Huron Valley Ambulance

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Paramedic

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Valley Ambulance.

Interview Details – First interview with company recruiter, second interview a week later with panel and agility, fitness testing. Carry 250 lb dummy up and down two flights of stairs on backboard to stretcher, lower and lift stretcher with dummy on it. 8 min of CPR, tilt the dummy to a standing position while on the backboard from laying on the ground to a standing position and back down.

Interview Question – What's your favorite restaurant? Why should we hire you? Why shouldn't we hire you? If you could choose anyone living or dead to have lunch with who would it be? Greatest strength? Greatest weakness? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Paramedic

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Valley Ambulance in September 2010.

Interview Details – lots of testing, county protocols, map, driving, equipment, cpr, back boarding. A physical agility. The interview was a panel of supervisors, VP's, and Field training officers. Lasts about 30-45 min. Be prepared to answer real life senerios.

Interview Question – If you were a dog, what would you be and why???   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You could negotiate depending on years of previous service or experience in related field

Plymouth, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huron Valley Ambulance in August 2009.

Interview Details – know about the company, the business. There is testing involved similar to the state testing, county tests, protocol tests, maping and routing tests. be confident not cocky!!! they have an excellent training program to learn the company and how things are done the right way, you will not be thrown to the wolves like most other companies.

Interview Question – what kind of dog would you be if you could and why??   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negation, although if you have experience, they can pro rate your salary to where they feel is acceptable, the company has a jr. sr. pay grade and also years of service.

EMT-B Full Time Interview

EMT-B Full Time
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huron Valley Ambulance in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview, followed by interview by the board.

Interview Question – If you were a dog what kind of dog would you be and why?   Answer Question

Paramedic

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Huron Valley Ambulance in January 2010.

Interview Details – First interview is a 1 on 1 with a recruiter. He basically just wants to find out if you're personable and professional. If you make it past that, you get invited back for a 2nd interview on another day which consists of a written exam, a physical exam (8 minutes of CPR on a dummy, lifting a stretcher up and down the stairs, etc), and a panel interview with the CEO and other higher ups. The panel interview just asks basic questions like "Describe what you think is good patient care." etc.

They ask, "If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Paramedic

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Huron Valley Ambulance in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a very plasant experience. Everyone was profressional, kind and helpful. The process started with a 1 on 1 interview. After "passing" that, I went to the second round which consisted of a skills test, a written test and a panel interview. The skills test consisted of CPR for 8 minutes, moving a cot and moving a dummy on a back board up and down stairs.

Interview Question – What kind of dog are you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was a part time position. I have a full time job and I was asked to take two weeks off for orientation. I could not justify that for a part time job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Huron Valley Ambulance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huron Valley Ambulance interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Huron Valley Ambulance employees and interview candidates.