Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.4

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly on customer service skills and the company itself. They also give you a good description of the position and ask you to answer questions on various situations you could be put in and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

One brief phone screening with a half hour in person interview a week after. The phone screening was a casual conversation with the Food and Beverage Manager. He basically was interested in gauging my understanding of the position and laying out his expectations for this role. The in person interview was conducted with the Food and Beverage manager as well as another assistant manager. The atmosphere and language was extremely casual.

Interview Questions

• Describe a place you remember for quality service.
      Describe a time when you felt cared for.

Answer Question

Overnight Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a position at the Andaz 5th ave, a Hyatt hotel. Took a written test that gave some simple culinary questions, then met with the chef for the interview who gave some outlandish scenarios and how I will deal with them. The Chef was quite serious about this entire process and did not really try to ease the tension in the room, which made me think twice about wanting to work under him during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If a group of important people visited for a multiple course meal, what will you cook?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

3 rounds of interview phone screen, face to face first round, and face to face second round. Decision made pretty quickly.met with three of the human resources team and the director for the city asked me about my past employment and gave me great tips on my interview

Interview Questions

• The usual why Hyatt and where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Terrible process! Met with 4 different managers then got offered the job. Then got called in again after being offered the position for another interview, then offered the position again. Once I got offered the job it took them three weeks to schedule me!!

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

What you would expect for an entry level interview. Personality, education, and previous employment questions. Lasted one day, met with the front desk manager and the rooms executive. Prepped me on what to expect and measured me for a uniform.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you have gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable. $10 an hour.

Restaurant/Bistro AM Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Fairly easy, started off slightly shaky because me and interviewer were quite nervous. Eventually Adam fell into interviewer mode and it made me feel more comfortable. He offered me a drink and snack, then went on to describe company ways and the job description itself. Was real laid back and easy. A week later another interview with the GM

Interview Questions

• Experience working with food? Interacting with business people?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in February 2015.

Interview

Responded to an online job ad for a position at Hyatt Place and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview.

The interview was held in the lobby. I was asked the basic interview questions and then explained the everyday duties of the position I applied for. After that, the interview was over and I was told that I will be contacted for a second interview by the general manager if I am still considered for the position.

Gallery Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Bloomington, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Was a lot of fun, joked. Around with manager. Reviews duties And skills from previous jobs. We toured the building and I got a drink. We discussed the salary, dress code, and the expectations of me when I got hired. Talked about what would need to be submitted before I could start work.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the duties of this job!?   1 Answer