Hy-Vee

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee in December 2013.

Interview Details – First impressions from Hy-Vee were pretty poor. It took me a month to finally interview. The HR at this location was extremely disorganized. When I finally showed up for the interview, he and the dairy manager were not even at the store, and I had to wait for 30 minutes to get managers from different departments of the store to interview me. And it was the single most un-professional interview I have ever been a part of, where the two managers had conversations, and answered phone calls while I waited in silence.

Interview Question – There truly weren't that many questions to even sort through, and none of them were even slightly difficult.   Answer Question

Shawnee, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hy-Vee in August 2012.

Interview Details – I walked into the store to greet a friend who worked there, and within five minutes he had sat me down with the Manager Perishables for an interview. A few days later I came in for a drug test, and then orientation. Just note that this is not the typical hiring/interview process.

Interview Question – What was a challenge you had to overcome in your life?   View Answer

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was a very easy process, they were doing a mass hiring for a new store and pretty much anyone who walked into the interview got a job. They had you fill out work history ect. and they asked a few easy questions about past job experience and a few hypotheticals about customer service.

Interview Question – all were easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Worked for Hy-Vee? Contribute to the Community!