Husky Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

Standard 30 min phone interview, all behavioral questions. Asked for your ability to manage multiple deadlines, as well as how you perform inside a group. About 5-7 questions were asked. The interviewer is friendly and patient.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most efficient group you have worked with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations   Answer Question
    • What do you know about husky energy and why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Traditional interview with the whole behavior analysis and then into the project management methodology. You will need to know how to work a gantt chart and use Microsoft Project. If you are a junior on MS Project just say so or the questions will be harder and the judgment harder. Also know how to do estimating and finacials.

COOP Engineering Student Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

I applied online. One month after deadline, i got call for a phone interview it was really straight forward interview. Mainly behavioural based questions. Try to answer following STAR(Situation Task Action Result) based method. It last for almost 45 min. The next day i got call for setting up second interview in person. Second interview was for and hour or so. Mainly about your self and behavioural questions. Bring minimum 2 sets of resumes with you. It was smooth process. Prepare for the interview and you will be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self...Why would you like to work for this company?..Any previous experience related to the position ? describe that...   Answer Question
    • Any challenging situation you come across, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • any criticism you had and why ? what did you do to improve it ?   Answer Question
    • your 5 strengths which are required for the position ( read the job description thoroughly and answer based on essential requirements )   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses Tell me about your most stressful day at work Tell me about a time when you had trouble with a teammate   Answer Question

Contract Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

They were asking on what my previous Job Description, and then they match with the requirement in this company. I have 80% match and they hire me directly. Some of other candidates decline due to not expected salary range and some others were rejected simply because they were either coming from different field or they were just fresh-graduated

Interview Questions

• Do you familiar with the latest regulation in SCM in Indonesia (PTK 007)?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The process was STAR based (behavioral interviewing) with a few technical questions.1 interview cycle occurred with a director, manager and HR present. One of the hiring managers questioned me on whether I actually had the experience I stated on my resume including stating "I don't believe you" to me in the interview. As a professional, I found this rather insulting.

Interview Questions

• 1. State a time when you had to pay attention to quality. 2. Tell us about a time when you didn't see eye to eye with a colleague or supervisor. 3. One of your staff isn't performing well, tell us how you'd address it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Husky Energy in October 2014.

Interview

Applied to several posting through website got an interview about 3 weeks or 4 weeks later process took about 3 weeks got an email setting up a telephone interview, for that same week one interviewer basic behavioral questions, tell me about yourself etc didn't no technical questions whatsoever

Interview Questions

• Software skills MS office mostly   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire u/ why did you apply to this company/position   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this company/ a time u went above and beyond/ conflict resolution   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time u displayed forward thinking/ showed initiative   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got short listed for a phone interview. The lady on the other side seem nice, the questions were mostly on soft skills. No technical questions. They were mostly focused on looking for leadership skills. some of the other questions included: where do you see yourself in five years, oil and gas experience seems to be one of the criteria, also for field position having a drivers license is mandatory.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

Very structured questions but a very laid back demeanor with the hiring staff. The contract negotiating was not a great experience but in the end it all worked out. The new hire process was not a very positive experience as I did not have a personal contact for benefits and investments etc.

Interview Questions

• What rules have you bent or broke to get the job done and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Husky Energy in July 2014.

Interview

Behavioural in the first round, technical in the second round In the form of "what was a problem you had, what happened/how did you overcome it, what did you learn, etc."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had trouble working in a group. How did you manage it?   Answer Question