Huxley Associates

3.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huxley Associates.

They are tough and through. Mock sales pitch. Can move the process quickly. They are looking for confident and successful sales people. How would you present in front of a client?

Suggestions: Ask questions, dress sharp (UK based company and they are far more fashionable than typical Americans), be confident and take feedback.

Interview Questions
No negotiation for trainee role, flat base.

Other Interview Reviews for Huxley Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huxley Associates in June 2013.

Addressing some of the reviews below, I joined this company a few months back and I have to say that I am very happy with my decision. The interview process is not easy, but they put a lot of effort into the process to make sure the people hired are a good fit for both the company and the individual.

They will not hire someone who has not had to work hard in their life. They want people who are extremely driven and motivated, and so you end up working with some really smart and hard working people.

As far as what to expect, expect a lot of questions about why you want to be a recruitment consultant, how you deal with failure, etc. They really make sure you understand exactly what you are getting yourself into, and they will answer any question you have regarding the team, role, etc.

I think the below negative reviews are quite the exception as opposed to the rule- I have had several friends interview here and while most were rejected, they did not feel the interview process was extremely negative. Honestly, I had a lot of other interviews and offers, and I know I made the best decision. The reason the interview process is so grueling is because they want to invest a lot of time and energy into the people who they bring on. If you think this is wrong, then this probably isn't the company for you anyways.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most successful moment so far in your life?
      When is a time you expected to succeed, but failed? How did you handle it?

Answer Question
    Everyone starts pretty much at the same place- there is a real chance to succeed here, with a lot of strong connections in the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Huxley Associates in May 2010.

Initially everything was fine, the HR guy was extremely nice (although he called me literally 2 seconds after i applied). However, coming into the office was a whole different issue. I knew I was in trouble when I walked in the door and saw 4 other applicants waiting to be interviewed. Huxley definitely came across as one of those "revolving door" type companies. Not everyone was terrible, especially the one man that told me not to work there, but he was the exception. I took time out of my day to come meet with them as they watched me give my presentaion (I came with binded copies for each manager) while they looked out the window and chomped on their gum. I seriously thought this was a joke, like they were trying to see how I would respond to rude clients...the reality is simple: this is how this company is...very unprofessional! BTW I was currently employed and seeking employment and have since interviewed and received 3 offers (one of which I accepted) so I was by no means the problem. Good luck to those who choose to interview!

Interview Questions
    • How would you recruit someone to a basketball game in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huxley Associates in March 2010.

20 minute phone interview- questions about my resume. then went over questions about whether or not i am comeptitive, my preferred work environment, and resiliency.

Face-to Face interview, which included a role-play of trying to make a sale. Met with two different people

Was invited back to give a presentation

Interview Questions
    • Please name 5 reasons why you want to join Huxley Associates   Answer Question

2 rounds, one presentation

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at Huxley Associates in February 2013.

i just had to go through 4 personal interviews. It was a cakewalk as the management is least interested bout your technical knowledge and its more like a casual chat than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • as i said earlier there were technical questions you just have to talk about your life, experience, experience,etc   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huxley Associates in December 2009.

I applied online for the position. Was later called and asked a few questions by one of their in-house recruiters.

A meeting was set up for me to meet someone at their HK office. I ended up being interviewed by 4 people, one by one. 2 of the interviewers were rather insulting towards me; one could not comprehend why I previously chose to be self employed and belittled the small business I used to run, another suggested I was too much of a princess to work in recruitment.

Another one of the interviewers later disclosed my interview with them to third party, who is a friend of mine!

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied to other recruitment agencies?   View Answer