Hyatt

2.4

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in November 2013.

HR process was very disorganized. I had to deal with two different recruiters, and the communication was horrible. Once I made it through that gauntlet and was able to talk to real employees, the process was great.

Interview Questions
    • The global head of technology asked me so many difficult and thoughtful questions I can't recall most of them. Many were around my hobbies, dreams and aspirations. I left the interview so inspired I have never wanted a job so badly.   View Answer
    Not a lot of negotiation. Incredible environment to work in.

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2014.

I received a call from a HR rep a few weeks ago about an "open call" for the Hyatt for the Gallery Host position. I get to the Hotel and first off the front desk associates didn't even know there was an "open call" to begin with so that's a red flag. Staff that isn't knowledgable about what's going on is a huge No No.

I go upstairs and it's not an open call it's just me and another guy interviewing for the same position. I agree to interview first and go into a conference room where I am to be interviewed by 3 managers at the same time (the female HR Rep), an Indian manager (I'm sure he's the front desk supervisor) and another guy who sat across the table from me.

The interview went well for the first 3 minutes then turned into a slight tirade about my capabilities for working for the company and pretty much I listened to them tell me why I wouldn't be a good fit. The Indian manager was on his phone the ENTIRE interview and only looked up to ask me a stupid question that had nothing to do with the interview. Second red flag here, if you weren't interested in interviewing me and I was boring then why even show up or have me show up? The other male manager kept asking me about my college career and other career opportunities then proceeded to tell me that the interview was a waste of time since I had other career goals I wanted to meet that I received my degree in. The third red flag was the management team making it seem as though my degree wasn't substantial enough when they aren't aware what I went through to even complete college. The last red flag was that one of the managers didn't even know the difference between a Bachelors of Arts and a Bachelors of Science.

That threw me for a loop because how can you be a manager and have a degree yourself and not be aware of the two? I wouldn't recommend this place solely based on the staff and the lack of diversity.

All of the minorities (Black and Hispanic) work as room service or where no one can really see them while the White and Asians work the front desk.

I'm almost 100% sure I didn't receive the position based on my skin color due to being Black because I had perfect references and a solid work history.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel this interview is a waste of time since you have other career goals in mind?   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2011.

Total 4 rounds, entire process lasted for a month. I wasn't in China at that moment. All interview were held by Skype. Skype with HR- Training Manager, HRD, DOSM, Hotel Manager, Recruiting Director APEC.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2011.

I walked into the HR office with my resume in hand. I had applied for a front office position and wanted to follow up. I had been rejected for several positions and had even done a phone interview for another position that I was not offered. It just so happened that there was an opening in HR and that my bilingual qualifications were highly desirable. I interviewed on the spot and was offered shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • It was honestly a blur. The whole experience was unexpected.   Answer Question
    I didn't accept on the spot. I slept on it and asked for slightly more.

Front Desk Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2008.

I applied for the Front DesK Agent position online, and was contacted by HR about a week later by phone. I was asked a few preliminary phone interview questions i.e. why hyatt? what was a challenging situation with a guest, how did you solve it? what is exceptional service to you? in your last job, what was your biggest challenge? Then I was passed along to the next step of the interview process, which was a face-to-face, 1-1 interview with the front office manager. This part was relatively easy, the manager basically just went over everything about the property that I already researched online, and talked about management style. Then, in the same day, I was asked to meet with the room executive, who pretty much asked me the same questions as the HR person. After, I was escorted by the front office manager to the executive GM's office, which was very prestigious and full of smiling people. The interview with the GM was natural and relaxed, my resume was reviewed and I was asked if I had any questions for them. I asked how they both got involved with hyatt and why, and what they liked most about the property. Both of them answered the people/employees were the best aspect. These four interviews were all in one day, took about 4 hours total. Then I was asked to come back the following day for a drug test. I was then offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, the position offered starting range of 9.50/hr even though I was coming from another Hyatt property making 10/hr.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2010.

First I applied online, I was called back maybe around 10 days later to meet in person. I met with the HR guy and had the standard interview , "went over the job its self , the company , my past work history etc..."
    I was called back nearly 2 weeks later to meet with the manager of the restaurant. We did a 1on1, took a tour of the restaurant and I met alot of the current staff. Just as I thought it was over I was taken upstairs to meet the food and bev. manager for a very relaxed and informal interview session which i really enjoyed. I felt important due to the formality of the process but couldnt help but be a bit overwhelmed by the thoroughness of the process, not that i thought negatively just surprised since it was only a simple serving job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the food/beverage industry?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2010.

I applied online then after a week received a phone call. I waited at the lobby then after we went to the buffet area then suddenly the GM came. They asked a lot of situational type of questions. They said they will call me in a week so that is an indications that i failed.

Interview Questions
    • Give me one situation where you gave your best guest service.   Answer Question

Front Office Agent Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2010.

After applying online I was contacted and had a phone interview. I was invited to have an interview with HR and then with the front office manager. A few days later I was called in to have an interview with the general manager.The process took way too long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you and your boss didn't see eye to eye?   Answer Question
    • Have you and a coworker ever had a argument? How did you confront them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in December 2010.

interview with HR, hiring manager, department head and if management position, HRD and General Manager.

Commiss Chef the Grill Reastaurant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2011.

the way was easy and perfect because it was transfare from hyatt regenshy shaem,egypt to grand hyatt doha it was nice and i like it,it was not easy and i was concantrated well

Interview Questions
    • introuduce yourself? it is diffecalt to talk about it in afew minets   View Answers (3)

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!