Hyatt

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.4

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in January 2015.

I applied for a part-time Night Auditor position at a Hyatt property through a career website, and within 24 hours I received a response. Some time later, the HR manager called me to schedule an interview, and also assessed my background and interests. On the day of, I arrived about 15 minutes early and informed the front desk staff of my interview. They were extremely courteous and offered to call the HR manager to meet me in the beautiful open-air lobby of the hotel. The lobby actually turned out to be the site for the interview, which gave it a much more relaxed atmosphere.

The HR manager was very polite and asked a variety of questions, such as my education in accounting/hospitality; situations that would justify an absence; my experience with Excel; future aspirations; examples of when I had to work on a team or meet a deadline; and why I felt I was suited for this position. After the interview (which lasted about 20-25 minutes), the HR manager called over the Housekeeping manager for a second opinion, and he was quite friendly as well.

Some days later, they called me back to extend the offer, and I have been working at the Hyatt property ever since. The staff is again very courteous and supportive of one another, from the top all the way down, and is a prime example of teamwork in the workplace. Can't complain about the beautiful lobby either.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you feel that you are best suited for this position at the Hyatt?   Answer Question

Recreation Attendant Interview

Didn't feel like an interview. More like a discussion. Hired on the spot. I really don't have much more to say. They called me in, I came in, toured the place while talking about life, got the job. There's nothing more.

Recreation Grounds Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

Fun and interactive. Not intimidating at all. easy going people and a lot to learn from these coworkers, Kate was great at asking questions and making me feel like i belonged here. Everyone says hi.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

It al took two days roughly I went in for the interview met with two people they liked me and I took a drug test that day. The manager was very nice and friendly guy. The people at the hotel who trained me were also very nice.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

I received a phone call about my inquiry. I was informed of a position at the time. I was given a few days notice of appointment. I was hired by G.M.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   View Answer
    N/A

Operating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied on line and a few days later was called to have the first interview with the Director of Engineering where a great deal of questions revolved around knowledge of mechanical systems which are critical to the operation of a NYC high rise building.
    This interview was followed by a second with the hotel's General Manager a week later and the following day there was a background check and drug test. After the results came in several days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • was based on equipment I knew of through schooling but had actually never worked on.   View Answer
    This is a union position. The contract was already negotiated through collective bargaining.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question
    There was none

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2014.

I applied online and received a call the next business day from someone in HR. I went through a basic phone screen and was told to expect to hear back from a Sales Manager. A couple of days later, I had an interview with two of the Sales Managers. It was a basic interview with nothing out of the ordinary. I received a follow up a few days later to set up an interview with the Sales Director. That interview was also nothing out of the ordinary and was in fact a nice conversation. The Director followed up by saying I would have an interview with the GM within the week. Unfortunately, that interview never occurred as I received an email saying I was a solid candidate, but they went with someone more experienced.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. It would benefit to research Sales Assistant interview questions for what to better prepare yourself.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question
    negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.