Hyatt

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a college recruiter on campus. Once the interview was completed the interviewer explained that I would hear back in a few weeks as they had to finish interviews at other campuses.

After a few weeks I recieved a phone call offering me a position in New Orleans.

Interview Question – How would you say that being an Eagle Scout has helped you through out school and professionally?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Director of Human Resources Wednesday October 9, 2013.He left a message. In his message he said "I was following up on the resume you submited, if you can please give me a call..." . About 10 minutes later I called him back and left a voicemail. I called back Thursday and Friday and left a message still no call back. I called back again on Monday, again no call back. Finally on Tuesday October 15, 2013 he finally answers. I tell him my name and that I recieved his voicemail about the open position and he says "I'm sorry we are going with other candidates for this position". This was the most rediculous thing that's ever happened during my job search process. I was completely baffled by the unprofessionalism.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – Very professional. Accommodating and of course, hospitable. People smiled when you met them. Interviewed with HR and DOS. Standard interview questions. I felt comfortable in the interview. I feel that is important. Brush up on the company's mission, values and products because questions like this or related to this were asked.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Changes in current company turned fortunate

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – Easy, and care free. Just have to take assessments and do your background paperwork online. Once everything is submitted, you don't have to do anything but wait for them to call you back.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy, and all pertained to customer service. Just be truthful, but you want to make sure that what ever you have to answer, the customer is always right.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. The rate is pretty much set, so you have to make up in your mind if it is enough for you to do the job.

Full Time Server Interview

Westlake Village, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2013.

Interview Details – WORST INTERVIEW PROCESS I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! Made it through 2 interviews, now don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter I didn't get the job, I'm upset that the restaurant mgr went out of her way to tell me I had the job in the bag only to go home to a "thanks but no thanks" email. I never asked how I did, she just gushed. I'm absolutely mortified and will never step into another Hyatt again as a result.

Interview Question – Why Hyatt?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Rooms Manager Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2011.

Interview Details – Great process. Several people in the room for the same job which made it a bit nerve racking. Proceeded to be interviewed by two of the top managers who were great! It was more of a personality test.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front Office Manager Interview

Front Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later I received a call. during the call there was a 30 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I was calld back in a week for a one on one interview. During the one on one interview I met with the Rooms Ex, HR and GM. After meeting with them I was told by HR someone would be in touch with me. After a week I got a call from HR and the Rooms Ex with a job offer. I accepted.

Interview Question – I was asked if I had an issue helping out in any department?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are given a certain rate of pay tell the employer that you are negotiable.

Host Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Went for 2 interviews and after the second one, The guy called me and asked for the references which I provided. After that I never heard back from them. I guess the references weren't as good.

Interview Question – Keep your jacket on, I insist, That is ok, you really can keep it on...   Answer Question

Position At Corporate Headquarters Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – I have applied twice to two different positions at the Corporate Headquarters and had the same experience in both cases. My first time was in 2002. I had a phone interview first and then an in-person interview. After the interview I followed up with HR and the Hiring Manager several times, however they went totally silent. No e-mails or phone calls were replied and after a few weeks I just assumed that I didn't get the job.

10 years later I thought I'd give it another try. I applied for another position in mid 2012. I was contacted by the hiring manager (department head) and received an invitation for a phone interview. The interview went great and this time I thought I'm smarter and asked during the interview what the next steps are. I was told that I will definitely hear from them again and that there's great interest. But the exact the same thing as 10 years ago happened again and they went totally silent. Any follow-ups via e-mail and phone remain unanswered.

An interesting fact is that I received a call many weeks later from somebody I know who works there and asked if I can recommend someone for another open position that they’re desperately trying to fill. Unfortunately I couldn’t recommend anybody based on the recent interview experience, unless of course somebody is really in an urgent need for a job.

Interview Question – Present business opportunities that Hyatt is currently not taking advantage of.   View Answer

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Marion, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2009.

Interview Details – Typical interview process: First screened by HR representative. 2. interview with team of hiring managers More in depth questions situation questions, nothing earth shattering. Actually congenial and fun. Be prepared with examples of your success, learn about the company. Last interview with Director GM more of will you fit in

Interview Question – None   Answer Question