Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Security Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Started with an open, cattle call style interview. In the process I met with the dept head and HR rep in seperate interviews. After passing that round, there was an interview with the director

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Terrible process! Met with 4 different managers then got offered the job. Then got called in again after being offered the position for another interview, then offered the position again. Once I got offered the job it took them three weeks to schedule me!!

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.

Massage Therapist-casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Awili Spa/Andaz hotel at Wailea. They only hire dual licensed people for full-time or part time positions, so they asked which days I am available as they wanted 2 days a week on-call availability. You can refuse 3 times before they fire you. I offered them 4 days to choose from and a couple of days later in the training part they told me they thought I am available all 4 days and that was the only reason why they hired me. So I guessed since that day for the following couple of weeks I managed to last I was in the category of "least favorite therapists"

I had to give 2 practical full 60 minutes' massages (both to the lead therapist and the spa manager) vs 1 massage in most other places. The training part: 2 weeks/ training results were generally based on favoritism of the lead therapist, there was a lot of focusing on one trainee and ignoring and yelling and rude comments towards another one.

Also if they are overloaded with clients and they need you to start working soon depending on the availability days you provided you are going to be cleared right now, if they don't need you until next week or later they are going to fail your treatments' demos no matter what and offer you to do the whole several hours thing on them over and over again until they think you are ready.:)))

The reasons they give are: 4 sugar crumbs on the floor left after you swept the floor after the treatment, your hands were cold after the lead therapist/client intentionally asked to set up the room temperature very low and before the treatment you made sure the t is ok for the client and the client said he likes it cold. So, raising the room temperature is not ok to solve the cold fingers problem, you must give the same body treatment to them again to get rid of it.

The feedback they are giving after you massaged them and scrubbed them and wrapped them for 3 hours is very rude, personally I don't think I've ever received anything like that in my entire history of employment and job interviews. There was generally NOTHING good said at all and everything was "totally unacceptable and inappropriate". I have no idea how it has worked out for me and my clients for the last 13 years...I should just focus on some different area of talents now...:)

Generally it looked more like begging for free massages and body treatments and desperate looking for excuses for that in an aggressive manner rather than professional approach so I had to explain that would probably not going to work for me.

They told I would receive 1 paycheck/training hours-2 weeks and I never received one, I contacted the spa manager about the problem and never received any reply.

So I guess I presented them 3 free massages plus the "horrible" wraps and scrubs they trained me at and received nothing but yelling and complaining about my cold hands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. First had a standard phone interview with basic questions. Then interviewed with the Head of the Department (she no longer works for the company). Finally, met with the Events Team, which was probably the most important part of the selection process. They want a person that is going to mesh well with the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun? (They want you to be a good fit for the team)   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyatt (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

the interview process was very easy and quick. it did not last more than twenty minutes. They offered me the job 4 hours after my interview. they asked what my future goals are, strengths and weakness, and asked what i would do in different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (Estero, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application. I received a call for an interview. My First Interview Consisted Of me meeting with the general manager and the head of housekeeping. I was given a tour if the property, looked at various room types and was told they would call me soon. I submitted my information online for my back ground check and was called in for my second interview. Before I knew it, later that day I got offer the position.

Interview Questions

• What do I do if someone would like a room without a reservation?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview on the second day that I applied for the position. Waited for a few days for an in personal interview. Got the offer after waiting for about two weeks after second interview.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly on customer service skills and the company itself. They also give you a good description of the position and ask you to answer questions on various situations you could be put in and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer