View Answer

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Huntsman Corp.

The process took a long time to complete. I was impressed with the hiring manager but not HR in this process. The office and location are exceptionally nice and convenient.

Interview Questions
    They offered and I accepted.

Customet Service Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in April 2013.

I applied online via the company website. Recieved a call for a onsite interview 4 weeks later, asked to descride how I would handle certain situations pertaining to my job description. I was called back for a 2nd interview the next day, I was given the time to express who i was as an employee. I recived a call with and offer 13 days latter.

Interview Questions
    • What's more important finding the problem or finding the solution.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in September 2010.

Initially I was contacted by a staffing agency who found me using LinkedIn. After reviewing the job description, I deemed it a good fit and had the first interview on the phone. It was a quick 30 minute call that quickly turned into 45 minutes. The discussion was regarding my background and the job itself. The hiring manager immediately told me that he would like to meet in person. About a half week later, I met him and another manager for lunch. It was similar to the phone interview as far as content but went into more detail. They both were wearing suits and we had lunch at a formal place in The Woodlands, so that tipped me off regarding the culture of the company. Both men were affable and easy to talk to. About one week later I was invited for a all-day, on-site interview. I met with myriad of folks on the team. Most of my soon-to-be coworkers were easy-going and easy to talk to as well. The site in which I will work at is more laid back with people in business casual clothing. There weren't any questions too difficult, nor were there any technical questions. The only difficult part was that it lasted all day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with difficult people.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Huntsman Corp in July 2009.

The interviewers were looking for someone in a lab position. They ask relatively general questions like what courses I enjoy most, what experience I have doing my undergraduate research, my weakness and strength. Nothing too special about the questions. If you are well prepared, nothing should be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your work experience, and how you think your skills would help you succeed in this job?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite course and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Huntsman Corp? Contribute to the Community!