Hyatt

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.4

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2014.

I applied online and received a call the next business day from someone in HR. I went through a basic phone screen and was told to expect to hear back from a Sales Manager. A couple of days later, I had an interview with two of the Sales Managers. It was a basic interview with nothing out of the ordinary. I received a follow up a few days later to set up an interview with the Sales Director. That interview was also nothing out of the ordinary and was in fact a nice conversation. The Director followed up by saying I would have an interview with the GM within the week. Unfortunately, that interview never occurred as I received an email saying I was a solid candidate, but they went with someone more experienced.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. It would benefit to research Sales Assistant interview questions for what to better prepare yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

I received a phone call about my inquiry. I was informed of a position at the time. I was given a few days notice of appointment. I was hired by G.M.

Hotel Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hyatt in March 2010.

Easy interview process, but they don't let you know for a few weeks unless they need you immediately. Then after being promised a bonus structure, was told that "we never had anything in writing". Constantly micro-managed and had to deal with a toxic environment. Have colleagues who work for other hotel chains and they say that they don't have anywhere near this negative environment.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you will bring to this position?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in November 2014.

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Steward Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt in September 2013.

Interviewed by three different people. The first was from HR the second was a Chef the third was in the department I applied for.the HR person asked questions about myself to get to know who I was. Then it was Chef, he was very welcoming and also suggested other positions that my suit me. Thirdly was man in the department I applied for. The interview was good as well as the hiring process. They do call all the references you do list to make sure they're accurate.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were unexpected were the math questions, as well as the questions such as where do I live and how long did it take me to get to the Hyatt from my home.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

There were 2 rounds of interview. The first round of interview was with the HR and the Sales Manager. The interview went on for over 45 mins and many technical questions were asked regarding my experience related to the position I was interviewing for. The second round of interview incuded the HR manager, Sales manager and the Director of sales and marketing. The second round was shorter and it was just a bit more in-depth in relation to the first round.

Interview Questions
    • 1- what size of events have you managed?
      2- What clients have you worked with?
      3- Provided an 'X' situation, how will you handle it? (There were many situational n behavioural analysis questions)
        Answer Question

They were providing housing and transportation of their own hence the basic salary I was offered was low. They don't separately provide housing n transportation allowance as a part of salary because they give their own accommodation therefore they are already investing in their employees. But as I was a resident living in dubai with my family, those perks were really not beneficial for me.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   Answer Question
    N/A

Operating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied on line and a few days later was called to have the first interview with the Director of Engineering where a great deal of questions revolved around knowledge of mechanical systems which are critical to the operation of a NYC high rise building.
    This interview was followed by a second with the hotel's General Manager a week later and the following day there was a background check and drug test. After the results came in several days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • was based on equipment I knew of through schooling but had actually never worked on.   View Answer
    This is a union position. The contract was already negotiated through collective bargaining.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question
    There was none

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2010.

Great Process and very easy I was called back in a matter of days where I would be working was very excited and satisfied with the process Christy was very helpful in pointing me to the right direction.

To Apply for a position with this company, Great Attitude and very helpful with a positive manner from Human Resources