Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I was referred to Huron Healthcare by my friend who is currently working there. I am about to go into the final round of interviews at the office in Chicago.

The first round interview was with the Huron recruiter. Phone interview. Two behavioral - describe a time you went above and beyond and describe a time you took initiative in an organization. Also why consulting? why Huron?

Second round interviews were in person. Four behavioral questions - leadership, problem with a team member, a time when something unpexted happened/something went wrong and you had to adjust, a time when you had to complete a task with a sense of urgency. The case study was a call center with too long of wait times. There was also a question on calculating A/r days. Interviewers asked general questions on why Huron, why consulting, why healthcare, at the end.

Third round is the office visit. Will be a breakfast with other candidates and interviewers, two "discussions," and a chance to meet with a panel of analysts. I am going to Chicago this week for the third round.

Interview Questions
    • The Huron behavioral questions are harder than the case study. Make sure to have STAR scenarios ready, preferrably those relating to something you did for an organization.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Phone interview, then office interview with 2 different managers

Interview Questions
    None, was a recent college graduate.

Experienced Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in December 2013.

Great transparency throughout the whole interview process. Long wait. First applied in September, didn't find out about final interview in Chicago until early December. Position I was interviewing for would have been almost 100% virtual (must live in one of their "approved living locations" if interviewing for 50-100% travel which was frustrating). Said I would have been a good fit for traditional consulting role, but I don't live in the right city. Kind of think they could get creative with that aspect of their recruiting as many great candidates don't live in New York, Chicago, etc. Seems like a good fit if you're unattached and can live wherever. Overall, really enjoyed the company and the interviewers (4 different people during final interview, one at a time.) Would reapply if I move.

Interview Questions
    • You must know formulas for accounts receivable/how to calculate. One, sometimes two problems (AR buckets). Two problems if you get first problem wrong. Not difficult if you're prepared for it.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Entire process took 8 days. Notified of 1st round interview on Friday, interviewed Monday (30 minutes). Greeter was a bit pretentious but interviewer was awesome, typed on the computer the whole time. Notified late Monday night that I had a 2nd round interview on Tuesday. Two 45-minute interviews, second was a case study. First interviewer was great, engaging and intelligent guy. Second interviewer was equally enjoyable, more frank but gave immediate feedback on the case. Contacted for an office visit Wednesday night, flew to Atlanta on Thursday, and interviewed Friday. Two 45-minute interviews with a 30 minute "panel" - really cool Q/A session with analysts. Extended an offer on Saturday.

The people were incredible and the timing was second to none. Huron bent over backwards to work with my schedule. The final round was really about "fit" within the company, which showed since they let me drive the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you felt uncomfortable or when you failed?   View Answer

Great job, but another job better fit my specifications.

Analyst Interview

Huron was very open about the interview process: there was a first round 30 minute behavioral interview with 2 questions, where the questions were your very standard behavioral questions. My interviewer was extremely friendly and not intimidating at all, employees at Huron really try and make you feel comfortable and not intimidated while interviewing. I heard back that night, and was told when my second round would be. The second round was a 45 minute case (split between interviewer-led qualitative case where they just want to see your thought process and a numerical problem which was not overly challenging) and a 45 minute behavioral with 4 questions, similar to the first round. Heard back that I got the final round two days after the second round.

The final round was at the Chicago office. They take you out to breakfast (or lunch if you do the afternoon interview) where you talk to some current analysts, and then there are two 45 minute discussion based interviews. Super calm interviews, nothing stressful. The people are just so kind and just want to talk to you. Everyone seems happy with their job and are extremely engaging. Generally great company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem, the steps you went about solving it, and what the result was.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Recruited on campus. The interview process was very quick. I had an interview on Monday, got called back that afternoon for an interview the next day. I then heard back three days later. A friend who got it found out a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Case was about a phone operations at a hospital. How to improve waiting time.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Manager - Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Corporate recruiter reached out for phone screen based on application and resume; then scheduled for phone screen with hiring manager. Invited for in-person interview with 5 different people. Pleasant experience interviewing with each. Mostly experiential/ scenario interview questions, but structured questions. One on one interviewing style. Mostly behavioral. No case study or formal presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical experience and behavioral interview questions and scenarios.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Applied through internal referral. 2 weeks later received word to schedule an initial phone interview. Just like every review says. Only two questions, want you to answer using STAR method. Not personal at all. My interviewer seemed very rushed and ended the interview abruptly after I answered her questions, claiming that they she back to back interviews. No time for questions.

Interview Questions
    • This is how Huron defines perseverance/dedication...blah blah blah... give an example when you show you showed this trait   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2013.

Two Behavioral Questions Based on Desired Core Competencies (Dedication and Problem Solving)

Interview concluded with questions on Huron, Consulting, and Healthcare.

Interview Questions
    • Time that you showed dedicate to an organization under trying circumstances.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Phone interview with recruiter; typical interview nothing out of the ordinary. A week or 2 later another phone interview with Manager. Mostly a skills assessment interview and to see if there is a fit. A weeks or so later a group interview with the team mostly technical questions and seeing how I'd fit into the team. Everyone was always nice throughout the entire process. Whole process took about 4 weeks