Hyatt

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for the Front DesK Agent position online, and was contacted by HR about a week later by phone. I was asked a few preliminary phone interview questions i.e. why hyatt? what was a challenging situation with a guest, how did you solve it? what is exceptional service to you? in your last job, what was your biggest challenge? Then I was passed along to the next step of the interview process, which was a face-to-face, 1-1 interview with the front office manager. This part was relatively easy, the manager basically just went over everything about the property that I already researched online, and talked about management style. Then, in the same day, I was asked to meet with the room executive, who pretty much asked me the same questions as the HR person. After, I was escorted by the front office manager to the executive GM's office, which was very prestigious and full of smiling people. The interview with the GM was natural and relaxed, my resume was reviewed and I was asked if I had any questions for them. I asked how they both got involved with hyatt and why, and what they liked most about the property. Both of them answered the people/employees were the best aspect. These four interviews were all in one day, took about 4 hours total. Then I was asked to come back the following day for a drug test. I was then offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – What is exceptional guest service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the position offered starting range of 9.50/hr even though I was coming from another Hyatt property making 10/hr.

Server Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online, I was called back maybe around 10 days later to meet in person. I met with the HR guy and had the standard interview , "went over the job its self , the company , my past work history etc..."
I was called back nearly 2 weeks later to meet with the manager of the restaurant. We did a 1on1, took a tour of the restaurant and I met alot of the current staff. Just as I thought it was over I was taken upstairs to meet the food and bev. manager for a very relaxed and informal interview session which i really enjoyed. I felt important due to the formality of the process but couldnt help but be a bit overwhelmed by the thoroughness of the process, not that i thought negatively just surprised since it was only a simple serving job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the food/beverage industry?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Guest Service Agent
Whippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online then after a week received a phone call. I waited at the lobby then after we went to the buffet area then suddenly the GM came. They asked a lot of situational type of questions. They said they will call me in a week so that is an indications that i failed.

Interview Question – Give me one situation where you gave your best guest service.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Office Agent Interview

Front Office Agent

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted and had a phone interview. I was invited to have an interview with HR and then with the front office manager. A few days later I was called in to have an interview with the general manager.The process took way too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and your boss didn't see eye to eye?   Answer Question
  • Have you and a coworker ever had a argument? How did you confront them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in December 2010.

Interview Details – interview with HR, hiring manager, department head and if management position, HRD and General Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in a hotel   Answer Question

Commiss Chef the Grill Reastaurant Interview

Commiss Chef the Grill Reastaurant
Doha (Qatar)

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2011.

Interview Details – the way was easy and perfect because it was transfare from hyatt regenshy shaem,egypt to grand hyatt doha it was nice and i like it,it was not easy and i was concantrated well

Interview Question – introuduce yourself? it is diffecalt to talk about it in afew minets   View Answers (3)

Purchasing Director Interview

Purchasing Director
Kuantan (Malaysia)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via e-mail. Received call from HR Director to arrange 1st interview. Filled up application form, met current Purchasing manager for interview. Went back to HR for another interview. Waited 2 days for a positive answer. Signed appointment letter the following week.

Interview Question – Would you be able to lie if asked by your superior to cover up something bad ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Entry Level Front of the House Interview

Entry Level Front of the House

I applied online and interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – First you apply online, then they call you in for an interview. If the 1 st person likes you they will set you up for a second interview. If they like you they will do a background check and call your references.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.
What motivates you?
Etc
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer the highest pay among hotels in San Antonio so no negotiation was needed.

DOM Interview

DOM
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Hyatt in January 2010.

Interview Details – Took very long, many interviews, with general manager, with other executive committee members and with HR. In-between interviews the interval was of up to a month at times, very slow despite their "urgent need". Presentations were required, and a hotel assessment (i.e. a one night stay as a "mystery guest") with a review of my observations the following day.

Interview Question – How would you raise levels of business in this particular property? numbers were expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. They asked questions such as salary expectations which were irrelevant to the stiff, non-negotiable set of benefits and salary in place.

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Director of Human Resources Wednesday October 9, 2013.He left a message. In his message he said "I was following up on the resume you submited, if you can please give me a call..." . About 10 minutes later I called him back and left a voicemail. I called back Thursday and Friday and left a message still no call back. I called back again on Monday, again no call back. Finally on Tuesday October 15, 2013 he finally answers. I tell him my name and that I recieved his voicemail about the open position and he says "I'm sorry we are going with other candidates for this position". This was the most rediculous thing that's ever happened during my job search process. I was completely baffled by the unprofessionalism.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyatt

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!

Hyatt Videos

Hyatt – Why Work for Us?

We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyatt interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hyatt employees and interview candidates.