Hy-Vee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dairy Clerk Interview

Dairy Clerk
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee in December 2013.

Interview Details – First impressions from Hy-Vee were pretty poor. It took me a month to finally interview. The HR at this location was extremely disorganized. When I finally showed up for the interview, he and the dairy manager were not even at the store, and I had to wait for 30 minutes to get managers from different departments of the store to interview me. And it was the single most un-professional interview I have ever been a part of, where the two managers had conversations, and answered phone calls while I waited in silence.

Interview Question – There truly weren't that many questions to even sort through, and none of them were even slightly difficult.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Columbia, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hy-Vee in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was a mass hiring at a local hotel. There were at least 10 individuals conducting interviews. I feel that it was a little unprofessional. It seemed rushed as the interviewer had to hurry and interview more people.

Interview Question – What do you feel you can offer this company?   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk
Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee in April 2014.

Interview Details – Not done in timely fashion, the interviewer seemed distracted and had piles of materials on desk and on floor. Made limited eye contact. Room was a bit stuff. No formal chair for me to sit in not a totally proper line of sight.

Interview Question – None. Just the level of how far back it was to answer the ?.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The feeling in the office, I had worked at other HyVee's and enjoyed them.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Osceola, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview Details – Online application is the first step once you get a call back you will be asked to come in for an interview. If considered for the job you will be asked to take a drug screen and if passed you will then be put on the scehdule.

Interview Question – Give an example of outstanding customer service you've given recently.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hy-Vee in May 2014.

Interview Details – There was one interview. It only took about 10 minutes. The HR manager asked really simple questions that were easy to answer. You don't need to worry. I didn't even apply for this position,but was offered it. I didn't need any experience for this position. Once you pass the drug test, you're done and the rest is easy.

Interview Question – None really. What can you bring to Hy-vee? What is Hy-vee?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Dubuque, IA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hy-Vee in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy, calm process. Just a casual conversation about myself, and how the job would work for me. Was asked about working with people, asking what i enjoy doing in my free time, making sure i had transportation to the workplace.

Interview Question – nothing difficult about it, just talked about myself   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hy-Vee in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview, it lasted about an hour. We talked about the job, and work environment. Then I got a tour of the pharmacy. There are basically two rooms one is for nursing homes and the other much bigger room is the retail part that I would work in.

Interview Question – How do you manage stress at work?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hy-Vee in January 2014.

Interview Details – There is an application online, followed by a short questionnaire (I'm guessing to help them determine your personality type). If your application seems fitting for a position they need filled they will call, and pestering them until then won't change a thing. You have to be legal and have SSN. The interview itself was a piece of cake, but let's be honest - they are not looking for rocket scientists. You can expect typical questions including: where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your attitude towards punctuality, why should we hire you and so on. What they are looking for are friendly, open people who are approachable and are not afraid to strike up a conversation. Provided you've passed the interview which is usually pretty apparent you will be asked to come back for a drug test - it is a standard practice, after which you will be participating in a 2 hour orientation meeting. A short training will ensue.

Interview Question – To me the most difficult question was about the most difficult aspects of my former jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate, however I did ask what are the opportunity for raises. (they are considered after a year of service) My hourly rate was 9.50 which I considered fair given the scope of my responsibilities.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hy-Vee in August 2012.

Interview Details – 15 minute interview, fairly unformal

Interview Question – ask for multiple strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one, it was you will be getting minimum wage

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview Details – The store director interviewed me himself. I felt extremely comfortable and welcome as soon as we shook hands. Questions asked were as expected. I heard back within the week that I had received the job.

Interview Question – What would you do when faced with an angry, irrational customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Hy-Vee? Contribute to the Community!