Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.4

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

Easy interview, mainly on customer service skills and the company itself. They also give you a good description of the position and ask you to answer questions on various situations you could be put in and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Overnight Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

It was a position at the Andaz 5th ave, a Hyatt hotel. Took a written test that gave some simple culinary questions, then met with the chef for the interview who gave some outlandish scenarios and how I will deal with them. The Chef was quite serious about this entire process and did not really try to ease the tension in the room, which made me think twice about wanting to work under him during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a group of important people visited for a multiple course meal, what will you cook?   Answer Question

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hyatt.

One brief phone screening with a half hour in person interview a week after. The phone screening was a casual conversation with the Food and Beverage Manager. He basically was interested in gauging my understanding of the position and laying out his expectations for this role. The in person interview was conducted with the Food and Beverage manager as well as another assistant manager. The atmosphere and language was extremely casual.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a place you remember for quality service.
      Describe a time when you felt cared for.

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

3 rounds of interview phone screen, face to face first round, and face to face second round. Decision made pretty quickly.met with three of the human resources team and the director for the city asked me about my past employment and gave me great tips on my interview

Interview Questions
    • The usual why Hyatt and where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $10 an hour.

Restaurant/Bistro AM Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Fairly easy, started off slightly shaky because me and interviewer were quite nervous. Eventually Adam fell into interviewer mode and it made me feel more comfortable. He offered me a drink and snack, then went on to describe company ways and the job description itself. Was real laid back and easy. A week later another interview with the GM

Interview Questions
    • Experience working with food? Interacting with business people?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in February 2015.

Responded to an online job ad for a position at Hyatt Place and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview.

The interview was held in the lobby. I was asked the basic interview questions and then explained the everyday duties of the position I applied for. After that, the interview was over and I was told that I will be contacted for a second interview by the general manager if I am still considered for the position.

Reservationist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Applied online and was emailed back and invited to their hiring event. Showed up early and was able to be interviewed right away. Both interviewers were very nice. I felt very comfortable with them.

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in January 2015.

I applied for a part-time Night Auditor position at a Hyatt property through a career website, and within 24 hours I received a response. Some time later, the HR manager called me to schedule an interview, and also assessed my background and interests. On the day of, I arrived about 15 minutes early and informed the front desk staff of my interview. They were extremely courteous and offered to call the HR manager to meet me in the beautiful open-air lobby of the hotel. The lobby actually turned out to be the site for the interview, which gave it a much more relaxed atmosphere.

The HR manager was very polite and asked a variety of questions, such as my education in accounting/hospitality; situations that would justify an absence; my experience with Excel; future aspirations; examples of when I had to work on a team or meet a deadline; and why I felt I was suited for this position. After the interview (which lasted about 20-25 minutes), the HR manager called over the Housekeeping manager for a second opinion, and he was quite friendly as well.

Some days later, they called me back to extend the offer, and I have been working at the Hyatt property ever since. The staff is again very courteous and supportive of one another, from the top all the way down, and is a prime example of teamwork in the workplace. Can't complain about the beautiful lobby either.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you feel that you are best suited for this position at the Hyatt?   Answer Question

Recreation Attendant Interview

Didn't feel like an interview. More like a discussion. Hired on the spot. I really don't have much more to say. They called me in, I came in, toured the place while talking about life, got the job. There's nothing more.