Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.4

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Applied on May 12th...phone interview on June 8th-I was told my experience is exactly what he was looking for and to follow up next week if HR doesn't contact me for an in-person interview. I contacted the hiring manager as instructed after not hearing back, received no response. I then contacted HR the following day, and THEY did not hear any feedback either. Contacted hiring manager and HR a week later, and finally got a response from someone else saying it was filled by an internal candidate. Luckily they didn't call me in for an in-person interview. I've dealt with a lot of other companies, and at least they responded quickly if the position was filled.

Female Public Areas Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first, then 2 of the department managers, and then to one of the hotel executives. It was like a rotation. You mostly do all the talking. They don't ask too many questions. Definitely not challenging.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Human Resources, Rooms Director, Front Office Managers and General Manager may all participate in the hiring process. Average process with speedy response for entry level positions. You must apply online

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience in the hospitality industry and any experience with Reserve and/ Opera reservations systems. Customer service encounters that stand out and how they were handled. Of course why Hyatt and how did you hear about the job   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was interviewed and was told by the division head that I would get the job. After a few days he called me and told me that the GM had promised the job to someone else. 4 months later after that person failed at the job, the called me back and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Details about my hotel experience.   3 Answers

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Unorganized interview. Interviewer was late. She asked no good interview questions. Her mind was somewhere else. She made the interview feel very awkward. I took control of interview by telling her about myself and prior experience. I asked her questions about yhe company, and the workflow. 20 minutes later, she hired me on the spot and asked for my Id, and Ss card. She directed me to a drug screening facility. I would say it was a very easy interview.

Security Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Started with an open, cattle call style interview. In the process I met with the dept head and HR rep in seperate interviews. After passing that round, there was an interview with the director

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Massage Therapist-casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Awili Spa/Andaz hotel at Wailea. They only hire dual licensed people for full-time or part time positions, so they asked which days I am available as they wanted 2 days a week on-call availability. You can refuse 3 times before they fire you. I offered them 4 days to choose from and a couple of days later in the training part they told me they thought I am available all 4 days and that was the only reason why they hired me. So I guessed since that day for the following couple of weeks I managed to last I was in the category of "least favorite therapists"

I had to give 2 practical full 60 minutes' massages (both to the lead therapist and the spa manager) vs 1 massage in most other places. The training part: 2 weeks/ training results were generally based on favoritism of the lead therapist, there was a lot of focusing on one trainee and ignoring and yelling and rude comments towards another one.

Also if they are overloaded with clients and they need you to start working soon depending on the availability days you provided you are going to be cleared right now, if they don't need you until next week or later they are going to fail your treatments' demos no matter what and offer you to do the whole several hours thing on them over and over again until they think you are ready.:)))

The reasons they give are: 4 sugar crumbs on the floor left after you swept the floor after the treatment, your hands were cold after the lead therapist/client intentionally asked to set up the room temperature very low and before the treatment you made sure the t is ok for the client and the client said he likes it cold. So, raising the room temperature is not ok to solve the cold fingers problem, you must give the same body treatment to them again to get rid of it.

The feedback they are giving after you massaged them and scrubbed them and wrapped them for 3 hours is very rude, personally I don't think I've ever received anything like that in my entire history of employment and job interviews. There was generally NOTHING good said at all and everything was "totally unacceptable and inappropriate". I have no idea how it has worked out for me and my clients for the last 13 years...I should just focus on some different area of talents now...:)

Generally it looked more like begging for free massages and body treatments and desperate looking for excuses for that in an aggressive manner rather than professional approach so I had to explain that would probably not going to work for me.

They told I would receive 1 paycheck/training hours-2 weeks and I never received one, I contacted the spa manager about the problem and never received any reply.

So I guess I presented them 3 free massages plus the "horrible" wraps and scrubs they trained me at and received nothing but yelling and complaining about my cold hands.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly on customer service skills and the company itself. They also give you a good description of the position and ask you to answer questions on various situations you could be put in and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer