Husky Energy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.6

Systems Analyst Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

Standard 30 min phone interview, all behavioral questions. Asked for your ability to manage multiple deadlines, as well as how you perform inside a group. About 5-7 questions were asked. The interviewer is friendly and patient.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most efficient group you have worked with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations   Answer Question
    • What do you know about husky energy and why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

The process was STAR based (behavioral interviewing) with a few technical questions.1 interview cycle occurred with a director, manager and HR present.

One of the hiring managers questioned me on whether I actually had the experience I stated on my resume including stating "I don't believe you" to me in the interview.

As a professional, I found this rather insulting.

Interview Questions
    • 1. State a time when you had to pay attention to quality.
      2. Tell us about a time when you didn't see eye to eye with a colleague or supervisor.
      3. One of your staff isn't performing well, tell us how you'd address it

Answer Question

Asset Integrity Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Husky Energy in October 2014.

Applied to several posting through website got an interview about 3 weeks or 4 weeks later process took about 3 weeks got an email setting up a telephone interview, for that same week one interviewer basic behavioral questions, tell me about yourself etc didn't no technical questions whatsoever

Interview Questions
    • Software skills MS office mostly   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire u/ why did you apply to this company/position   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this company/ a time u went above and beyond/ conflict resolution   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time u displayed forward thinking/ showed initiative   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

I applied online and got short listed for a phone interview. The lady on the other side seem nice, the questions were mostly on soft skills. No technical questions. They were mostly focused on looking for leadership skills. some of the other questions included: where do you see yourself in five years, oil and gas experience seems to be one of the criteria, also for field position having a drivers license is mandatory.

Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

Very structured questions but a very laid back demeanor with the hiring staff. The contract negotiating was not a great experience but in the end it all worked out. The new hire process was not a very positive experience as I did not have a personal contact for benefits and investments etc.

Interview Questions
    • What rules have you bent or broke to get the job done and why?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

interviewed at Husky Energy in July 2014.

I have been applying for Husky Energy 7 times for different positions. Finally got phone call from HR and scheduled actual interview on next day.
    Had interview with HR and 2 hiring managers.
    There were not too many technical questions about my background and about 10 behavioural questions (S.T.A.R. method).
    In general, interview wasn't difficult.
    In 2 weeks, got a call from HR that they proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly easy and focused to pre-determine how you responded with special examples on different situations in the workplace.   View Answer

HSEQ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy in April 2014.

The interview was about an hour, it was a panel interview with the HR representative, the hiring manager and his assistant. It started with the manager introducing himself and the position and their expectations. The HR rep. was not helpful and she was being mean with a very serious facial expression.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were stressed about work and what did you do and the result.
      They use the SAR (Situation, Action and Result) format in their interviews.

View Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Husky Energy.

Great - very relaxed, but professional and thorough.

Very smooth and fair.

IT Resource Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

Hiring process for full time is extremely slow to the point of great candidates loosing interest or turning down the role

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based interviews are very generic and lead to people not sure what level or detail is required. This dies not benefit the company or the applicant   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

First interview was over the phone, behavioural questions that lasted half an hour. Received a call for a second interview to be conducted in person, behavioural questions that lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you found it difficult to work with a team member.   Answer Question