Hyatt

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.4

Gallery Host Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $10 an hour.

Restaurant/Bistro AM Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Fairly easy, started off slightly shaky because me and interviewer were quite nervous. Eventually Adam fell into interviewer mode and it made me feel more comfortable. He offered me a drink and snack, then went on to describe company ways and the job description itself. Was real laid back and easy. A week later another interview with the GM

Interview Questions
    • Experience working with food? Interacting with business people?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in February 2015.

Responded to an online job ad for a position at Hyatt Place and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview.

The interview was held in the lobby. I was asked the basic interview questions and then explained the everyday duties of the position I applied for. After that, the interview was over and I was told that I will be contacted for a second interview by the general manager if I am still considered for the position.

Reservationist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Applied online and was emailed back and invited to their hiring event. Showed up early and was able to be interviewed right away. Both interviewers were very nice. I felt very comfortable with them.

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in January 2015.

I applied for a part-time Night Auditor position at a Hyatt property through a career website, and within 24 hours I received a response. Some time later, the HR manager called me to schedule an interview, and also assessed my background and interests. On the day of, I arrived about 15 minutes early and informed the front desk staff of my interview. They were extremely courteous and offered to call the HR manager to meet me in the beautiful open-air lobby of the hotel. The lobby actually turned out to be the site for the interview, which gave it a much more relaxed atmosphere.

The HR manager was very polite and asked a variety of questions, such as my education in accounting/hospitality; situations that would justify an absence; my experience with Excel; future aspirations; examples of when I had to work on a team or meet a deadline; and why I felt I was suited for this position. After the interview (which lasted about 20-25 minutes), the HR manager called over the Housekeeping manager for a second opinion, and he was quite friendly as well.

Some days later, they called me back to extend the offer, and I have been working at the Hyatt property ever since. The staff is again very courteous and supportive of one another, from the top all the way down, and is a prime example of teamwork in the workplace. Can't complain about the beautiful lobby either.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you feel that you are best suited for this position at the Hyatt?   Answer Question

Recreation Attendant Interview

Didn't feel like an interview. More like a discussion. Hired on the spot. I really don't have much more to say. They called me in, I came in, toured the place while talking about life, got the job. There's nothing more.

Recreation Grounds Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

Fun and interactive. Not intimidating at all. easy going people and a lot to learn from these coworkers, Kate was great at asking questions and making me feel like i belonged here. Everyone says hi.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

It al took two days roughly I went in for the interview met with two people they liked me and I took a drug test that day. The manager was very nice and friendly guy. The people at the hotel who trained me were also very nice.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

I received a phone call about my inquiry. I was informed of a position at the time. I was given a few days notice of appointment. I was hired by G.M.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   View Answer
    N/A