Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Corporate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interviews are ridiculously easy. They make it abundantly clear what you'd be doing all day - even if it's not that interesting. Everyone follows up, and I mean EVERYONE. Recruiter, hiring manager, interviewer, future colleague, recruiter's friend - everyone. It's overwhelming even.

Then you get the offer and realize they pay so far below industry standards that you feel compelled to turn down the offer on the spot. You thank them half-heartedly, and then sit for about three hours. In the meantime, no less than eight people have followed up. You realize you don't to work in a culture where eight people in a company have time to follow up on one interview - also you want to be paid what you're worth. And then you turn down your offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from a job board application. They gave me an initial screen and then passed on to an internal recruiter at Huron, who gave me a second phone screen and then set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was all within 5 business days,

The hiring manager then set me up with in person peer interviews and an in person interview with herself. Offer was with 24 hrs of final interview. They were aware that I was in interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific examples of experiences relevant to job requirements; i.e. types of projects worked on, role on projects, other project team members, problems solved and how, greatest strengths, what makes a good fit for the team. Ability to travel.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

A one-on-one interview with an individual in the health IT division of the firm (not the one I was applying for, clinical operations) and it went fairly well. Their style of interviewing is to fire several dense (meaning each has several important things to hit on) questions at once and have you respond to all of them afterwards. So if you're not taking notes, you will not hit everything they ask for and they won't be happy about it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take on a leadership role when you weren't prepared for it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online through their careers page and got a phone interview. I thought the interview went well but I lacked some of the experience they wanted. I did not get a second interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted me a couple weeks after applying. 1st round was with an HR recruiter and asked behavioral questions; 2nd round was with a director and had both behavioral questions and a case on the phone; 3rd round was in office where there were 2 cases with both a senior consultant and director. Overall fairly simple interview process and very straightforward... HR always kept me in the loop

Interview Questions

• Case questions based on pharmaceutical industry, market sizing, etc.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process took about six weeks. Longer than normal due to Holiday season. Recruiter was very responsive, kept me informed and updated through out the process. I had more interviews than normal as my experience and background could fit for a few of the opened positions. The last interview was a panel of four different people. Be prepared to tie your experience, competencies and knowledge to real life scenarios, this can be done for any position you apply for. All the people I interviewed with were very laid back, easy to dialogue with and very professional. I noticed that everyone of them (I interviewed with about 7 people overall) were on very prompt either via phone or in person.

Interview Questions

• One of the person I interviewed with shared something she was working on that was very challenging. I think she wanted to get what I would do so I prompted questions to create alternatives. She has more Oracle technical understanding than I do but I brought more client, strategic and operation process. This is what Huron is looking for. A diverse background with maybe one or two special areas. Be able to speak to your desire to continuous learning and personal/professional development. They need people for tomorrow not just for today.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the sign on bonus which was in my favor.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in February 2015.

Interview

• applied online. Heard back about 2 months later
    • Had a 45 min phone interview with 3 behavioral questions (pretty much the same as the ones listed on this site). The rest of the questions included why huron, consulting etc.
    • Flown to Chicago for the last round of interviews. Included 45 min behavioral interview with 4 questions (tell me about a time you had to motivate a group? Tell me about a time you had to overcome a series of obstacles?). Another 45 min interview discussing the specifics of Huron...the projects they work on, what specifically I would be interested in doing etc. A 45 min case interview and a math question (very simple math. do not stress out and you should be able to solve it in less than 3 min).
    • heard back a week later

Interview Questions

• How would you increase revenues for a parking lot that is by a university but independent of it   Answer Question

RM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked to meet with everyone in my potential department as well as the HR director. Each person spent 30 minutes with me and all expected me to have multiple questions prepared. The entire interview was 2 hours. They were all very conversational and nice but also expected me to be very prepared and polished. Each asked me different questions they had prepared that were meant to weed out the bad candidates. Some were more difficult than others but overall they were fair and it was a very thorough process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked behavioral interview questions- she asked me to explain a situation in a previous position that required me to problem solve.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst- Healthcare Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Working through the interview process with Huron was a great experience. I started networking with them through career fairs and campus drop-ins in the fall of my Junior year. In the fall of my senior year I reached out to the campus recruiter, and upon confirming attendance to the information session I was invited to dinner with some analysts and other attendees of the information session who were also invited. It was a great time to get to know the recruiter. I got accepted to the first round interview, where I was asked several behavioral questions. I was then called back for the second round interview the next day. During this process all of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and interesting! The case based interview was not nearly as bad as I was anticipating, I just had to walk through questions I would ask given a certain scenario and the interviewer led me through the whole thought process. Make sure to bring paper and a pen! The final round interview flew me to Chicago. I got to meet with other applicants and held many conversations with interviewing analysts. In their headquarters we met the CEO and CFO. They are very inspiring men with a great vision for the company.

If you want to work for this company, just come prepared. Do your due diligence and research the company and position throughly, and have a long list of questions as they pertain to the job, experiences of people who work in the company you will come across, and try and integrate what you have learned in college into your questions!

Interview Questions

• During the case-based interview there was a minor math portion. It was easy math, and for that reason I read past the last line of the prompt to calculate the amount of money saved. READ CAREFULLY!   Answer Question

Document Review Attorney Interview

Interview

Huron is a good company to work for. The interview process is similar to most other agencies in the field. You provide resume, references, and bar certifications. A recruiter calls you in for an interview. You fill out taxation papers in advance, which makes things easier when you actually start a project. The recruiter then interviews you as a candidate. He or she asks your experiences, career goals, area of interests, and relevant questions.