Huron Consulting Group

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in July 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took around a month. The first two rounds were phone interviews with HR specialists. The third was an in-person interview with the hiring manager at Huron headquarters in Chicago. Very fair process. Nothing too surprising as far as questions were concerned. If you have interviewed anywhere before, you will know what to expect. Friendly interviewers who are basically trying to gauge your interest in the company and the role.

Interview Questions
  • Basic background questions about my resume and experience. A few questions about how I would handle day-to-day tasks and problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Initial Interview was pleasant and lasted about thirty minutes. Almost scheduled a second interview and trip to CHicago, IL. I accepted a second interview which was held a week later. Lasted about 45mins. It's been about a month with final interview in Chicago, in a few days

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral questions. Wanted step by step detail on solving a problem and the outcome.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Was contacted within a couple of days of referral. They are very quick. Phone interview was a couple standard behavioral questions. "Discuss a time you had to solve a very complicated problem and the steps you took to work through it" was one. They also asked the standard, "Why Consulting? Why healthcare? Why Huron?"

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to go above and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative. Was called immediately after to schedule an on-site interview with the team in Chicago. Everyone was extremely professional and nice and made you feel comfortable. I would make sure to prepare for behavioral and case study interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

On campus interview, very standard behavioral questions. Describe yourself, name a time someone in a group was frustrating and how you dealt with it. Interviewer was very pleasant and helpful

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises. I was a little nervous, so that was the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2012.

The first round was a basic behavioral interview, with all your typical questions from "Why Huron?" to "How do you overcome adversity?" Be sure to tie your responses with the position you're applying for, and let them know you want to be with them for the long run. I made the mistake of saying that I was potentially thinking of getting an MBA at some point, which isn't something 'bad', but could definitely be left out.

The second round was a basic case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to solve a problem by going above and beyond   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2011.

I completed 3 rounds of phone interviews (initial screening, HR rep interview, hiring manager interview) before being invited in to the Chicago office for a 4th interview. The day began with breakfast with current team members and 3 other candidates. The other cadidates were interviewing at the Analyst level. I was being considered for an Associate/Team Lead position.
         After breakfast, we went on to the office to meet for a 1:1 rotational interview (each of us meeting 1:1 with 4 different managers/associates). Two of the interviews were general question interviews, one was a case study (which included a math problem), and a situational interview. The last round took about 5 hours.
         HR was prompt in getting back to me (when they said that they would). No offer was made.
         My only issue with the experience is that there was no feedback given as to why they decided to pass (I asked if there was any feedback that they wanted to share or offer). That seemed odd - especially after 4 rounds of interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in March 2012.

I went in through a referral and had two phone calls to go into detail about my career and prior experiences. I then interviewed with an HR recruiter over the phone.

Interview Questions

My interview with the HR recruiter was a disaster. The recruiter focused on force fitting my skills for a particular position without really exploring the breadth of skills I had to offer. They also wanted me to accept a position that was way below what I am qualified for and at a pay level less that what the market is paying for my skills. This confusion came about due to an internal miscommunication about my candidacy, as well as a lack of interest in the skills that I had to offer. I had to specifically ask for the JD at the end of the interview.

I declined the offer and told them that it was in our mutual best interests that I not come to work for them in this particular role.

Overall, this process was a complete waste of my time and the worst experience I have encountered in my interview process.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2011.

Had a first round 30-minute behavioral interview on day 1, then was called back for day 2 for back to back 45 minute behavioral and case interviews. Process was fairly straightforward, but it was frustrating that the entire interview the interviewer was typing notes on what I said, making it so that you almost had to be overly concise so that they could paraphrase your statements on to their computer form.