Huron Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting consisted of one on-campus first-round behavioral interview, two second-round interviews on campus the following day (one behavioral, one case study), and two on-site informal interviews a few weeks later.

Round one was basic interview questions (why consulting, why this company, etc.). Nothing surprising here. Round two is the difficult one, consisting of an operational case study, a brief mathematical quiz, and a behavioral interview in which you discuss how your background and experiences align with the company's values.

Round three is highly informal, and I believe most (if not all) final round interviewees received offers.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Excel formula?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview-30 minute behavioral interview(it is not hard, but you have to know your resume and obviously reacting positively in situations
Second round-flew to headquarters in Chicago-45 minute behavioral and 45 minute case study

Interview Question – -Name a time that you had to motivate a group and how did you go about doing that
-know how to really be specific about a case study, you must be very very detailed in every step you answer, like the who why how, the how is very very important.
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty simple and straight forward first round phone interview centered on get to know you and behavioral questions. Huron likes to present you with what they refer to as a "core competency", define the competency, and then ask you to detail a time in which you displayed the competency. Therefore, doing research on the firm's mission and values is a must before interviewing.

Second round interview takes place in a Huron office and consists of two parts (each ~45 minutes): 1) more lengthy and detailed behavioral questions and 2) a case study.

Interview Question – A hospital cafeteria has gone over their $1 million budget. How would you go about fixing the problem.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus career fair was my first interaction. There was then a info session then two rounds on campus back to back days then the third round a week later in the office you plan to be based out of.

Interview Question – Tell me what leadership means to you, give an example of when you showed your leadership.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through internal referral. 2 weeks later received word to schedule an initial phone interview. Just like every review says. Only two questions, want you to answer using STAR method. Not personal at all. My interviewer seemed very rushed and ended the interview abruptly after I answered her questions, claiming that they she back to back interviews. No time for questions.

Interview Question – This is how Huron defines perseverance/dedication...blah blah blah... give an example when you show you showed this trait   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited on campus. The interview process was very quick. I had an interview on Monday, got called back that afternoon for an interview the next day. I then heard back three days later. A friend who got it found out a week later.

Interview Question – Case was about a phone operations at a hospital. How to improve waiting time.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Entire process took 8 days. Notified of 1st round interview on Friday, interviewed Monday (30 minutes). Greeter was a bit pretentious but interviewer was awesome, typed on the computer the whole time. Notified late Monday night that I had a 2nd round interview on Tuesday. Two 45-minute interviews, second was a case study. First interviewer was great, engaging and intelligent guy. Second interviewer was equally enjoyable, more frank but gave immediate feedback on the case. Contacted for an office visit Wednesday night, flew to Atlanta on Thursday, and interviewed Friday. Two 45-minute interviews with a 30 minute "panel" - really cool Q/A session with analysts. Extended an offer on Saturday.

The people were incredible and the timing was second to none. Huron bent over backwards to work with my schedule. The final round was really about "fit" within the company, which showed since they let me drive the interview.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you felt uncomfortable or when you failed?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Great job, but another job better fit my specifications.

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two Behavioral Questions Based on Desired Core Competencies (Dedication and Problem Solving)

Interview concluded with questions on Huron, Consulting, and Healthcare.

Interview Question – Time that you showed dedicate to an organization under trying circumstances.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three Interviews - final round flew to ATL headquarters. On campus hiring process. Very quick turnaround. First interview was behavioral with only 2 questions. Second round was the next day in two parts, solving a timed math problem and answering a case question, and then another behavioral component. Each lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - they reuse the same questions   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – This is very competitive experience. First they interview all who apply. The 25 minutes first interview was behavioral and it encompasses these questions.
1. Tell me a situation where you went above and beyond to solve a problem and showed commitment to a corporation.
2. Tell me a situation where you used creative solutions to solve a problem..
3. Tell me about a situation where your team member was not contributing and you had to pul some extra weight. (Be careful here as this is a trick question - try to say that you have always had great team mates and play down the situation).
4. They will ask you about your interest.
5. Why Huron
6. Why Healthcare and Reveune cycle. Be specific and put it along side how its suppose to reduce the cost and thus help hospitals save money and then actually save the patient money.

Interview Question – Just know that you will be traveling every week and you are expected to have dinner with your coworkers. They used the STAR method as in S = Situation, T = Task, A = Action, R = Result. They will ask you behavioral question and ask you to answer them so please be aware that you should frame your responses in the STAR method to advance forward. I didn't make it after 1st round since I really didn't research the company or the role as I didn't want it, but wanted the interview experience. This was at Vanderbilt University. This is not a great place for experienced hire, but it seems a good start for Entry Level position. No calculator was needed as this was primarily behavioral.   Answer Question

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!