Hyatt

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

Very easy interview process...phone with GM. Face to face with food and bev supervisor. Was offered the job after 24 hrs..background ck took about 2 days. Started as soon as he background ck and have been offered more hours already.

There was none

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt in July 2014.

I received a call from a HR rep a few weeks ago about an "open call" for the Hyatt for the Gallery Host position. I get to the Hotel and first off the front desk associates didn't even know there was an "open call" to begin with so that's a red flag. Staff that isn't knowledgable about what's going on is a huge No No.

I go upstairs and it's not an open call it's just me and another guy interviewing for the same position. I agree to interview first and go into a conference room where I am to be interviewed by 3 managers at the same time (the female HR Rep), an Indian manager (I'm sure he's the front desk supervisor) and another guy who sat across the table from me.

The interview went well for the first 3 minutes then turned into a slight tirade about my capabilities for working for the company and pretty much I listened to them tell me why I wouldn't be a good fit. The Indian manager was on his phone the ENTIRE interview and only looked up to ask me a stupid question that had nothing to do with the interview. Second red flag here, if you weren't interested in interviewing me and I was boring then why even show up or have me show up? The other male manager kept asking me about my college career and other career opportunities then proceeded to tell me that the interview was a waste of time since I had other career goals I wanted to meet that I received my degree in. The third red flag was the management team making it seem as though my degree wasn't substantial enough when they aren't aware what I went through to even complete college. The last red flag was that one of the managers didn't even know the difference between a Bachelors of Arts and a Bachelors of Science.

That threw me for a loop because how can you be a manager and have a degree yourself and not be aware of the two? I wouldn't recommend this place solely based on the staff and the lack of diversity.

All of the minorities (Black and Hispanic) work as room service or where no one can really see them while the White and Asians work the front desk.

I'm almost 100% sure I didn't receive the position based on my skin color due to being Black because I had perfect references and a solid work history.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel this interview is a waste of time since you have other career goals in mind?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied online, had a phone interview, then a second interview and then after a week i had to job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the guest saw a cockroach?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

I submitted an application online that I found on Indeed.com and was actually contacted a couple hours later. I was told there was a panel/group interview the following Monday and I needed to dress to impress. There was 12 applicants and the interview took around a hour.

Interview Questions
    • We had to go around the room and introduce our selves and then get to know the person beside us and share their favorite vacation with the group. Then we had to choose a scenario out of a box and answer it the way we would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

I applied via the internet, was called in for an interview about three days later, they gave me a tour, and a week later I started working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in December 2010.

I was called on a Saturday evening for a Sunday afternoon interview, which seemed odd to me. Once I arrived for my interview the gentleman a the front desk called the manager that was to interview, then told him he would be right out. Twenty minutes later he finally comes out of the back offices and escorts me to a table to start the interview. He asks me some basic questions about myself and why I wanted to work in a hotel, specifically this one, which I answered. He then asked me to role play checking someone into the hotel, even though I stated that I had no hotel experience, so I obliged. The remainder of the interview was dominated by him and various rantings about the hotel, the employees, former employees, and his sorted life and background.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the following scenario: you are alone at the desk and there is one person trying to check-in, one person calling on the phone, an irate guest and a van driver that you can't get a hold of to help you.   Answer Question
    • Do you drink a lot?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt in March 2013.

I recently was interviewed for a position with this Company and Interviewed with the Head of the Hotel Operations. During this interview I was told that they would screen me for criminal record and driving record including contact of my references. I managed to get there interest after the interview and did receive a call back that they wanted to move forward and do my background by HireRight and as soon as I complete this they can call me back. I sent them my information so this can be done almost instantly and receive a confirmation shortly from HireRight that they have completed my background. Its now weeks into my background and still have received no call or email notfication letting me know the status. Keep in mind I have a clean record and great job history the only thing I had a problem with is my credit. I cannot contact this Hyatt location for status because they BLOCK out there phone number keeping it private I guess from their prospect employees. I have managed to reach HireRight to check the outcome of my background and was told that a Credit check was indeed requested from the company which I was never told during the initial interview or else I would have indicated this to the Hiring manager. I since now have move forward myself from this company and have received another job offer for similar position at the Marriott and start on Monday. I just wanted to let everyone know that is applying beware of the screening process of this Hotel.... They check Employment- All Dates and Salary, References, CREDIT CHECK (even though they dont mention this during the intital interview or isnt listed on their JOB Description) and Driving Record. Dont waste your time in applying for this Hotel not worth the troubles and stress, They should update their JOB descriptions indicating that you must have Perfect or Good Credit to even be Considered atleast this way you dont wasted our time and your Company Time!!!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was hard about the Interview very easy questions. They just need to be more open and honest with their requirements to get the job and not waste someone eleses time.   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in December 2010.

The interview process was quite simple.