Huron Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

42 interviews

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Sent in resume, got called for interview taking place the next day (12 hours from phone call).

First two interviews were all fit, and couldn't be more basic questions. They tend to compound their questions (i.e. ask 7 at one time in paragraphs), so structure certainly matters.

Also, appearance and superficial characteristics are HUGE here. The interviewer told me I didn't progress to the next round because I was too loud.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you decided to break a commitment or rule for the good of a project or goal?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2012.

2 on campus interviews for first round
    Limited chat time with current analysts in the waiting area
    First was behavioral, standard team questions to gauge how you work in groups
    Second was a very structured case interview, didn't require any practice

1 final interview at the Chicago office
    Breakfast social before the final interview, behavioral only

Interview Questions
    • Business case to determine how you would analyze a hospitals finances. Interviewer provided framework and directed your train of thought   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, dumb kid straight out of undergrad

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

2 Phone screenings followed by an onsite interview. The interviewers were very polite and professional. The discussions were mainly centered on my ability to learn new tools very quickly.

Interview Questions
    Not too much room to negotiate

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2012.

I started the hiring process as a referral. They reviewed my resume and asked me to do a phone interview, which was behaviorally based. The person that interviewed me via phone was from HR, and the questions were fairly generic behavioral ones. She was easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. The next round was the case question and more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The 2 behavioral interviews were a little hard, because the questions/my answers seemed a little redundant. One question threw me a little - "What was a deadline you failed to meet, and how did you go about it?"

The case question was easy - had to calculate days in A/R, and talk about process flow improvement for a busy ER.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry-level.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I was referred to Huron Healthcare by my friend who is currently working there. I am about to go into the final round of interviews at the office in Chicago.

The first round interview was with the Huron recruiter. Phone interview. Two behavioral - describe a time you went above and beyond and describe a time you took initiative in an organization. Also why consulting? why Huron?

Second round interviews were in person. Four behavioral questions - leadership, problem with a team member, a time when something unpexted happened/something went wrong and you had to adjust, a time when you had to complete a task with a sense of urgency. The case study was a call center with too long of wait times. There was also a question on calculating A/r days. Interviewers asked general questions on why Huron, why consulting, why healthcare, at the end.

Third round is the office visit. Will be a breakfast with other candidates and interviewers, two "discussions," and a chance to meet with a panel of analysts. I am going to Chicago this week for the third round.

Interview Questions
    • The Huron behavioral questions are harder than the case study. Make sure to have STAR scenarios ready, preferrably those relating to something you did for an organization.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Phone interview, then office interview with 2 different managers

Interview Questions
    None, was a recent college graduate.

Analyst Interview

Huron was very open about the interview process: there was a first round 30 minute behavioral interview with 2 questions, where the questions were your very standard behavioral questions. My interviewer was extremely friendly and not intimidating at all, employees at Huron really try and make you feel comfortable and not intimidated while interviewing. I heard back that night, and was told when my second round would be. The second round was a 45 minute case (split between interviewer-led qualitative case where they just want to see your thought process and a numerical problem which was not overly challenging) and a 45 minute behavioral with 4 questions, similar to the first round. Heard back that I got the final round two days after the second round.

The final round was at the Chicago office. They take you out to breakfast (or lunch if you do the afternoon interview) where you talk to some current analysts, and then there are two 45 minute discussion based interviews. Super calm interviews, nothing stressful. The people are just so kind and just want to talk to you. Everyone seems happy with their job and are extremely engaging. Generally great company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem, the steps you went about solving it, and what the result was.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Tough Case, be prepared for the math question

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

The hiring and interview process is a three round process. I was a college recruit, and the first rounds take place on day 1 (only behavioral). You really have to stand out here because they are interviewing a lot of people. You will be called back for second rounds the following day. The second round has 1 case and 1 behavioral. Then you will be notified if you will be going to their home office (Atlanta) for their final rounds. If you get this then you practically have the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you had to use your resources to solve a problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  University, NC
    Anonymous Employee in University, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

This was an on campus interview. There were two rounds on campus followed by on on-site interview. The second round had a case interview while the first was soley behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The case had a lot of questions about corporate structure.   Answer Question

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!