Huron Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
147 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager - Global Education Advisory Services (GEAS) Interview

Manager - Global Education Advisory Services (GEAS)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – An utterly complete and unprofessional waste of time. I applied in April for this position and during the next three months had three separate phone screens with different people from the firm. That was clearly a warning sign that they were not in a hurry to fill the position. During two of my three phonecons, the interviewers mentioned that they “threw everything but the kitchen sink” into the job description. As anyone with a background in recruiting or HR will tell you, the worst way to fill a position is to cobble together a string of unrelated responsibilities and then try to find a “purple squirrel” who miraculously possesses every one of those qualities. Statistically speaking, all it takes are a dozen or more unrelated job tasks and you’ve probably eliminated close to 100% of potential applicants since it is impossible to find someone who possesses every possible qualification in advance.

Cut to the chase: My first two phone screens went well, but the third seemed to go downhill rapidly for some strange reason & the rep couldn’t wait to get off the phone. A couple of days later, I got an e-mail saying that while I was clearly qualified in many respects, they were looking for someone with more XYZ experience. I didn’t even bother replying.

Best advice: Avoid any place that follows recruiting “practices” such as these. They’re not a serious reflection of intent to hire, and they’re essentially a waste of candidates’ time and resources. (And if the job description is up for more than a year, well, that probably gives you as good an indication as any as to the level of professionalism to be expected from such an outfit.)

Interview Question – The age-old sign of an unserious interview: What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Associate Revenue Cycle Consultant Interview

Associate Revenue Cycle Consultant
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – There interview process was extremely lengthily. My first interview was a phone interview with their HR recruiter. She asked me standard behavioral interview questions that made me provide real examples from my past experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about working with a difficult employee and what you did to overcome that situation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I was invited to the main interviews in Chicago. Intense interview day, almost too intense where I didnt even know what more to ask or say at the end of all the interviews. Definitely come prepared and in the best spirits because you are expected to be at the top of your game the entire interview process.

Data Specialist Interview

Data Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, just work through the email

Interview Question – just normal questions   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – The initial contact was very punctual and the interview was straight forward. I felt like I was articulate and answered the questions well, yet was not offered a follow-up interview. I was asked about a difficult situation and how I handled it, as well as a time when I took initiative. Next, there were the basic questions of why Huron and why consulting.

Interview Question – Honestly, the most difficult question for me was why Huron or why consulting, since I hadn't initially had a lot of interest in the field.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first round was a basic behavioral interview, with all your typical questions from "Why Huron?" to "How do you overcome adversity?" Be sure to tie your responses with the position you're applying for, and let them know you want to be with them for the long run. I made the mistake of saying that I was potentially thinking of getting an MBA at some point, which isn't something 'bad', but could definitely be left out.

The second round was a basic case interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to solve a problem by going above and beyond   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Started with initial 30 minute interview of usual behavioral questions. Called back for second interview the next day. Second interview was more behavioral questions and case study along with simple math problem. Invited to Chicago for final round of interviews. Panel of 3 current analysts and two 45 minute interviews. I honestly thought I did very well throughout the whole process and seemed like they were very interested in me. Some of the best interviews I have ever had. When I got the rejection email, I set up a time to speak with one of the recruiters. It was a recruiter I never interacted with during the whole process which made it less credible I thought. The reasons the recruiter gave me for why I did not get an offer did not reflect upon my interviews at all and seemed totally unfair. This is exactly the type of field I want a career in and showed the passion, knowledge, and interest all through the interview process, but there must be some alternative motives in there hiring practices such as location of candidates and educational institution attended.

Interview Question – The case study involved improving call center wait times at a local hospital. Typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Notre Dame, IN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview Details – On campus interview, very standard behavioral questions. Describe yourself, name a time someone in a group was frustrating and how you dealt with it. Interviewer was very pleasant and helpful

Interview Question – No real surprises. I was a little nervous, so that was the most difficult part.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews. First was a 30 min behavioral interview on the phone. Next interview was in their NY office and consisted of a 45 min case (dealt with managing the budget of a cafeteria in a hospital) and another 45 min behavioral. The following week they flew me into Chicago with about 15 other candidates. First there was a breakfast with various employees at the firm. After that there was a pannel with 3 analysts where they wanted you to ask questions about the company and the life of an analyst. Finally, there were 2 more 45 min interviews with managers where they just wanted to see what kind of person you were and if you would fit into Huron.

Everyone was extremely nice and helpful in the interview process. Huron is very quick with making decisions about if you move on to the next round/get the job (all 3 times they called me the day of my interview and told me I would move on). They care most about if you fit into their lifestyle and want to see if you are passionate about healthcare and Huron itself. If you do your research about the company and the group you are interviewing for, you should be fine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult time you had while working with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Every analyst gets the same salary

Intern Interview

Intern
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – Huron was very prompt and clear throughout the process. It seemed that they interviewed many, many candidates for only a few open positions, so chances were slim. First round behavioral interview (30 min) on campus. Interviewer asked each question twice (tell me a time when.... now tell me another time). I received a call less than an hour after the interview ended letting me know I wouldn't move on to the next round, which would have been the same day and would have consisted of a 45-min behavioral interview and 45-min case interview. The interviewer and recruiter were very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions