Hyatt

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Sales Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – First received a phone call from HR asking standard questions for the position. I then was asked to schedule an in person interview. I met with two sales managers and it was more of a get to know me interview and was very relaxed. I was asked normal questions about working as a team and my previous experience. After this I was called to come in for the final interview. Here I met with 5 different people and were told in more detail about the position and asked normal questions. All of them asked why hyatt and why this position.

Interview Question – Nothing was too hard, everything you would expect.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – Two Step interview process, starting with a group interview and then a two person panel interview. Very standard behavioral and competency based interview questions on both. Waiting time for a hiring decision is not too long, usually within a week or so.

Interview Question – Any behavioral question.   Answer Question

Grand Club Attendant Interview

Grand Club Attendant
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online to be a Rooms Intern and got a call a week later saying that they canceled the internship for now. To which they asked me to apply and look at a few other positions that were open, so I applied to this one after the call and got a call that exact same day for a interview. The interview was pretty easy, they were really looking for someone who could work the shift hours. I interviewed with the HR, General Manager, Human Resources, and two other workers. They all asked the same questions. I have no hotel experience or college education(Gap year student), yet have other work experience. For advice, do you're research of the company they like a employee who knows the company and area.

Interview Question – Why work at the Hyatt?
What do you know about the Hyatt?
What do you know about the Area?
What skills do you have and what skills do you think will help you in your career goal?
What is your career goal?
How will you help a angry customer?
  Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Two interviews, very general questions. I was interviewed by three people, two at one time and once separately by the dept manager. Toured around the property, met the staff. I was a recent graduate and had no hotel experience so did not land the job. The sales manager suggested I come back again after I get some experience.

Interview Question – No question was very difficult. One example: How would you prioritize potential clients to pursue an account?   Answer Question

Sales Event Manager Interview

Sales Event Manager

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – My experiences were exactly as someone posted. I applied online for this position. No response or feedback that the resume was actually received and then three weeks later, I received a letter thanking me for taking time to talk to them, but the position was filled. I never spoke with any individual from the organization. ! This is absolutely disgusting behavior from a leading brand. I will not stay at a HYATT nor apply for a position at this chain again. If this is the way they treat potential candidates, then imagine how they treat their employees.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Food and Beverage Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – First Skype interview i had ever done. Very positive experience, I interviewed with everyone back to back and was asked permission to run a background check the very next day. After that cleared I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Question – Always hesitant to blurt out my first answer that comes to mind on any behavioral question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – na. ha

Steward Interview

Steward
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2012.

Interview Details – From the moment I was contacted to come in for my first interview, I realized that this was a different level of quality and service than I was used to. My interview was less anxious than anticipated and thoroughly satisfying after hearing that o was shifted to the next step. The interviewer was thorough for good reason. And I especially appreciate the communication put forth on his part in keeping me updated.

Interview Question – There was an incident o had wanted to keep discreet and the interviewer was courteous enough to make me aware that he was aware of the incident but reassured n
Me that it would go no further than our conversation. That made me feel at peace.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, instant auto reply, week later e-mail from HR to schedule an in person interview.
The interview was with HR, Banquet Manager, and Food and Beverage Director consecutively.

Interview Question – Can you be available to work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A day or two later, I was hired.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Housekeeper Interview

Senior Housekeeper

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call from assistant manager about 2 weeks later. I was asked to come in for an interview on the following day. Interview was casual and took place in the hotel lobby. They asked the general questions about previous experience, scheduling and desired salary. Most job related questions were how would you handle certain situations.

Guest Services Manager Interview

Guest Services Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was a typical hotel management round of interviews, in this order: HR Assistant Director, Rooms Division Manager, Front Office Manager & Reservations/PBX Manager (Peer Interview), and lastly the General Manager with the Rooms Manager present. All hotel interviews took place in one long day of interviews. I was probably there for about 3.5 hours. The interviewers seemed most interested in my work/hospitality philosophy and practices than any technical or specific managerial skills.

Negotiation Details – The only non-negotiable offer I have ever received

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyatt

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!

Hyatt Videos

Hyatt – Why Work for Us?

We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyatt interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hyatt employees and interview candidates.