Hyatt

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR process was very disorganized. I had to deal with two different recruiters, and the communication was horrible. Once I made it through that gauntlet and was able to talk to real employees, the process was great.

Interview Question – The global head of technology asked me so many difficult and thoughtful questions I can't recall most of them. Many were around my hobbies, dreams and aspirations. I left the interview so inspired I have never wanted a job so badly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. Incredible environment to work in.

Server Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online, I was called back maybe around 10 days later to meet in person. I met with the HR guy and had the standard interview , "went over the job its self , the company , my past work history etc..."
I was called back nearly 2 weeks later to meet with the manager of the restaurant. We did a 1on1, took a tour of the restaurant and I met alot of the current staff. Just as I thought it was over I was taken upstairs to meet the food and bev. manager for a very relaxed and informal interview session which i really enjoyed. I felt important due to the formality of the process but couldnt help but be a bit overwhelmed by the thoroughness of the process, not that i thought negatively just surprised since it was only a simple serving job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the food/beverage industry?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for the Front DesK Agent position online, and was contacted by HR about a week later by phone. I was asked a few preliminary phone interview questions i.e. why hyatt? what was a challenging situation with a guest, how did you solve it? what is exceptional service to you? in your last job, what was your biggest challenge? Then I was passed along to the next step of the interview process, which was a face-to-face, 1-1 interview with the front office manager. This part was relatively easy, the manager basically just went over everything about the property that I already researched online, and talked about management style. Then, in the same day, I was asked to meet with the room executive, who pretty much asked me the same questions as the HR person. After, I was escorted by the front office manager to the executive GM's office, which was very prestigious and full of smiling people. The interview with the GM was natural and relaxed, my resume was reviewed and I was asked if I had any questions for them. I asked how they both got involved with hyatt and why, and what they liked most about the property. Both of them answered the people/employees were the best aspect. These four interviews were all in one day, took about 4 hours total. Then I was asked to come back the following day for a drug test. I was then offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – What is exceptional guest service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the position offered starting range of 9.50/hr even though I was coming from another Hyatt property making 10/hr.

Front Office Agent Interview

Front Office Agent

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted and had a phone interview. I was invited to have an interview with HR and then with the front office manager. A few days later I was called in to have an interview with the general manager.The process took way too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and your boss didn't see eye to eye?   Answer Question
  • Have you and a coworker ever had a argument? How did you confront them?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Guest Service Agent
Whippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online then after a week received a phone call. I waited at the lobby then after we went to the buffet area then suddenly the GM came. They asked a lot of situational type of questions. They said they will call me in a week so that is an indications that i failed.

Interview Question – Give me one situation where you gave your best guest service.   Answer Question

Guest Services Manager Interview

Guest Services Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was a typical hotel management round of interviews, in this order: HR Assistant Director, Rooms Division Manager, Front Office Manager & Reservations/PBX Manager (Peer Interview), and lastly the General Manager with the Rooms Manager present. All hotel interviews took place in one long day of interviews. I was probably there for about 3.5 hours. The interviewers seemed most interested in my work/hospitality philosophy and practices than any technical or specific managerial skills.

Negotiation Details – The only non-negotiable offer I have ever received

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in December 2010.

Interview Details – interview with HR, hiring manager, department head and if management position, HRD and General Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in a hotel   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Director of Human Resources Wednesday October 9, 2013.He left a message. In his message he said "I was following up on the resume you submited, if you can please give me a call..." . About 10 minutes later I called him back and left a voicemail. I called back Thursday and Friday and left a message still no call back. I called back again on Monday, again no call back. Finally on Tuesday October 15, 2013 he finally answers. I tell him my name and that I recieved his voicemail about the open position and he says "I'm sorry we are going with other candidates for this position". This was the most rediculous thing that's ever happened during my job search process. I was completely baffled by the unprofessionalism.

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Corporate Management Trainee
Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2011.

Interview Details – Total 4 rounds, entire process lasted for a month. I wasn't in China at that moment. All interview were held by Skype. Skype with HR- Training Manager, HRD, DOSM, Hotel Manager, Recruiting Director APEC.

Interview Question – Stress interview at last round   Answer Question

Purchasing Director Interview

Purchasing Director
Kuantan (Malaysia)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via e-mail. Received call from HR Director to arrange 1st interview. Filled up application form, met current Purchasing manager for interview. Went back to HR for another interview. Waited 2 days for a positive answer. Signed appointment letter the following week.

Interview Question – Would you be able to lie if asked by your superior to cover up something bad ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!