Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I applied online and was followed with a phone a week or two later. The phone call was to to get a feel of who you are and what your background is. After the phone cal, you'll be scheduled with a group interview. The group interview went fairly well I thought. The recruiter called me three times thinking I got the job. When I got called him back, he told me they decided to go with someone else. I wish they could've sent this in an email instead of calling me three times in one hour

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in July 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took around a month. The first two rounds were phone interviews with HR specialists. The third was an in-person interview with the hiring manager at Huron headquarters in Chicago. Very fair process. Nothing too surprising as far as questions were concerned. If you have interviewed anywhere before, you will know what to expect. Friendly interviewers who are basically trying to gauge your interest in the company and the role.

Interview Questions
    • Basic background questions about my resume and experience. A few questions about how I would handle day-to-day tasks and problems.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in June 2014.

First round interview-30 minute behavioral interview(it is not hard, but you have to know your resume and obviously reacting positively in situations
    Second round-flew to headquarters in Chicago-45 minute behavioral and 45 minute case study

Interview Questions
    • -Name a time that you had to motivate a group and how did you go about doing that
      -know how to really be specific about a case study, you must be very very detailed in every step you answer, like the who why how, the how is very very important.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I had 3 interviews. 2 on the phone then 1 in person. The phone interviews were about technical knowledge and personality traits (i.e. What would you do in this situation?). Then I interviewed at their office in Lake Oswego. There were four interviews that day with 4 different people.

IT Interview

Very professional and good layout of interview process. Really want to get to know you and what experiences you have to see if it matches with what they're looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Review job description and know what to say about experiences   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst (Legal Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Applied online. Spoke to recruiter. Spoke to Manager. Went in for final round at HQ in Houston, Texas.

Very generic interview questions from the phone interviews onward. It's almost scripted and many people have already stated some of the interview questions (ie. Why Huron? Tell me about a time when you...challenge / overcome obstacle / etc,)

If you make it to the final interview process you'll have a case interview -- DO NOT STRESS about this, it is Very non-traditional. They basically walk you through the entire case and ask simple questions. The math is also easy... No real need for a calculator.

Overall the interview process is Extremely structured and almost robotic (no deviating away from the script)...

They advertise this position as one with 90% travel... which is an outright lie. You are functioning as outsourced labor for this firm for major multinationals and will almost certainly be stuck at one client for a VERY long time. People I spoke with were working over 1.5 - 2 years at one client even when they came onboard believing it'd be a traditional consulting position where you switch clients periodically.
    You effectively work at the clients location and act as a regular employee but Huron cuts your check.

I was given little to no information about the job throughout the entire process, only learning about what it really entailed at the final interview process.... didn't get the job, but I'm 100% glad I didn't.

Interview Questions
    • they tend to repeat the same questions & don't really have room to go switch to something different...so be prepared to have multiple examples or one VERY intricate example/story which you can flesh out.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The interview process with Huron was fairly long. I was reached by one of their recruiters early December 2013 to see if I was interested in the position. Basic stuff here really, are you familiar with SQL, would be willing to relocate, etc. I then got a second call to set up a more in depth phone interview. This included 2 parts, a behavioral interview and a technical interview.

The behavioral interview had questions like, name me a moment where you went above and beyond for your employer, what is a weakness of yours, tell me a bit about yourself.

The technical interview was focused more on my knowledge of IT systems. Can you describe to me what a LAN is, describe to me 1st, 2nd, 3rd normal form, name me some SQL statements.

After that if they are still interested they will set up on on-site interview. This interview consists of 4 parts - A case question, a company overview, lunch "interview", and closing interview.

The case question I got was about an ER room and it's efficiency, how to come up with a solution, what to look for, etc. They also will give you a pretty basic math problem to do.

Company overview was basically just a description of the different units in the company, where your role will be, how they function, etc. Expect a brain teaser and an SQL question here (a basic one, like a join query or something)

Lunch interview is an opportunity for you to meet 2 employees and ask them any questions about the company, it wasn't them asking the questions, it is you, so take this opportunity to learn as much as possible.

Closing interview is where I was asked to kind of go through my resume, tell him why I think I'm a good fit, what makes me interested in the position, how comfortable am I with what I've learned today etc.

Really the on-site interview is them looking for a good cultural fit.

The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

Got a better job offer somewhere else closer to where I Want to be, this one is a close runner up though. Great company overall you will be happy with the offer!

Product Specialist Interview

Two initial phone interviews to review and confirm resume, followed by 2 onsite interviews. First onsite was 3 part: Technical, Case, and Behavioral. Fairly difficult, but nothing out of the ordinary. Second onsite was to meet with various members of the teams you will be working with to see if you're a good "fit".

Interview Questions
    • Detail a time that you had to take on expected roles in you previous position, and quantify in dollars or time, how much this saved the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in March 2014.

The entire process is a 3 part process. During campus recruiting they brought me in for an initial interview, which was very basic why Huron, why consulting?? I got asked back for the second interview where they gave me a problem solving, technical question and also continued deeper into finding out who I am type of questions. I did not make it to the final interview, which would have been at their headquarters in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a technical question regarding what to do if there were limited documents for a company you were consulting, how would you find out how to better develop this company??   Answer Question

Associate Clinical Ops Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Multiple interviews and some math

Interview Questions
    Easy and over the phone, they set the pay with no negotiating.
    No urine test!