Hy-Vee

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.0

Night Stock Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Applied online, interviewed with store manager. Offered position. No run around straight forward.
    Nothing out of a normal interview. When applying online you will be asked questions regarding honesty, team work etc. drug test required.
    You accept the pay and really can't negotiate. Straight forward answers to my questions when asked. All went well and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Hy-Vee. What can you bring to Hy-Vee   Answer Question
    Accept it, no negotiating .

Night Stocker Interview

Was quick and to the point. Manager asked basic questions. Told me starting wage. We went over scheduling options. Then he offered me job. Set up drug test date for next day

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you will be a good fit for hyvee?   Answer Question
    None

C Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Pretty laid back like they already filled the position. They didn't all any serious questions. The job was closed for a week before they called to set up the interviews and then rescheduled because the director had a family situation.

Dietetics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hy-Vee.

I contacted the Dietitian intially via e-mail. She responded to me and needed a few days to talk with her Store Director if a 4-month Intern would be acceptable. I was scheduled for an interview, she was very flexible. She asked very basic interview questions (why do you want this position, tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation with co-worker/classmate, ect.)

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the biggest nutrition fad at the moment? (Unexpected)   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Applied online, phone interview, then interview in person followed by drug test. HR person was kind of disorganized, returned my call two weeks after initial phone interview. He was very friendly though, and the interview was easy to chat with him.

Assistant Manager (Full Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hy-Vee in September 2014.

I applied as an internal candidate through the company intranet (I work on the overnight shift as a stocker). I spoke with my store manager and one of the middle managers as well as my immediate superior before applying, as is store policy. I was called around two weeks later and interviewed that very morning by two middle managers. Overall the interview was quite easy and fairly low pressure. I was asked to describe in detail what I do in my current position, and if I thought I could lead my current department and why. I was also asked the standard strengths and weaknesses questions. I was not offered the position, but I believe that had as much to do with management wanting to keep me on nights with the holidays coming up quickly as it did with my readiness for the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if there was anyone who could replace me in my current position.   View Answer

Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hy-Vee.

HR person was very friendly and outgoing. Standard questions about what I like to do and what my experience was. (I am an experienced mgt. person) Wanted to know my goals or expectations with company. I have been in her spot so knew the proper replies and I also knew what I wanted to go for; a specific management job. So I told her that I would start par-time hourly and prove myself.

This line of business means you really have to like dealing with people.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osceola, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osceola, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hy-Vee.

Online application is the first step once you get a call back you will be asked to come in for an interview. If considered for the job you will be asked to take a drug screen and if passed you will then be put on the scehdule.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of outstanding customer service you've given recently.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hy-Vee in May 2014.

There was one interview. It only took about 10 minutes. The HR manager asked really simple questions that were easy to answer. You don't need to worry. I didn't even apply for this position,but was offered it. I didn't need any experience for this position. Once you pass the drug test, you're done and the rest is easy.

Interview Questions
    • None really. What can you bring to Hy-vee? What is Hy-vee?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hy-Vee.

The store director interviewed me himself. I felt extremely comfortable and welcome as soon as we shook hands. Questions asked were as expected. I heard back within the week that I had received the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when faced with an angry, irrational customer?   Answer Question