Hurley Store Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hurley in February 2013.

There are three phases with a Hurley|Nike interview. First phase is a phone screening with a recruiter from Nike. Real basic interview lasts anywhere from 15 - 35 minutes I was told. Mine lasted a little over half an hour. Recruiter is focused on your resume, background, and possible fit with the organization.

Second phase is a phone interview with a retail manager at Hurley HQ. Last about the same time as the first interview. Again the manager looks for fit with the job and organization. Similar questions to the first interview but more pertaining to the job your applied for. Be sure to know the product, the organization, and this is also a good time to get your questions in about the job itself and the management style of your supervisor.

Third Phase is a panel interview. Now the panels I'm sure will be somewhat different in any manner or form but should consist of 3 interviewees. Mine was the VP of Retail, an Operations Manager, and Store Manager of the organization. Lasts anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes. Questions start off formal at first and then are more of a relaxed conversational throughout the rest. The last questions coming mainly from the interviewees and not a corporate form. I'll write down some questions that were asked and some that helped me prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are your most definable leadership characteristics?   View Answer
  • Why Hurley?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a suggestion or successful contribution you have made in your paying job or in college.   Answer Question
  • What would your previous supervisor say about you?   Answer Question
  • How would you describe your work/management style?   Answer Question
Basically the more confident your manager is in you than the better the offer. Hurley being an affiliate of Nike makes it a top notch offer. I didn't have to negotiate anything out as the off hit every mark I needed. So my advice would be just do your research on the cost of living within the area you applied for and make sure your expenses will be well taken care of. You want to be able to focus on your work and not the bills.