Huron Consulting Group

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Compliance Anaylust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in August 2014.

The in-person interview lasted exactly 30 minutes. We spent 5 minutes on introductions and talking about the position, there was a 5 minute test, and then we spent the final 5 minutes on my questions leaving the interviewers exactly 15 minutes to ask me questions about my fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The test was impossible. "Take this document and make it better." No other instructions, not advice on what direction to take it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Sent in resume, got called for interview taking place the next day (12 hours from phone call).

First two interviews were all fit, and couldn't be more basic questions. They tend to compound their questions (i.e. ask 7 at one time in paragraphs), so structure certainly matters.

Also, appearance and superficial characteristics are HUGE here. The interviewer told me I didn't progress to the next round because I was too loud.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you decided to break a commitment or rule for the good of a project or goal?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in July 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took around a month. The first two rounds were phone interviews with HR specialists. The third was an in-person interview with the hiring manager at Huron headquarters in Chicago. Very fair process. Nothing too surprising as far as questions were concerned. If you have interviewed anywhere before, you will know what to expect. Friendly interviewers who are basically trying to gauge your interest in the company and the role.

Interview Questions
    • Basic background questions about my resume and experience. A few questions about how I would handle day-to-day tasks and problems.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2011.

I interviewed in November of 2011 and had a really pleasant experience. Everybody I met at the interview was friendly and seemed to be more interested in getting to know me than trip me up. The best thing the company has going for it is its culture and people, and this definitely shows during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is a math component to the case question. If you don't know basic algebra you will not be able to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Campus recruiting consisted of one on-campus first-round behavioral interview, two second-round interviews on campus the following day (one behavioral, one case study), and two on-site informal interviews a few weeks later.

Round one was basic interview questions (why consulting, why this company, etc.). Nothing surprising here. Round two is the difficult one, consisting of an operational case study, a brief mathematical quiz, and a behavioral interview in which you discuss how your background and experiences align with the company's values.

Round three is highly informal, and I believe most (if not all) final round interviewees received offers.

No negotiation.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in June 2014.

First round interview-30 minute behavioral interview(it is not hard, but you have to know your resume and obviously reacting positively in situations
    Second round-flew to headquarters in Chicago-45 minute behavioral and 45 minute case study

Interview Questions
    • -Name a time that you had to motivate a group and how did you go about doing that
      -know how to really be specific about a case study, you must be very very detailed in every step you answer, like the who why how, the how is very very important.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in March 2014.

The entire process is a 3 part process. During campus recruiting they brought me in for an initial interview, which was very basic why Huron, why consulting?? I got asked back for the second interview where they gave me a problem solving, technical question and also continued deeper into finding out who I am type of questions. I did not make it to the final interview, which would have been at their headquarters in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a technical question regarding what to do if there were limited documents for a company you were consulting, how would you find out how to better develop this company??   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I applied online and was followed with a phone a week or two later. The phone call was to to get a feel of who you are and what your background is. After the phone cal, you'll be scheduled with a group interview. The group interview went fairly well I thought. The recruiter called me three times thinking I got the job. When I got called him back, he told me they decided to go with someone else. I wish they could've sent this in an email instead of calling me three times in one hour

Associate Revenue Cycle Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2012.

1st Round: phone screen with HR representative (30 min)
    2nd Round: in person case and in person behavioral (1.5 hrs)
    3rd Round: behavioral phone interview (45 min)
    4th Round: Site visit dinner (2 hrs)
    5th Round: Site visit - informational, meet and greet w/ lunch (5 hrs)

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to work here instead of one of our competitors?   Answer Question
    Asked for more, was declined

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2012.

2 on campus interviews for first round
    Limited chat time with current analysts in the waiting area
    First was behavioral, standard team questions to gauge how you work in groups
    Second was a very structured case interview, didn't require any practice

1 final interview at the Chicago office
    Breakfast social before the final interview, behavioral only

Interview Questions
    • Business case to determine how you would analyze a hospitals finances. Interviewer provided framework and directed your train of thought   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, dumb kid straight out of undergrad

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!