Hy-Vee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Italian Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hy-Vee (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

Sit down with the human resources woman, and discuss the details of the job. Also discuss any experience in retail grocery or similar retail fields. She is a very nice and easy woman to talk to. Afterwords you get scheduled for a drug test and sign some consent to being tested for drug form. A very easy pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience working in retail grocery   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't tell you your wages upfront but they do have very competitive wages. I believe most people start at around 9.00/hr.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I applied online for a few positions. A few days later, I received a call asking if I could possibly work in the kitchen instead of the positions I applied for, and was invited for an interview three hours later. We discussed why I think Hy-Vee would be good for me and I received an offer on the spot and took a drug test. Once the results came in, I was invited to orientation in a week.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hy-Vee in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Sunday and got a call on the very next Monday. I came in for an interview on Tuesday and was hired that day. I was basically hired in the blink of an eye. And I am only 16 years old. This is my first job, and I don't think I want to go anywhere else.

Interview Questions

• Clerk- If you are on a task, and someone asks where something is, do you point to the aisle or take them there?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I submitted an application online in which I listed all of my employers in the last 10 years. Afterwards, I completed another online assessment. Within 24 hours, I received a phone call for an interview. The interview itself was quick- around 10 questions or so. I received a call back less than a week later.

Frozen Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hy-Vee (Lincoln, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and received a call a week later which turned into a short phone interview. Set up an interview for a week later. Second interview a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did something commendable.   1 Answer
    • You are driving through a heavy rainstorm and saw an old woman about to die unless she got to the hospital soon, the love of your life, or a friend that saved your life, all sitting at a bus stop. Who would you take?   1 Answer

Night Stock Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with store manager. Offered position. No run around straight forward. Nothing out of a normal interview. When applying online you will be asked questions regarding honesty, team work etc. drug test required. You accept the pay and really can't negotiate. Straight forward answers to my questions when asked. All went well and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hy-Vee. What can you bring to Hy-Vee   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accept it, no negotiating .

Night Stocker Interview

Interview

Was quick and to the point. Manager asked basic questions. Told me starting wage. We went over scheduling options. Then he offered me job. Set up drug test date for next day

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be a good fit for hyvee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

C Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

Pretty laid back like they already filled the position. They didn't all any serious questions. The job was closed for a week before they called to set up the interviews and then rescheduled because the director had a family situation.

Dietetics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I contacted the Dietitian intially via e-mail. She responded to me and needed a few days to talk with her Store Director if a 4-month Intern would be acceptable. I was scheduled for an interview, she was very flexible. She asked very basic interview questions (why do you want this position, tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation with co-worker/classmate, ect.)

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest nutrition fad at the moment? (Unexpected)   Answer Question

Salad Bar Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hy-Vee (Blue Springs, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

it was quick and easy,,, it wasn't stressful I loved it but the actual job part sucked I went from two days to one day a week. I wouldn't recommend it it was horrible