Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Entry Level Consultant Interview

1st Interview was very relaxed and only behavioral questions. The second had a case study but was more based on problem solving not financial questions. There was a math separate math problem.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult team you had to work with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The interview process was fairly relaxed; it included two 45 minute sections. The first was a behavioral interview, with questions like: Name a time you've had to persist through a difficult task, Describe a time you've embodied leadership, etc. The second one included a pretty simple math question, followed by a situational question in which you describe how you would react in a certain scenario.

Interview Questions
    • The second half of the interview process included a question regarding how you would improve processes in a hospital kitchen, which is somewhat tough but manageable.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Campus recruitment process had initial 30-minute behavioral interview. Emails sent out that night, the next day held two back to back interviews. First was 30-minute case and the second was another 30-minute behavioral. Emails about final round sent out three days later, which were held at Chicago headquarters. This included an Analyst panel, 30-minute discussion based interview about project overview and a last 30-minute behavioral. Got the call the next day with a verbal offer from the Associate who conducted the project overview interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a team that was experiencing conflict that was trying to achieve a goal. How did you deal with that and was your specific role in the outcome.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I applied through my school's career services center and interviewed on campus, the process took about two weeks. The first round interview was a basic behavioral interview, nothing too difficult just questions like why Huron/Healthcare. I was informed that night that I would have a second round interview the following day, which consisted of another 45 min of behavioral and a 45 min case study/math problem. The case study was not as difficult as I thought it would be, it was pretty casual just make sure to ask a lot of questions and demonstrate your thought process. The behavioral was very tricky, however, and I believe this is the reason I didn't receive a 3rd round interview in Chicago. Make sure to tailor your answers towards the consulting industry and why you would be a good fit

Interview Questions
    • Business Case: A hospital cafeteria is over budget, run through why this may be and how you would fix it.
      Behavioral: Tell me about your worst team experience and how you overcame it

Answer Question

Entry Level Product Specialist Interview

Three levels of interviews: Level one Behavioral Level 2 Behavioral and technical Level 3 Situational. Make sure you know some SQL, and also you can talk about times when you made you job more efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What part of technology are you most passionate about?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I was accepted for a behavioral interview for consulting, unfortunately during midterms week on the same day as another interview. The man who interviewed me was very nice and asked a few standard questions, but ended the interview with a few awkward questions about who else I was interviewing, how much I needed to do Consulting, and how much I need to work at Huron compared to other firms. I was told I would receive a call by 7pm the same day as my interview, but never received a call, and assumed accordingly that I was not invited to the Behavioral and case interviews that would take place the following day.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being most, how much do you need to work at Huron compared to other firms.   Answer Question

Entry-level Consulting Analyst for Huron Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I applied through a campus recruitment with an engineering background. The first application is just a resume, coverletter and transcript. The second round consists of a 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minutes case study as well as small talk with current employees. In the third round you fly to their offices in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • Days A/R math question
      Case interview: Improving call center waiting times
      Behavioral: Time you had to motivate a group (use STAR method)

Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

1 case 2 behavioral...no surprises, interviewers are laid back and make you feel comfortable. 3 rounds and once you get to the final round an offer is pretty much guarunteed.

Interview Questions
    • Wait times in hospital customer service phone response-figure out the problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I attended the University's Business Career Fair in the fall seeking a summer internship. The Recruiter mentioned to apply for the position in the winter time and that applications for the summer internship program were due by January. The program has a 3 round interview process. The first round is one 30 minute behavioral style interview. The second round is a 90 minute interview broken down into one 45 minute behavioral interview, and one 45 minute case interview. The final round is an office visit and interview on site.

Interview Questions
    • Traditional behavioral questions analyzing looking for desired competencies. Business Operations Case.   View Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

On campus hiring. Very straightforward. First day was a 30 minute behavioral interview. I got an email the same day inviting me to a second round of on-campus interviews for the very next day. Had one 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minute qualitative business case interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specifically why I chose Huron over other small/mid-sized Consulting firms.   Answer Question