Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed a week later. 30-minute behavioral interview where the recruiter typed up my responses and hardly even looked at me. Second round includes a math problem, 45-minute behavioral interview, and 45-minute case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you when above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in August 2013.

Very straightforward process but one that requires patience. The process was very thorough and exhaustive. Be knowledgeable of your resume and experiences and be prepared to talk about how you can be value added to the organization. The people are all very friendly and looking for those that are easy to work with but analytical.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical process. The time from stat to finish can be long so be cognizant of that.   Answer Question
    Fair offer that required no negotiations.

Manager - EDiscovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I have no idea what working for Huron would be like as I was unable to secure an offer. However, if it is anything like the interview process, you might be best to look elsewhere.

Don't quit looking while you are interviewing--in short, your candidacy is likely to suffer death-by-interview. It was a brutal, eight-week-long process--five (5) interviews in all. I say death-by-interview because, with that many interviews, the chances you run into someone who just doesn't like you goes up exponentially. And the law of averages is NOT your friend here--I won over four of the five people I interviewed with, but still got shot down as a result of ONE person who, you guessed it, just didn't like me.

Interview Questions
    • The fifth of the interviews mentioned above was billed as a 'functional knowledge' assessment--supposedly a short, fact-pattern-style test meant to assess mastery of necessary skill sets. Trouble is, the fact pattern I was given dealt with an area of their business I had no direct experience with and was NOT mentioned in the original job listing.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in July 2013.

Interviewed on phone then in person. Was asked a financial question about AR and then asked a situation question and asked to responds following STAR.

Interview Questions
    • The AR question was difficult and i was not interviewing for a finance position.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative. Was called immediately after to schedule an on-site interview with the team in Chicago. Everyone was extremely professional and nice and made you feel comfortable. I would make sure to prepare for behavioral and case study interview questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The process could have been handled more professionally. On the day of onsite interview, one of the interviewer didn't even show up at the office and I was not informed. I suspected not even the person who coordinated it knew about it. Then I was given a number to call the interviewer but the reception was bad and I was interrupted a few times.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions such as "how would you handle changing priorities" or "how would you go about starting the job?" Answering those questions doesn't necessarily mean anything at all. Plus, the questions suggested they're hiring an experienced employee to do entry-level job.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in March 2009.

professional hiring and interview process. It was quick and they respected discretion with the job I had while interviewing with them

Interview Questions
    • It's always hard to answer areas to improve upon but I think that was the hardest I can remember   Answer Question
    it was good - I found them very reasonable

Manager - Global Education Advisory Services (GEAS) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

An utterly complete and unprofessional waste of time. I applied in April for this position and during the next three months had three separate phone screens with different people from the firm. That was clearly a warning sign that they were not in a hurry to fill the position. During two of my three phonecons, the interviewers mentioned that they “threw everything but the kitchen sink” into the job description. As anyone with a background in recruiting or HR will tell you, the worst way to fill a position is to cobble together a string of unrelated responsibilities and then try to find a “purple squirrel” who miraculously possesses every one of those qualities. Statistically speaking, all it takes are a dozen or more unrelated job tasks and you’ve probably eliminated close to 100% of potential applicants since it is impossible to find someone who possesses every possible qualification in advance.

Cut to the chase: My first two phone screens went well, but the third seemed to go downhill rapidly for some strange reason & the rep couldn’t wait to get off the phone. A couple of days later, I got an e-mail saying that while I was clearly qualified in many respects, they were looking for someone with more XYZ experience. I didn’t even bother replying.

Best advice: Avoid any place that follows recruiting “practices” such as these. They’re not a serious reflection of intent to hire, and they’re essentially a waste of candidates’ time and resources. (And if the job description is up for more than a year, well, that probably gives you as good an indication as any as to the level of professionalism to be expected from such an outfit.)

Interview Questions
    • The age-old sign of an unserious interview: What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in May 2009.

The hiring process can be very drawn out, phone interview, face-to-face interviews with several people for second round, more people for third interview; you might be asked to make a presentation, depending on position! One of the biggest problems with the process is the recruiters keep telling you during the process that your my choice, but there is someone else also being considered, but I'm pulling for you. Not appropriate at all.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a time when you worked on a project team and had to deal with a team member who was not doing their share of the project. Talk abt the project, who you handled that situation, and the final outcome.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation; they were pretty set on the salary.

Associate Revenue Cycle Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in August 2010.

There interview process was extremely lengthily. My first interview was a phone interview with their HR recruiter. She asked me standard behavioral interview questions that made me provide real examples from my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about working with a difficult employee and what you did to overcome that situation.   Answer Question