Husky Energy

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Interview

Operator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview Details – Very structured questions but a very laid back demeanor with the hiring staff. The contract negotiating was not a great experience but in the end it all worked out. The new hire process was not a very positive experience as I did not have a personal contact for benefits and investments etc.

Interview Question – What rules have you bent or broke to get the job done and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Husky Energy in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, then had a 20 minute telephone interview with an HR staffer (I was out of the country at the time). Basic behavioural questions as well as some questions about what role I wanted.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Deskside Analyst Interview

Deskside Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Husky Energy in July 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview behaviour based questions. nothing out of the ordinary; strength, weakness, how to resolve conflicts do you have any relevant experience ave any relevant experience ave any relevant experience ave any relevant experience

Interview Question – nothing really; the questions are really straight forward. nothing that could catch you off guard   Answer Question

HSEQ Interview

HSEQ
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Husky Energy in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was about an hour, it was a panel interview with the HR representative, the hiring manager and his assistant. It started with the manager introducing himself and the position and their expectations. The HR rep. was not helpful and she was being mean with a very serious facial expression.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were stressed about work and what did you do and the result.
They use the SAR (Situation, Action and Result) format in their interviews.
  View Answer

Lead Interview

Lead
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview Details – Great - very relaxed, but professional and thorough.

Interview Question – All the questions were challenging but fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth and fair.

IT Resource Interview

IT Resource

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview Details – Hiring process for full time is extremely slow to the point of great candidates loosing interest or turning down the role

Interview Question – Scenario based interviews are very generic and lead to people not sure what level or detail is required. This dies not benefit the company or the applicant   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Husky Energy in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews

Interview Question – Job specific   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Husky Energy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was recommended through a friend to HR. Applied online through their website. The questions were general behavior based. One interview, discuss when you worked in a team, time management, when you had conflicting decisions. Went well, over the phone. The one interview took one hour, and they got back to me within two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you got positive or negative feedback and made a change?   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Co-Op Student

Interviewed at Husky Energy

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone, behavioural questions that lasted half an hour. Received a call for a second interview to be conducted in person, behavioural questions that lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Describe a time you found it difficult to work with a team member.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op

Interviewed at Husky Energy

Interview Details – Behavior questions only, generally easy

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you adjusted to multiple deadlines and the outcome of it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, firm offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Husky Energy

Worked for Husky Energy? Contribute to the Community!