Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Entry Level Product Specialist Interview

Interview

Three levels of interviews: Level one Behavioral Level 2 Behavioral and technical Level 3 Situational. Make sure you know some SQL, and also you can talk about times when you made you job more efficient.

Interview Questions

• What part of technology are you most passionate about?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I was accepted for a behavioral interview for consulting, unfortunately during midterms week on the same day as another interview. The man who interviewed me was very nice and asked a few standard questions, but ended the interview with a few awkward questions about who else I was interviewing, how much I needed to do Consulting, and how much I need to work at Huron compared to other firms. I was told I would receive a call by 7pm the same day as my interview, but never received a call, and assumed accordingly that I was not invited to the Behavioral and case interviews that would take place the following day.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being most, how much do you need to work at Huron compared to other firms.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. There were two behavioral interviews. There was no formal case interview with any substantial math- I was allowed to use a calculator. Interviewers were nice, but tired. They didn't make it seem too exciting to work for Huron.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between balance sheet, financial statement.   Answer Question

Entry-level Consulting Analyst for Huron Healthcare Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruitment with an engineering background. The first application is just a resume, coverletter and transcript. The second round consists of a 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minutes case study as well as small talk with current employees. In the third round you fly to their offices in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Days A/R math question
      Case interview: Improving call center waiting times
      Behavioral: Time you had to motivate a group (use STAR method)

Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

1 case 2 behavioral...no surprises, interviewers are laid back and make you feel comfortable. 3 rounds and once you get to the final round an offer is pretty much guarunteed.

Interview Questions

• Wait times in hospital customer service phone response-figure out the problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I attended the University's Business Career Fair in the fall seeking a summer internship. The Recruiter mentioned to apply for the position in the winter time and that applications for the summer internship program were due by January. The program has a 3 round interview process. The first round is one 30 minute behavioral style interview. The second round is a 90 minute interview broken down into one 45 minute behavioral interview, and one 45 minute case interview. The final round is an office visit and interview on site.

Interview Questions

• Traditional behavioral questions analyzing looking for desired competencies. Business Operations Case.   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus hiring. Very straightforward. First day was a 30 minute behavioral interview. I got an email the same day inviting me to a second round of on-campus interviews for the very next day. Had one 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minute qualitative business case interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specifically why I chose Huron over other small/mid-sized Consulting firms.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. I had two back-to-back interviews with an associate and manager. I believe this counted as my first and second round interviews. The first interview was a straight-forward behavioral interview. "Why Huron?" "Tell me about a time when..." type questions. The second interview was math-based and involved calculating hospital savings. YOU CAN USE A CALCULATOR which was a relief after prepping for other consulting interviews.

I was invited back for final rounds about a week or so later. It was a relatively longer waiting process than other companies. Final rounds consisted of a lunch, two interviews, analyst panel, and talk with the CEO & CFO. Overall excellent process and a good variety of interaction. Don't let the conversational/informality of the day fool you, it is all still an interview! Be sure to prep lots of good questions for the panel and do your research. I heard back and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Referred to Huron values for final rounds. I.e. Tell me about a time you were passionate/pursued excellence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, don't find out placement until december/later

Application

Interview

I was recruited by an HR representative during a career fair. They contacted me several times asking me to apply, but I ultimately did not get a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a group that had unrealistic expectations. What did you do?   Answer Question

Legal Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

1st round- 30 minutes, simple behavioral interview with questions about leadership, working on a team, and problem solving skills

2nd round- 90 minutes, 45 minutes in another behavioral interview, very similar questions and 45 minutes in a case-like interview. The case was more of a conversation than an on-the-spot situation so be confident and answer to the best of your ability. The case was followed by an extremely easy word problem that involved basic calculations.

Interview Questions

• Given a problem that a client might have, then I was asked "make a list of information you would need to help start to tackle this issue"   Answer Question