Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Tough Case, be prepared for the math question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The hiring process was rigorous, rather rushed though. Everything happened within a span of two weeks or so. First phone interview, typical behavioral questions, be prepared though, very big on STAR method. Got a call the next day to set up final interview in Chicago. Intense day, started with a Lunch then 4 back to back interviews of 45 minutes each, the main thing is to be personable and ask good questions, that is what they really want, really talk up Huron, do your research. One case study(capacity and how to manage it), AR questions, 4 behavioral questions, 2 informal sessions just to feel you out. Got a call the next day

Interview Questions
    • The business case is about a call center and wait times. What to do in order to reduce the times what info you need to gather,what comparissons would you make, who to present the info to and all that . They just want the thought process, there is no right or wrong answer   Answer Question
    They dont negotiate for analyst positions, I tried...It was an ok offer though

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

applied through university website. Heard that I was selected for an interview within about a week. 1st interview was 30 min in which they asked two behavioral questions and the classic Why Huron? Why consulting? types. Wasnt asked back for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to weigh two business decisions and what process did you go through to choose one?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

First round consisted of behavioral interview questions...but far beyond what I consider "normal" questions. They are much more detailed and specific. My interview experience here was not great. They were interviewing hundreds of people from my school on the same day which made the experience very awkward and very much like you're just a cog in their machine. I got the feeling from the start of the interview that the person interviewing me did not want to be there at all. I couldn't get out the door fast enough.

Analyst Interview

Interviewed during on-campus recruiting. First round was a short 30 minute behavioral interview where they asked about group work and overcoming obstacles. Second round consisted of two, 45 minute interviews-one case interview and another behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Sent in resume, got called for interview taking place the next day (12 hours from phone call).

First two interviews were all fit, and couldn't be more basic questions. They tend to compound their questions (i.e. ask 7 at one time in paragraphs), so structure certainly matters.

Also, appearance and superficial characteristics are HUGE here. The interviewer told me I didn't progress to the next round because I was too loud.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you decided to break a commitment or rule for the good of a project or goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

On campus career fair was my first interaction. There was then a info session then two rounds on campus back to back days then the third round a week later in the office you plan to be based out of.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what leadership means to you, give an example of when you showed your leadership.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

The Round 1 interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The first two questions were based on 'core competencies' sought by the firm.The following questions were more traditional such as why consulting, why Huron, and are you bothered by the travel schedule. At the end, there was an opportunity to ask a few questions of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • (Roughly, "At Huron we value dedication. This is how we define it. Tell me about a time when your dedication to a project went above and beyond.")   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed a week later. 30-minute behavioral interview where the recruiter typed up my responses and hardly even looked at me. Second round includes a math problem, 45-minute behavioral interview, and 45-minute case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you when above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Initial Interview was pleasant and lasted about thirty minutes. Almost scheduled a second interview and trip to CHicago, IL. I accepted a second interview which was held a week later. Lasted about 45mins. It's been about a month with final interview in Chicago, in a few days

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral questions. Wanted step by step detail on solving a problem and the outcome.   Answer Question