Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Entire process took 8 days. Notified of 1st round interview on Friday, interviewed Monday (30 minutes). Greeter was a bit pretentious but interviewer was awesome, typed on the computer the whole time. Notified late Monday night that I had a 2nd round interview on Tuesday. Two 45-minute interviews, second was a case study. First interviewer was great, engaging and intelligent guy. Second interviewer was equally enjoyable, more frank but gave immediate feedback on the case. Contacted for an office visit Wednesday night, flew to Atlanta on Thursday, and interviewed Friday. Two 45-minute interviews with a 30 minute "panel" - really cool Q/A session with analysts. Extended an offer on Saturday.

The people were incredible and the timing was second to none. Huron bent over backwards to work with my schedule. The final round was really about "fit" within the company, which showed since they let me drive the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you felt uncomfortable or when you failed?   View Answer

Great job, but another job better fit my specifications.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Initial Interview was pleasant and lasted about thirty minutes. Almost scheduled a second interview and trip to CHicago, IL. I accepted a second interview which was held a week later. Lasted about 45mins. It's been about a month with final interview in Chicago, in a few days

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral questions. Wanted step by step detail on solving a problem and the outcome.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter; typical interview nothing out of the ordinary. A week or 2 later another phone interview with Manager. Mostly a skills assessment interview and to see if there is a fit. A weeks or so later a group interview with the team mostly technical questions and seeing how I'd fit into the team. Everyone was always nice throughout the entire process. Whole process took about 4 weeks

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Two Behavioral Questions Based on Desired Core Competencies (Dedication and Problem Solving)

Interview concluded with questions on Huron, Consulting, and Healthcare.

Interview Questions
    • Time that you showed dedicate to an organization under trying circumstances.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Three Interviews - final round flew to ATL headquarters. On campus hiring process. Very quick turnaround. First interview was behavioral with only 2 questions. Second round was the next day in two parts, solving a timed math problem and answering a case question, and then another behavioral component. Each lasted 45 minutes.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Very nice folks that seemed like they would be great to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing comes to mind, standard star interview types of questions. More specific to personality, where have you been, what is your experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Huron was very open about the interview process: there was a first round 30 minute behavioral interview with 2 questions, where the questions were your very standard behavioral questions. My interviewer was extremely friendly and not intimidating at all, employees at Huron really try and make you feel comfortable and not intimidated while interviewing. I heard back that night, and was told when my second round would be. The second round was a 45 minute case (split between interviewer-led qualitative case where they just want to see your thought process and a numerical problem which was not overly challenging) and a 45 minute behavioral with 4 questions, similar to the first round. Heard back that I got the final round two days after the second round.

The final round was at the Chicago office. They take you out to breakfast (or lunch if you do the afternoon interview) where you talk to some current analysts, and then there are two 45 minute discussion based interviews. Super calm interviews, nothing stressful. The people are just so kind and just want to talk to you. Everyone seems happy with their job and are extremely engaging. Generally great company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem, the steps you went about solving it, and what the result was.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Was contacted within a couple of days of referral. They are very quick. Phone interview was a couple standard behavioral questions. "Discuss a time you had to solve a very complicated problem and the steps you took to work through it" was one. They also asked the standard, "Why Consulting? Why healthcare? Why Huron?"

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to go above and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

The Round 1 interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The first two questions were based on 'core competencies' sought by the firm.The following questions were more traditional such as why consulting, why Huron, and are you bothered by the travel schedule. At the end, there was an opportunity to ask a few questions of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • (Roughly, "At Huron we value dedication. This is how we define it. Tell me about a time when your dedication to a project went above and beyond.")   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

On campus recruiting. Applied and got offered an interview about a week later. It may have helped that I spoke to an associate at the job fair, their information session and also emailed the recruiter. The interview was fairly simple, first round is always solely behavioral. I was asked 2 similar questions that revolved around a difficult situation and what I did to reach a solution. The interviewer was very interested in seeing a step-by-step process of solving said issue and what my role was in this process.