Huron Consulting Group Healthcare Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

3.1

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

From University: Round 1 Interview: Behavioral Round 2 Interview: Case Study Round 3 Interview: On-Site Interview It is in your best interest to attend your university's job fair. Also, keep an eye out for employer information sessions. Huron had one at my university, and it should not only give you a better idea of the company, but also give you a better idea of what they're looking for in a candidate. Take names. Ask questions. Learn lots. If you've never done a behavioral or case interview, practice beforehand. There should be a resource on campus, online, etc.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 Interview: Behavioral Round 2 Interview: Case Study Round 3 Interview: On-Site Interview   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

A one-on-one interview with an individual in the health IT division of the firm (not the one I was applying for, clinical operations) and it went fairly well. Their style of interviewing is to fire several dense (meaning each has several important things to hit on) questions at once and have you respond to all of them afterwards. So if you're not taking notes, you will not hit everything they ask for and they won't be happy about it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take on a leadership role when you weren't prepared for it.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was fairly relaxed; it included two 45 minute sections. The first was a behavioral interview, with questions like: Name a time you've had to persist through a difficult task, Describe a time you've embodied leadership, etc. The second one included a pretty simple math question, followed by a situational question in which you describe how you would react in a certain scenario.

Interview Questions

• The second half of the interview process included a question regarding how you would improve processes in a hospital kitchen, which is somewhat tough but manageable.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Campus recruitment process had initial 30-minute behavioral interview. Emails sent out that night, the next day held two back to back interviews. First was 30-minute case and the second was another 30-minute behavioral. Emails about final round sent out three days later, which were held at Chicago headquarters. This included an Analyst panel, 30-minute discussion based interview about project overview and a last 30-minute behavioral. Got the call the next day with a verbal offer from the Associate who conducted the project overview interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to deal with a team that was experiencing conflict that was trying to achieve a goal. How did you deal with that and was your specific role in the outcome.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through my school's career services center and interviewed on campus, the process took about two weeks. The first round interview was a basic behavioral interview, nothing too difficult just questions like why Huron/Healthcare. I was informed that night that I would have a second round interview the following day, which consisted of another 45 min of behavioral and a 45 min case study/math problem. The case study was not as difficult as I thought it would be, it was pretty casual just make sure to ask a lot of questions and demonstrate your thought process. The behavioral was very tricky, however, and I believe this is the reason I didn't receive a 3rd round interview in Chicago. Make sure to tailor your answers towards the consulting industry and why you would be a good fit

Interview Questions

• Business Case: A hospital cafeteria is over budget, run through why this may be and how you would fix it. Behavioral: Tell me about your worst team experience and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Case interview and smaller interviews with upper level administrators. Had to demonstrate an ability to critically think through a case. Interviewer gives some clues along the way. Personal interviews were much more relaxed and open. I found it depends on who you get though, as some interviewers everyone they interviewed for an offer, so they may have been more lenient.

Interview Questions

• How do your values align with Hurons? Demonstrate a way   Answer Question

Application

Interview

1 case 2 behavioral...no surprises, interviewers are laid back and make you feel comfortable. 3 rounds and once you get to the final round an offer is pretty much guarunteed.

Interview Questions

• Wait times in hospital customer service phone response-figure out the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. I had two back-to-back interviews with an associate and manager. I believe this counted as my first and second round interviews. The first interview was a straight-forward behavioral interview. "Why Huron?" "Tell me about a time when..." type questions. The second interview was math-based and involved calculating hospital savings. YOU CAN USE A CALCULATOR which was a relief after prepping for other consulting interviews. I was invited back for final rounds about a week or so later. It was a relatively longer waiting process than other companies. Final rounds consisted of a lunch, two interviews, analyst panel, and talk with the CEO & CFO. Overall excellent process and a good variety of interaction. Don't let the conversational/informality of the day fool you, it is all still an interview! Be sure to prep lots of good questions for the panel and do your research. I heard back and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Referred to Huron values for final rounds. I.e. Tell me about a time you were passionate/pursued excellence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, don't find out placement until december/later

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

First round consisted of two interviews, one behavioral and one case. The behavioral interview had the typical behavioral questions. The case interview consisted of a business problem that was related to the job function I was interviewing for. It was more of a conversation because there was a lot of questions asked. After the case interview there was one quantitative question.

Interview Questions

• The quantitative question is pretty straight forward just a little surprising after the qualitative case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was on the waitlist. I went to my school's career center for the 1st round interview. It consisted of two 45 minutes back to back interviews. First one was with a lady who was in her late 40's. It was a behavioral interview. Very big on STAR!! I really felt comfortable during the interview. I felt like i was just having a conversation. Huron interview people are very nice and friendly. I felt comfortable. The next interview was the case and a accounts receivable question. I think I was very lucky. Two weeks later I got a call and an email telling me that I was selected for the final round interview in Chicago. They flew me there and I got to stay at a nice hotel. It was really cool. There were about 20 of us and we had breakfast with the professionals the next day. For each table, there were about 3 professionals and 4-5 candidates. After that we took a cab to the headquarters office in downtown Chicago. We met the CEO and CFO. They gave us a warm welcome and talked to us for 10 mins. They divided us into 2 groups. We went upstairs and had two 1 on 1 interviews with the manager level employees. They were really nice. Really nice. I felt comfortable. Really. After that the first group went down stairs to meet other analysts. We just talked in a group setting in a room. It was a bit casual. Overall, I learned so much during the process. I could see how everyone really enjoyed their work and liked working at Huron.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you performed above and beyond at a professional setting. Why? Tell me about a time when you had to solve a conflict within your group Tell me about a time when you had a different opinion with your colleague, what did you do? Walk me through your resume   Answer Question