Huron Consulting Group

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The interview process was fairly relaxed; it included two 45 minute sections. The first was a behavioral interview, with questions like: Name a time you've had to persist through a difficult task, Describe a time you've embodied leadership, etc. The second one included a pretty simple math question, followed by a situational question in which you describe how you would react in a certain scenario.

Interview Questions
  • The second half of the interview process included a question regarding how you would improve processes in a hospital kitchen, which is somewhat tough but manageable.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Campus recruitment process had initial 30-minute behavioral interview. Emails sent out that night, the next day held two back to back interviews. First was 30-minute case and the second was another 30-minute behavioral. Emails about final round sent out three days later, which were held at Chicago headquarters. This included an Analyst panel, 30-minute discussion based interview about project overview and a last 30-minute behavioral. Got the call the next day with a verbal offer from the Associate who conducted the project overview interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a team that was experiencing conflict that was trying to achieve a goal. How did you deal with that and was your specific role in the outcome.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I applied through my school's career services center and interviewed on campus, the process took about two weeks. The first round interview was a basic behavioral interview, nothing too difficult just questions like why Huron/Healthcare. I was informed that night that I would have a second round interview the following day, which consisted of another 45 min of behavioral and a 45 min case study/math problem. The case study was not as difficult as I thought it would be, it was pretty casual just make sure to ask a lot of questions and demonstrate your thought process. The behavioral was very tricky, however, and I believe this is the reason I didn't receive a 3rd round interview in Chicago. Make sure to tailor your answers towards the consulting industry and why you would be a good fit

Interview Questions
    • Business Case: A hospital cafeteria is over budget, run through why this may be and how you would fix it.
      Behavioral: Tell me about your worst team experience and how you overcame it

Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

1 case 2 behavioral...no surprises, interviewers are laid back and make you feel comfortable. 3 rounds and once you get to the final round an offer is pretty much guarunteed.

Interview Questions
    • Wait times in hospital customer service phone response-figure out the problem   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

First round consisted of two interviews, one behavioral and one case. The behavioral interview had the typical behavioral questions. The case interview consisted of a business problem that was related to the job function I was interviewing for. It was more of a conversation because there was a lot of questions asked. After the case interview there was one quantitative question.

Interview Questions
    • The quantitative question is pretty straight forward just a little surprising after the qualitative case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2014.

I interviewed on campus. I had two back-to-back interviews with an associate and manager. I believe this counted as my first and second round interviews. The first interview was a straight-forward behavioral interview. "Why Huron?" "Tell me about a time when..." type questions. The second interview was math-based and involved calculating hospital savings. YOU CAN USE A CALCULATOR which was a relief after prepping for other consulting interviews.

I was invited back for final rounds about a week or so later. It was a relatively longer waiting process than other companies. Final rounds consisted of a lunch, two interviews, analyst panel, and talk with the CEO & CFO. Overall excellent process and a good variety of interaction. Don't let the conversational/informality of the day fool you, it is all still an interview! Be sure to prep lots of good questions for the panel and do your research. I heard back and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Referred to Huron values for final rounds. I.e. Tell me about a time you were passionate/pursued excellence.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate, don't find out placement until december/later

Healthcare Analyst Interview

On campus interview began after the info session when a few of us were invited to dinner with the consultants from the session. Once I was selected to interview a week later, there was an initial interview that lasted 30 minutes which was all behavioral questions (why consulting, tell me about a time... etc., use the STAR format and practice before going in). Then that night I was emailed and informed of my selection for the second interview. I had two hours to RSVP and did so. The second round was the next day and was 1.5 hours with two sections, a case study and a behavioral. The case study was about a hospital cafe that was over budget. It was easier than the case studies you see on youtube, mostly a conversation. Just take your time and write good notes and when they ask you for an answer, ask for a moment to write out your answer before you present it to her. There was also a math portion but it was basic really easy math, its mostly about how you answer and present it to them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to work with a rude team member   Answer Question

I got another offer from a firm with less travel

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting. I found out I received a first round interview on a Saturday, and the interview was on Thursday on campus. There were two 45-minute interviews with employees in the healthcare practice, one behavioral interview (each question was prefaced with one of four values and then I was prompted to describe a time I exemplified that value using a STARS story, followed by general questions like why consulting and why Huron as well as my own questions) and one case interview (most of time was spent on one case with many prompting questions, followed by a math problem that was to be completed using a worksheet showing your work and then explained to the interviewer, followed by some general questions as well as my own questions). My interviewers were very kind, although the case interviewer intentionally lays out that he/she will not tell you if you're right or wrong so he/she may be hard to read.

I learned the following Monday that I had received a final round interview at their headquarters in Chicago. The 4-hour slot included a breakfast at the hotel where interviewees were seated with employees who would interviewing others but not us and we had casual conversation; two 30-minute interviews (one was a project interview with an analyst where he/she talks about the analyst role, the other was a practice interview with a more senior healthcare employee where he/she talks about the company, both ask some behavioral questions and answer any questions but the focus is on selling the company culture); a 1-hour analyst panel where current analysts exclusively answer interviewee questions from half of the group; and some general things like viewing a video, meeting the CFO, HR stuff, etc.

I learned that I received an offer the next morning when I got a call from one of my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: client is dealing with long call center wait times. Discuss what things you're thinking about, how you would address the problem, what information you would want, what you would say to the CEO about your work in an elevator, why you chose your solution over others, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2014.

Huron came to my University. I applied and came in for a first round interview followed by a second round. In the first round, Huron asked about two of the competencies. In the second round, Huron asked about four more competencies and gave a brief health care related case. I did not advance to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect of answering about the competencies is that there is some overlap between the questions.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Campus recruiting consisted of one on-campus first-round behavioral interview, two second-round interviews on campus the following day (one behavioral, one case study), and two on-site informal interviews a few weeks later.

Round one was basic interview questions (why consulting, why this company, etc.). Nothing surprising here. Round two is the difficult one, consisting of an operational case study, a brief mathematical quiz, and a behavioral interview in which you discuss how your background and experiences align with the company's values.

Round three is highly informal, and I believe most (if not all) final round interviewees received offers.

No negotiation.