Hy-Vee Dairy CLerk Interview Questions

1.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prairie Village, Johnson, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hy-Vee in March 2011.

Initial phone interview followed by in person interview. Following this there was a drug test and a tour. Nothing was too difficult, very simple interview, they were happy with me being someone who had interacted in customer service many times before.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like to work for Hy-Vee?   View Answer
I suggested 8$ and hour and they actually upped it to $9.50/hr initially there was a $0.50 raise per 6 months with a good review, store director took that off and added a small bonus every quarter

Other Interview Reviews for Hy-Vee

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee in December 2013.

First impressions from Hy-Vee were pretty poor. It took me a month to finally interview. The HR at this location was extremely disorganized. When I finally showed up for the interview, he and the dairy manager were not even at the store, and I had to wait for 30 minutes to get managers from different departments of the store to interview me. And it was the single most un-professional interview I have ever been a part of, where the two managers had conversations, and answered phone calls while I waited in silence.

Interview Questions
    • There truly weren't that many questions to even sort through, and none of them were even slightly difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shawnee, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hy-Vee in August 2012.

I walked into the store to greet a friend who worked there, and within five minutes he had sat me down with the Manager Perishables for an interview. A few days later I came in for a drug test, and then orientation. Just note that this is not the typical hiring/interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenge you had to overcome in your life?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee in January 2010.

Was a very easy process, they were doing a mass hiring for a new store and pretty much anyone who walked into the interview got a job. They had you fill out work history ect. and they asked a few easy questions about past job experience and a few hypotheticals about customer service.

no negotiations

Worked for Hy-Vee? Contribute to the Community!