Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The interview process took about six weeks. Longer than normal due to Holiday season. Recruiter was very responsive, kept me informed and updated through out the process. I had more interviews than normal as my experience and background could fit for a few of the opened positions. The last interview was a panel of four different people. Be prepared to tie your experience, competencies and knowledge to real life scenarios, this can be done for any position you apply for. All the people I interviewed with were very laid back, easy to dialogue with and very professional. I noticed that everyone of them (I interviewed with about 7 people overall) were on very prompt either via phone or in person.

Interview Questions
    • One of the person I interviewed with shared something she was working on that was very challenging. I think she wanted to get what I would do so I prompted questions to create alternatives. She has more Oracle technical understanding than I do but I brought more client, strategic and operation process. This is what Huron is looking for. A diverse background with maybe one or two special areas. Be able to speak to your desire to continuous learning and personal/professional development. They need people for tomorrow not just for today.   Answer Question
    I negotiated the sign on bonus which was in my favor.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in February 2015.

• applied online. Heard back about 2 months later
    • Had a 45 min phone interview with 3 behavioral questions (pretty much the same as the ones listed on this site). The rest of the questions included why huron, consulting etc.
    • Flown to Chicago for the last round of interviews. Included 45 min behavioral interview with 4 questions (tell me about a time you had to motivate a group? Tell me about a time you had to overcome a series of obstacles?). Another 45 min interview discussing the specifics of Huron...the projects they work on, what specifically I would be interested in doing etc. A 45 min case interview and a math question (very simple math. do not stress out and you should be able to solve it in less than 3 min).
    • heard back a week later

Interview Questions
    • How would you increase revenues for a parking lot that is by a university but independent of it   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst- Healthcare Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Working through the interview process with Huron was a great experience. I started networking with them through career fairs and campus drop-ins in the fall of my Junior year. In the fall of my senior year I reached out to the campus recruiter, and upon confirming attendance to the information session I was invited to dinner with some analysts and other attendees of the information session who were also invited. It was a great time to get to know the recruiter. I got accepted to the first round interview, where I was asked several behavioral questions. I was then called back for the second round interview the next day. During this process all of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and interesting! The case based interview was not nearly as bad as I was anticipating, I just had to walk through questions I would ask given a certain scenario and the interviewer led me through the whole thought process. Make sure to bring paper and a pen! The final round interview flew me to Chicago. I got to meet with other applicants and held many conversations with interviewing analysts. In their headquarters we met the CEO and CFO. They are very inspiring men with a great vision for the company.

If you want to work for this company, just come prepared. Do your due diligence and research the company and position throughly, and have a long list of questions as they pertain to the job, experiences of people who work in the company you will come across, and try and integrate what you have learned in college into your questions!

Interview Questions
    • During the case-based interview there was a minor math portion. It was easy math, and for that reason I read past the last line of the prompt to calculate the amount of money saved. READ CAREFULLY!   Answer Question

Document Review Attorney Interview

Huron is a good company to work for. The interview process is similar to most other agencies in the field. You provide resume, references, and bar certifications. A recruiter calls you in for an interview. You fill out taxation papers in advance, which makes things easier when you actually start a project. The recruiter then interviews you as a candidate. He or she asks your experiences, career goals, area of interests, and relevant questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I went through on-campus recruiting for Huron and received an interview with the Education division. The interview was pretty straightforward; it consisted of one behavioral interview and a case. Each interview was 45 minutes with separate interviewers. Behavioral questions were pretty typical; however, the case isn't similar to cases you would do for other consulting firms (McKinsey, Bain, Deloitte, etc.) It was more interview led. In other words, the interviewer asks you a question and instead of you coming back with follow up questions, you're supposed to derive an answer from the given information. This threw me off at first because it's totally different from anything I read in Case-in-Point or any other study guide. But fi you're prepared for it you'll probably do well because the question itself wasn't too hard.

Interview Questions
    • A private parking company exist nearby/ but separate from a major university in a city. What are some ways that the company can increase revenue within the next year?   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

1st Interview was very relaxed and only behavioral questions. The second had a case study but was more based on problem solving not financial questions. There was a math separate math problem.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult team you had to work with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

The interview process was fairly relaxed; it included two 45 minute sections. The first was a behavioral interview, with questions like: Name a time you've had to persist through a difficult task, Describe a time you've embodied leadership, etc. The second one included a pretty simple math question, followed by a situational question in which you describe how you would react in a certain scenario.

Interview Questions
    • The second half of the interview process included a question regarding how you would improve processes in a hospital kitchen, which is somewhat tough but manageable.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Campus recruitment process had initial 30-minute behavioral interview. Emails sent out that night, the next day held two back to back interviews. First was 30-minute case and the second was another 30-minute behavioral. Emails about final round sent out three days later, which were held at Chicago headquarters. This included an Analyst panel, 30-minute discussion based interview about project overview and a last 30-minute behavioral. Got the call the next day with a verbal offer from the Associate who conducted the project overview interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a team that was experiencing conflict that was trying to achieve a goal. How did you deal with that and was your specific role in the outcome.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I applied through my school's career services center and interviewed on campus, the process took about two weeks. The first round interview was a basic behavioral interview, nothing too difficult just questions like why Huron/Healthcare. I was informed that night that I would have a second round interview the following day, which consisted of another 45 min of behavioral and a 45 min case study/math problem. The case study was not as difficult as I thought it would be, it was pretty casual just make sure to ask a lot of questions and demonstrate your thought process. The behavioral was very tricky, however, and I believe this is the reason I didn't receive a 3rd round interview in Chicago. Make sure to tailor your answers towards the consulting industry and why you would be a good fit

Interview Questions
    • Business Case: A hospital cafeteria is over budget, run through why this may be and how you would fix it.
      Behavioral: Tell me about your worst team experience and how you overcame it

Answer Question

Entry Level Product Specialist Interview

Three levels of interviews: Level one Behavioral Level 2 Behavioral and technical Level 3 Situational. Make sure you know some SQL, and also you can talk about times when you made you job more efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What part of technology are you most passionate about?   View Answer