Hyatt Gallery Host Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Lone Tree, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Real nice employees and managers. Comfortable, relaxed interview. We met in the Gallery area and I was interviewed by the Asst Manager and the General Manager. Both were really nice and made me feel comfortable. We also had some good laughs. Fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any objections to working weekends, holidays and different shifts?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Gallery Host Interview

Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable. $10 an hour.

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt in February 2015.

Interview

Responded to an online job ad for a position at Hyatt Place and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview. The interview was held in the lobby. I was asked the basic interview questions and then explained the everyday duties of the position I applied for. After that, the interview was over and I was told that I will be contacted for a second interview by the general manager if I am still considered for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Very easy interview process...phone with GM. Face to face with food and bev supervisor. Was offered the job after 24 hrs..background ck took about 2 days. Started as soon as he background ck and have been offered more hours already.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a HR rep a few weeks ago about an "open call" for the Hyatt for the Gallery Host position. I get to the Hotel and first off the front desk associates didn't even know there was an "open call" to begin with so that's a red flag. Staff that isn't knowledgable about what's going on is a huge No No. I go upstairs and it's not an open call it's just me and another guy interviewing for the same position. I agree to interview first and go into a conference room where I am to be interviewed by 3 managers at the same time (the female HR Rep), an Indian manager (I'm sure he's the front desk supervisor) and another guy who sat across the table from me. The interview went well for the first 3 minutes then turned into a slight tirade about my capabilities for working for the company and pretty much I listened to them tell me why I wouldn't be a good fit. The Indian manager was on his phone the ENTIRE interview and only looked up to ask me a stupid question that had nothing to do with the interview. Second red flag here, if you weren't interested in interviewing me and I was boring then why even show up or have me show up? The other male manager kept asking me about my college career and other career opportunities then proceeded to tell me that the interview was a waste of time since I had other career goals I wanted to meet that I received my degree in. The third red flag was the management team making it seem as though my degree wasn't substantial enough when they aren't aware what I went through to even complete college. The last red flag was that one of the managers didn't even know the difference between a Bachelors of Arts and a Bachelors of Science. That threw me for a loop because how can you be a manager and have a degree yourself and not be aware of the two? I wouldn't recommend this place solely based on the staff and the lack of diversity. All of the minorities (Black and Hispanic) work as room service or where no one can really see them while the White and Asians work the front desk. I'm almost 100% sure I didn't receive the position based on my skin color due to being Black because I had perfect references and a solid work history.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel this interview is a waste of time since you have other career goals in mind?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with FOM, with GM listening and in the background. Both was very friendly and personable. He invited me in to his office, and explained what was the plan for the hotel, etc. I told him I wasn't aware of the company (lol, do not follow) and he explained it to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you know who we are? How well do you speak Chinese? Can you say ____ in Chinese? Do you have any other questions? Explain a difficult situation and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, then a second interview and then after a week i had to job

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the guest saw a cockroach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I submitted an application online that I found on Indeed.com and was actually contacted a couple hours later. I was told there was a panel/group interview the following Monday and I needed to dress to impress. There was 12 applicants and the interview took around a hour.

Interview Questions

• We had to go around the room and introduce our selves and then get to know the person beside us and share their favorite vacation with the group. Then we had to choose a scenario out of a box and answer it the way we would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Duluth, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied via the internet, was called in for an interview about three days later, they gave me a tour, and a week later I started working.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2010.

Interview

I was called on a Saturday evening for a Sunday afternoon interview, which seemed odd to me. Once I arrived for my interview the gentleman a the front desk called the manager that was to interview, then told him he would be right out. Twenty minutes later he finally comes out of the back offices and escorts me to a table to start the interview. He asks me some basic questions about myself and why I wanted to work in a hotel, specifically this one, which I answered. He then asked me to role play checking someone into the hotel, even though I stated that I had no hotel experience, so I obliged. The remainder of the interview was dominated by him and various rantings about the hotel, the employees, former employees, and his sorted life and background.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the following scenario: you are alone at the desk and there is one person trying to check-in, one person calling on the phone, an irate guest and a van driver that you can't get a hold of to help you.   Answer Question
    • Do you drink a lot?   Answer Question