Husqvarna

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Manufacturing Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Husqvarna in May 2013.

Interview Details – I first discovered the job opportunity on JobMate. JobMate is a university based job searching program for university students. I found the link and applied for one of the available openings. I was contacted by someone who works at the career center to schedule an interview. After the fairly simple on campus interview, the company contacted me shortly after to schedule a plant tour with the remaining candidates and have a second and final interview. We toured the plant first and then individually were interviewed. About a week later, I received news that I got the internship.

The internship has given me real engineering experience that I needed. Work is different everyday. Some days its designing and implementing something in its entirety for assembly line operations. Typically as an intern, your work involves facilitating and helping engineers with project based work. Depending on how advanced you become, some projects are your responsibility completely.

A typical work day could include designing something and having it fabricated or made. Depending on your training, you could learn how to run and use the WaterJet. Excel work is a big part of the job as well for Work Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, and PFMEA's (Process Failure Mode Effective Analysis).

Communcation sometimes is not very good within the company but overall as an intern, this is not a bad place to pick.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had a difficult problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the intern level their is no negotiating regarding your hourly pay.

Finance Interview

Finance
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Husqvarna.

Interview Details – No interview just keep you as a temp almost for a year.

Negotiation Details – None, here you go take it or leave it.

General Labor Interview

General Labor
Swainsboro, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Husqvarna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out an application and wait for a call.

Interview Question – None , they just ask about transportation, injured etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

GateKeeper/BeltChain Interview

GateKeeper/BeltChain
Orangeburg, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Husqvarna in March 2013.

Interview Details – Before you could move on to the Interview, you first had to pass the drug test, then you had to wait until your name was call to go into the interview room. They ask you a variety of questions from telling them about yourself to giving them examples of teamwork.

Interview Question – I didnt find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at Husqvarna

Interview Details – About 2-3 hrs.. Plant Tour. Interview 1 on 1 with 4 people total

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee with poor performance?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Husqvarna in October 2013.

Interview Details – Rob Shanks and Patricia did such a Great Great job in finding me a good job with a good company

Interview Question – If am Smart enough to understand 2 stoke engines When I was Being Interviewed By the Employer. 2 Stroke engines r the very first thing you r taught back in JR hIGH School when you first take power Mechanics   View Answer

Demand Analyst Interview

Demand Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Husqvarna.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR followed by interviews with 3 or more people in the department. Nothing unexpected, just talking about your experience and how it fits with the job description.

Interview Question – Why is the supply chain so important and what experience do you have in operations?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Husqvarna in January 2012.

Interview Details – Quick interviews. A few brain teasers on piece price or tooling costs. Need to specify extracurricular activites involve working on equipment. Must be hands on and able turn a wrench, test a product, & design many types of mechanical parts.

Interview Question – Expected part cost and tooling cost for part X, Y, & Z. Will be handed a part to quote.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wanted to delay negotiations.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Husqvarna in June 2010.

Interview Details – Discussed brief history of work experience. Then, was given tests to determine knowledge of part costs, engineering calculations, and ability to reason through logical tests. Asked questions about company and discussed salary requirements.

Interview Question – What does this part cost?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated price. Other beneifts were not easily negotiated. Standard practices on vacation, health care, life, and retirement.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Orangeburg, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Husqvarna in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for job on monster.com and was contacted by a recruiter. Started with a phone interview through the recruiter to verify experience and details of resume. Took a few days to get a response from the phone interview then on to the on-site interview with 4-5 managers. Questions were basic skills and experience questions, not situational. Some asked the standard strength/weakness but not too involved.

Interview Question – What are you three greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiations

Worked for Husqvarna? Contribute to the Community!