Huron Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews for first round
Limited chat time with current analysts in the waiting area
First was behavioral, standard team questions to gauge how you work in groups
Second was a very structured case interview, didn't require any practice

1 final interview at the Chicago office
Breakfast social before the final interview, behavioral only

Interview Question – Business case to determine how you would analyze a hospitals finances. Interviewer provided framework and directed your train of thought   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, dumb kid straight out of undergrad

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – 2 Phone screenings followed by an onsite interview. The interviewers were very polite and professional. The discussions were mainly centered on my ability to learn new tools very quickly.

Interview Question – business case question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much room to negotiate

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – I started the hiring process as a referral. They reviewed my resume and asked me to do a phone interview, which was behaviorally based. The person that interviewed me via phone was from HR, and the questions were fairly generic behavioral ones. She was easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. The next round was the case question and more behavioral.

Interview Question – The 2 behavioral interviews were a little hard, because the questions/my answers seemed a little redundant. One question threw me a little - "What was a deadline you failed to meet, and how did you go about it?"

The case question was easy - had to calculate days in A/R, and talk about process flow improvement for a busy ER.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry-level.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I was referred to Huron Healthcare by my friend who is currently working there. I am about to go into the final round of interviews at the office in Chicago.

The first round interview was with the Huron recruiter. Phone interview. Two behavioral - describe a time you went above and beyond and describe a time you took initiative in an organization. Also why consulting? why Huron?

Second round interviews were in person. Four behavioral questions - leadership, problem with a team member, a time when something unpexted happened/something went wrong and you had to adjust, a time when you had to complete a task with a sense of urgency. The case study was a call center with too long of wait times. There was also a question on calculating A/r days. Interviewers asked general questions on why Huron, why consulting, why healthcare, at the end.

Third round is the office visit. Will be a breakfast with other candidates and interviewers, two "discussions," and a chance to meet with a panel of analysts. I am going to Chicago this week for the third round.

Interview Question – The Huron behavioral questions are harder than the case study. Make sure to have STAR scenarios ready, preferrably those relating to something you did for an organization.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then office interview with 2 different managers

Interview Question – Technical finance questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, was a recent college graduate.

Analyst

Interview Details – Huron was very open about the interview process: there was a first round 30 minute behavioral interview with 2 questions, where the questions were your very standard behavioral questions. My interviewer was extremely friendly and not intimidating at all, employees at Huron really try and make you feel comfortable and not intimidated while interviewing. I heard back that night, and was told when my second round would be. The second round was a 45 minute case (split between interviewer-led qualitative case where they just want to see your thought process and a numerical problem which was not overly challenging) and a 45 minute behavioral with 4 questions, similar to the first round. Heard back that I got the final round two days after the second round.

The final round was at the Chicago office. They take you out to breakfast (or lunch if you do the afternoon interview) where you talk to some current analysts, and then there are two 45 minute discussion based interviews. Super calm interviews, nothing stressful. The people are just so kind and just want to talk to you. Everyone seems happy with their job and are extremely engaging. Generally great company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem, the steps you went about solving it, and what the result was.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Tough Case, be prepared for the math question

Interview Question – Know how accounts receivable works   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is a three round process. I was a college recruit, and the first rounds take place on day 1 (only behavioral). You really have to stand out here because they are interviewing a lot of people. You will be called back for second rounds the following day. The second round has 1 case and 1 behavioral. Then you will be notified if you will be going to their home office (Atlanta) for their final rounds. If you get this then you practically have the offer.

Interview Question – What is a time that you had to use your resources to solve a problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

University, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – This was an on campus interview. There were two rounds on campus followed by on on-site interview. The second round had a case interview while the first was soley behavioral.

Interview Question – The case had a lot of questions about corporate structure.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Huron Consulting Group

Interview Details – Interviewed during on-campus recruiting. First round was a short 30 minute behavioral interview where they asked about group work and overcoming obstacles. Second round consisted of two, 45 minute interviews-one case interview and another behavioral.

Interview Question – Case interview was not a typical strategy case   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Huron Consulting Group

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Huron Consulting Group Videos

Huron Consulting Group – Why Work for Us?

Huron Consulting Group helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory changes, recover from distress and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huron Consulting Group Analyst interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Huron Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.