Huxley Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014

3.4

Recruiter Interview

Vey unprofessional interview overall, worst experience with an interview I have had thus far. They grill you for answers and won't stop until they hear exactly what they want to hear.

Interview Questions
    • If you want to work for us why are you interviewing at other companies?   Answer Question

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huxley Associates in March 2014.

This consisted of a telephone interview, followed by a face to face interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions
    Yes, there was some flexibility

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huxley Associates.

They are tough and through. Mock sales pitch. Can move the process quickly. They are looking for confident and successful sales people. How would you present in front of a client?

Suggestions: Ask questions, dress sharp (UK based company and they are far more fashionable than typical Americans), be confident and take feedback.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for trainee role, flat base.

Senior Sales Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Huxley Associates in February 2009.

Read up on the company before interviewing. Be able to state what motivates you. Be honest. Sell yourself into the job. Have proven results of achievement. Be outgoing and upbeat. Be able to explain your thought process. Ask a lot of questions regarding the job and opportunity. Ask to see the sales floor. Ask to speak to a recent hire that was hired in the last year.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest achievement in life?   View Answer
    It is a Meritocracy everyone comes in at the same level and gets paid the same base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huxley Associates in June 2013.

Addressing some of the reviews below, I joined this company a few months back and I have to say that I am very happy with my decision. The interview process is not easy, but they put a lot of effort into the process to make sure the people hired are a good fit for both the company and the individual.

They will not hire someone who has not had to work hard in their life. They want people who are extremely driven and motivated, and so you end up working with some really smart and hard working people.

As far as what to expect, expect a lot of questions about why you want to be a recruitment consultant, how you deal with failure, etc. They really make sure you understand exactly what you are getting yourself into, and they will answer any question you have regarding the team, role, etc.

I think the below negative reviews are quite the exception as opposed to the rule- I have had several friends interview here and while most were rejected, they did not feel the interview process was extremely negative. Honestly, I had a lot of other interviews and offers, and I know I made the best decision. The reason the interview process is so grueling is because they want to invest a lot of time and energy into the people who they bring on. If you think this is wrong, then this probably isn't the company for you anyways.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most successful moment so far in your life?
      When is a time you expected to succeed, but failed? How did you handle it?
        Answer Question
    Everyone starts pretty much at the same place- there is a real chance to succeed here, with a lot of strong connections in the industry.

Recruiter-Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Huxley Associates in August 2013.

Applied online via LinkedIn, received phone call from internal recruiter 10 minutes later...had good convo except he was trying to give me job advice (seemed angry when I had previously scheduled interviews at other places and couldn't reschedule them to come to Huxley NY right away...)

Set up skype interview. Came on here before that and almost cancelled interview after reading horrible reviews but went thru with it anyways. The internal recruiter sent me a few documents include a list of "typical interview questions" and how to do well in an interview...pretty obvious stuff that anyone who has looked for a job before would know...said to dress professionally as the culture at Huxley is formal.

First skyped with the recruiter...he was nice but kept saying things he had either 1. said previously 2. were very obvious (somewhat patronizing). He gave me the background of the real interviewer/how she acts toward prospects/etc and then went to get her. Five minutes later a woman came back but was NOT the same woman he described. Not sure what happened in those five minutes that made them need a new person but I didn't really care.

Interview was HORRIBLE. Woman was extremely unprofessional (was wearing a tee-shirt and kept playing with her hair) and sounded bored, uninterested, and treated me like I way below her. I have definitely encountered "bored" or rude interviewers before but not at a company like Huxley who prides itself on being "fun" and energetic. She didn't seem to understand anything I was saying. After 30 minutes (I was ready to end the interview/be done with Huxley at that point) she gets up abruptly and says she will be right back. 10 minutes later (I'm still waiting on skype) the first guy comes back and says "there is no one available to do the second interview right now so we will be in touch." I was grateful as I planned on emailing them saying I was done anyways. After we hung-up, I emailed him right away saying I didn't want to go forward. Never got a reply.

The whole thing was weird/unprofessional and I got terrible vibes from it. I'm not sure how they are in Europe but in America, Huxley doesn't seem legit at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked where else I was looking and when I mentioned some industries ( I didn't want to give specific companies) she got mad and asked for specific NAMES of PEOPLE I interviewed with...I refused to disclose that information.   Answer Question

IT, Java, Hedge Funds Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Huxley Associates in June 2012.

Hi, If you had an email from Huxley or are wondering where does all those wonderful Jobs on their website come from then read on. This is a sales company, most of their offers are misleading, not to mention imaginary. They collect offers (That everyone has access to) from companies and start collecting resumes from random people (Maybe they are paid on the number of resumes collected).
    Their recruiters are highly unprofessional. In fact they never call back when they promise to, they have no clue on jobs expectations and more important when they say they have to speak with the manager it means don't call back.
    I had the misfortune to work with them and they almost made me loose a position with the world leader in banking just because one of their recruiters from NY office was promising me a better position with a much higher pay which was also imaginary!
    Anyway, if you are looking for a job stay away from these people because they somehow think that you are looking for jobs for the fun of it.
    Best, and good luck

Interview Questions
    • Can you send me your resume and I will get back to you... Someday   View Answer

because it was imaginary

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huxley Associates in March 2012.

After sending my resume I got an initial brief call confirming the details of my resume. About a week later I got another call asking more questions about my educational background and any work experience. They are a recruiter and were recruiting for an entry level IT position at a financial services company in NY but were accepting resumes from IT and Econ/Finance majors.

Interview Questions
    • What in particular interests you about what you studied.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Huxley Associates in January 2011.

Came in for interview with two managers. Lots of questions around evidence of my successes and failures and why I thought I am a good salesperson. Great because as a fresh grad I can't talk much about work experience.

Then 3 hour final interview with presentation. Tough interview but they want to make sure they hire the right people and I got the chance to ask tons of questions to make sure the job was for me. They were really straight forward in describing the environment and it turned out to be just as described.

Interview Questions
    • What attributes make you a successful sales person   Answer Question
    • What's been your biggest success and failure. Why? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    Straight forward. They have a set trainee salary, benefits and commission scheme that is the same for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Huxley Associates in May 2010.

Initially everything was fine, the HR guy was extremely nice (although he called me literally 2 seconds after i applied). However, coming into the office was a whole different issue. I knew I was in trouble when I walked in the door and saw 4 other applicants waiting to be interviewed. Huxley definitely came across as one of those "revolving door" type companies. Not everyone was terrible, especially the one man that told me not to work there, but he was the exception. I took time out of my day to come meet with them as they watched me give my presentaion (I came with binded copies for each manager) while they looked out the window and chomped on their gum. I seriously thought this was a joke, like they were trying to see how I would respond to rude clients...the reality is simple: this is how this company is...very unprofessional! BTW I was currently employed and seeking employment and have since interviewed and received 3 offers (one of which I accepted) so I was by no means the problem. Good luck to those who choose to interview!

Interview Questions
    • How would you recruit someone to a basketball game in school?   Answer Question

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!