Huron Consulting Group

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

The hiring and interview process is a three round process. I was a college recruit, and the first rounds take place on day 1 (only behavioral). You really have to stand out here because they are interviewing a lot of people. You will be called back for second rounds the following day. The second round has 1 case and 1 behavioral. Then you will be notified if you will be going to their home office (Atlanta) for their final rounds. If you get this then you practically have the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you had to use your resources to solve a problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

This is very competitive experience. First they interview all who apply. The 25 minutes first interview was behavioral and it encompasses these questions.
    1. Tell me a situation where you went above and beyond to solve a problem and showed commitment to a corporation.
    2. Tell me a situation where you used creative solutions to solve a problem..
    3. Tell me about a situation where your team member was not contributing and you had to pul some extra weight. (Be careful here as this is a trick question - try to say that you have always had great team mates and play down the situation).
    4. They will ask you about your interest.
    5. Why Huron
    6. Why Healthcare and Reveune cycle. Be specific and put it along side how its suppose to reduce the cost and thus help hospitals save money and then actually save the patient money.

Interview Questions
    • Just know that you will be traveling every week and you are expected to have dinner with your coworkers. They used the STAR method as in S = Situation, T = Task, A = Action, R = Result. They will ask you behavioral question and ask you to answer them so please be aware that you should frame your responses in the STAR method to advance forward. I didn't make it after 1st round since I really didn't research the company or the role as I didn't want it, but wanted the interview experience. This was at Vanderbilt University. This is not a great place for experienced hire, but it seems a good start for Entry Level position. No calculator was needed as this was primarily behavioral.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

On campus recruiting. Applied and got offered an interview about a week later. It may have helped that I spoke to an associate at the job fair, their information session and also emailed the recruiter. The interview was fairly simple, first round is always solely behavioral. I was asked 2 similar questions that revolved around a difficult situation and what I did to reach a solution. The interviewer was very interested in seeing a step-by-step process of solving said issue and what my role was in this process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

This was an on campus interview. There were two rounds on campus followed by on on-site interview. The second round had a case interview while the first was soley behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The case had a lot of questions about corporate structure.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Was contacted within a couple of days of referral. They are very quick. Phone interview was a couple standard behavioral questions. "Discuss a time you had to solve a very complicated problem and the steps you took to work through it" was one. They also asked the standard, "Why Consulting? Why healthcare? Why Huron?"

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to go above and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Manager - EDiscovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

I have no idea what working for Huron would be like as I was unable to secure an offer. However, if it is anything like the interview process, you might be best to look elsewhere.

Don't quit looking while you are interviewing--in short, your candidacy is likely to suffer death-by-interview. It was a brutal, eight-week-long process--five (5) interviews in all. I say death-by-interview because, with that many interviews, the chances you run into someone who just doesn't like you goes up exponentially. And the law of averages is NOT your friend here--I won over four of the five people I interviewed with, but still got shot down as a result of ONE person who, you guessed it, just didn't like me.

Interview Questions
    • The fifth of the interviews mentioned above was billed as a 'functional knowledge' assessment--supposedly a short, fact-pattern-style test meant to assess mastery of necessary skill sets. Trouble is, the fact pattern I was given dealt with an area of their business I had no direct experience with and was NOT mentioned in the original job listing.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group in August 2013.

Very straightforward process but one that requires patience. The process was very thorough and exhaustive. Be knowledgeable of your resume and experiences and be prepared to talk about how you can be value added to the organization. The people are all very friendly and looking for those that are easy to work with but analytical.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical process. The time from stat to finish can be long so be cognizant of that.   Answer Question
    Fair offer that required no negotiations.

Associate Consultant Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative. Was called immediately after to schedule an on-site interview with the team in Chicago. Everyone was extremely professional and nice and made you feel comfortable. I would make sure to prepare for behavioral and case study interview questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in July 2013.

Interviewed on phone then in person. Was asked a financial question about AR and then asked a situation question and asked to responds following STAR.

Interview Questions
    • The AR question was difficult and i was not interviewing for a finance position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

The process could have been handled more professionally. On the day of onsite interview, one of the interviewer didn't even show up at the office and I was not informed. I suspected not even the person who coordinated it knew about it. Then I was given a number to call the interviewer but the reception was bad and I was interrupted a few times.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions such as "how would you handle changing priorities" or "how would you go about starting the job?" Answering those questions doesn't necessarily mean anything at all. Plus, the questions suggested they're hiring an experienced employee to do entry-level job.   Answer Question