Huron Consulting Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in resume, got called for interview taking place the next day (12 hours from phone call).

First two interviews were all fit, and couldn't be more basic questions. They tend to compound their questions (i.e. ask 7 at one time in paragraphs), so structure certainly matters.

Also, appearance and superficial characteristics are HUGE here. The interviewer told me I didn't progress to the next round because I was too loud.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you decided to break a commitment or rule for the good of a project or goal?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Healthcare Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview-30 minute behavioral interview(it is not hard, but you have to know your resume and obviously reacting positively in situations
Second round-flew to headquarters in Chicago-45 minute behavioral and 45 minute case study

Interview Question – -Name a time that you had to motivate a group and how did you go about doing that
-know how to really be specific about a case study, you must be very very detailed in every step you answer, like the who why how, the how is very very important.
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process is a 3 part process. During campus recruiting they brought me in for an initial interview, which was very basic why Huron, why consulting?? I got asked back for the second interview where they gave me a problem solving, technical question and also continued deeper into finding out who I am type of questions. I did not make it to the final interview, which would have been at their headquarters in Chicago.

Interview Question – They asked me a technical question regarding what to do if there were limited documents for a company you were consulting, how would you find out how to better develop this company??   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Consulting Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed in November of 2011 and had a really pleasant experience. Everybody I met at the interview was friendly and seemed to be more interested in getting to know me than trip me up. The best thing the company has going for it is its culture and people, and this definitely shows during the interview.

Interview Question – There is a math component to the case question. If you don't know basic algebra you will not be able to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I applied online and was followed with a phone a week or two later. The phone call was to to get a feel of who you are and what your background is. After the phone cal, you'll be scheduled with a group interview. The group interview went fairly well I thought. The recruiter called me three times thinking I got the job. When I got called him back, he told me they decided to go with someone else. I wish they could've sent this in an email instead of calling me three times in one hour

Interview Question – No technical questions   Answer Question

Associate Revenue Cycle Consultant Interview

Associate Revenue Cycle Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1st Round: phone screen with HR representative (30 min)
2nd Round: in person case and in person behavioral (1.5 hrs)
3rd Round: behavioral phone interview (45 min)
4th Round: Site visit dinner (2 hrs)
5th Round: Site visit - informational, meet and greet w/ lunch (5 hrs)

Interview Question – What do you want to work here instead of one of our competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for more, was declined

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews for first round
Limited chat time with current analysts in the waiting area
First was behavioral, standard team questions to gauge how you work in groups
Second was a very structured case interview, didn't require any practice

1 final interview at the Chicago office
Breakfast social before the final interview, behavioral only

Interview Question – Business case to determine how you would analyze a hospitals finances. Interviewer provided framework and directed your train of thought   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, dumb kid straight out of undergrad

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Lake Oswego, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. 2 on the phone then 1 in person. The phone interviews were about technical knowledge and personality traits (i.e. What would you do in this situation?). Then I interviewed at their office in Lake Oswego. There were four interviews that day with 4 different people.

Interview Question – Brain teaser questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

Interviewed at Huron Consulting Group

Interview Details – Very professional and good layout of interview process. Really want to get to know you and what experiences you have to see if it matches with what they're looking for.

Interview Question – Review job description and know what to say about experiences   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Healthcare Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty simple and straight forward first round phone interview centered on get to know you and behavioral questions. Huron likes to present you with what they refer to as a "core competency", define the competency, and then ask you to detail a time in which you displayed the competency. Therefore, doing research on the firm's mission and values is a must before interviewing.

Second round interview takes place in a Huron office and consists of two parts (each ~45 minutes): 1) more lengthy and detailed behavioral questions and 2) a case study.

Interview Question – A hospital cafeteria has gone over their $1 million budget. How would you go about fixing the problem.   Answer Question

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!