Huron Consulting Group

Updated Jul 21, 2014

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

2 Phone screenings followed by an onsite interview. The interviewers were very polite and professional. The discussions were mainly centered on my ability to learn new tools very quickly.

Interview Questions
Not too much room to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I was referred to Huron Healthcare by my friend who is currently working there. I am about to go into the final round of interviews at the office in Chicago.

The first round interview was with the Huron recruiter. Phone interview. Two behavioral - describe a time you went above and beyond and describe a time you took initiative in an organization. Also why consulting? why Huron?

Second round interviews were in person. Four behavioral questions - leadership, problem with a team member, a time when something unpexted happened/something went wrong and you had to adjust, a time when you had to complete a task with a sense of urgency. The case study was a call center with too long of wait times. There was also a question on calculating A/r days. Interviewers asked general questions on why Huron, why consulting, why healthcare, at the end.

Third round is the office visit. Will be a breakfast with other candidates and interviewers, two "discussions," and a chance to meet with a panel of analysts. I am going to Chicago this week for the third round.

Interview Questions
    • The Huron behavioral questions are harder than the case study. Make sure to have STAR scenarios ready, preferrably those relating to something you did for an organization.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Phone interview, then office interview with 2 different managers

Interview Questions
    None, was a recent college graduate.

Analyst Interview

Huron was very open about the interview process: there was a first round 30 minute behavioral interview with 2 questions, where the questions were your very standard behavioral questions. My interviewer was extremely friendly and not intimidating at all, employees at Huron really try and make you feel comfortable and not intimidated while interviewing. I heard back that night, and was told when my second round would be. The second round was a 45 minute case (split between interviewer-led qualitative case where they just want to see your thought process and a numerical problem which was not overly challenging) and a 45 minute behavioral with 4 questions, similar to the first round. Heard back that I got the final round two days after the second round.

The final round was at the Chicago office. They take you out to breakfast (or lunch if you do the afternoon interview) where you talk to some current analysts, and then there are two 45 minute discussion based interviews. Super calm interviews, nothing stressful. The people are just so kind and just want to talk to you. Everyone seems happy with their job and are extremely engaging. Generally great company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem, the steps you went about solving it, and what the result was.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Tough Case, be prepared for the math question

Analyst Interview

Interviewed during on-campus recruiting. First round was a short 30 minute behavioral interview where they asked about group work and overcoming obstacles. Second round consisted of two, 45 minute interviews-one case interview and another behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Sent in resume, got called for interview taking place the next day (12 hours from phone call).

First two interviews were all fit, and couldn't be more basic questions. They tend to compound their questions (i.e. ask 7 at one time in paragraphs), so structure certainly matters.

Also, appearance and superficial characteristics are HUGE here. The interviewer told me I didn't progress to the next round because I was too loud.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you decided to break a commitment or rule for the good of a project or goal?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed a week later. 30-minute behavioral interview where the recruiter typed up my responses and hardly even looked at me. Second round includes a math problem, 45-minute behavioral interview, and 45-minute case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you when above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The hiring and interview process is a three round process. I was a college recruit, and the first rounds take place on day 1 (only behavioral). You really have to stand out here because they are interviewing a lot of people. You will be called back for second rounds the following day. The second round has 1 case and 1 behavioral. Then you will be notified if you will be going to their home office (Atlanta) for their final rounds. If you get this then you practically have the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you had to use your resources to solve a problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

This was an on campus interview. There were two rounds on campus followed by on on-site interview. The second round had a case interview while the first was soley behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The case had a lot of questions about corporate structure.   Answer Question