Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in September 2015.

Interview

I was called one evening to set up a time for a interview, I gave them the day and time. When I arrived, I was about 30min early and the person who was interviewing me had no problem seeing me sooner. The interview went very well, we made small talk that was welcoming and professional. After I interviewed with one, they gave me some forms to fill out and then I interviewed with a manager same day. After everything went well with both interviews the first person who interviewed me gave me a mini tour as she escorted me out to complete the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had a positive customer service experience   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had a goal to accomplish, what did you do to get it done and what where if any some obstacles you faced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I just accepted the position at the pay rate given. They do ask if that is okay, so maybe there is room for it, but I don't think it proper to do so unless it's worded, more like, what kind of compensation/salary are you looking for?

Event Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Interview was with the director of event and lasted about an hour. Very conversational and relaxed, but looking back on it I wish she had been more specific about her expectations. I was hired to sell event space but never got to see the spaces during the interview. That may have changed my mind about the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Event Sales Manager Position with Hyatt at McCormick Place in Chicago. After passing the assessment I received an email from the Director of the department. She addressed me as a he, once I got to the interview this lady acted as if she had never seen the resume that she emailed me about requesting an interview. She felt that my experience did not match the needs for Hyatt. WELL WHY DID YOU CONTACT ME IN THE FIRST PLACE. This can only lead me to believe she did not like that I'm a black female.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got an email from HR saying I had an interview on a certain day and I need to get there during a few hour time window. First interview was with HR, passed that round so I went upstairs and interviewed with two different front desk managers. Then the last interview was with the general manager. I was working a part time job at the time so my schedule was a little difficult so they let me do all three interviews in one day. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice and professional. They called me a couple days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what customer service experience you had and how you deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any really.

Guest Experience Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

You will interview at least 3 times if not more. You will meet with an HR person, a manager/director and the general manager of the hotel. (This is the top person at the hotel.) Find a way to make them smile. They want to know you will bend over backwards for any guest.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Events Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

It was a comfortable, friendly process. The interview was laid back. More of a relaxing environment. Was interview by the director and then by what would be my managers. Some questions were situational. They are really picking your brain to see if you are passionate and competent and obviously if you would be a good fit with the team.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Incline Village, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Incline Village, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Took me forever to fill out every step of the online interview. At first I couldn't get online to fill it out, so I tried talking to someone from the Hotel upfront..but couldn't contact HR department by phone or live under no conditions.They answered in a mere 1-2 days, but sadly, it was negative.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a customer in a hurry, but you still have 3 tables waiting?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Applied on May 12th...phone interview on June 8th-I was told my experience is exactly what he was looking for and to follow up next week if HR doesn't contact me for an in-person interview. I contacted the hiring manager as instructed after not hearing back, received no response. I then contacted HR the following day, and THEY did not hear any feedback either. Contacted hiring manager and HR a week later, and finally got a response from someone else saying it was filled by an internal candidate. Luckily they didn't call me in for an in-person interview. I've dealt with a lot of other companies, and at least they responded quickly if the position was filled.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

During the interview process I spoke with the Director of Events and multiple Event Managers and Event Sales managers. I was given a tour of the space and had the opportunity to see 1 or 2 events being set up and executed by the banquets team. I was also able to see rooms beeing set by the set up team.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a time I had a difficult potential client who hadn't yet signed the contract and how I was able to turn the client around and land the piece of business.   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Green Bay, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online about two months ago, but they closed the application. Then I received an email saying the position of Banquets Server had once again opened up. I jumped at the opportunity and filled out the application. After that, it took a little over a week and a half for them to contact me. I received a phone call where I was asked a few brief questions. They set the interview up for the be next day. The interview was not nearly as nerve wracking as I had expected. I was interviewed by one manager who then told me she had to have another person run through questions with me. They were very nice and made me feel relaxed. After that I had to complete a background check. That took another week and a half. Today I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what your idea of good customer service is?   1 Answer
    • What's your favourite movie?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer