Hyatt

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.4

Sales Event Manager Interview

My experiences were exactly as someone posted. I applied online for this position. No response or feedback that the resume was actually received and then three weeks later, I received a letter thanking me for taking time to talk to them, but the position was filled. I never spoke with any individual from the organization. ! This is absolutely disgusting behavior from a leading brand. I will not stay at a HYATT nor apply for a position at this chain again. If this is the way they treat potential candidates, then imagine how they treat their employees.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

First Skype interview i had ever done. Very positive experience, I interviewed with everyone back to back and was asked permission to run a background check the very next day. After that cleared I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Always hesitant to blurt out my first answer that comes to mind on any behavioral question.   View Answer
    na. ha

Assistant Executive Housekeeper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Hired Internally, Most of What I experienced and saw was that they are looking for outgoing and competent minded individuals.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

I had to interview with the Front Desk manager, Rooms Director, HR, and I had to meet with the GM. Kind of intimidating but worth it. I initially tried to get into a Supervisor position, however that didn't go well straight out of college. A recruiter informed me of the open position for entry level FO and I filled out an application and submitted my resume online. I heard back about two days later. I scheduled the interview and met with managers.

Interview Questions
    • idk, I always hate the standard why should we pick you questions. FO manager's questions were pointed and situational. Directors questions were vague and abstract. GM was just gauging my motivation and character.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as it was an entry level position and I was straight out of an undergraduate. The pay wasn't horrendous though.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2014.

hiring process was very smooth and timely. Paperwork on orientation day was well organized and beautifully managed. The hotel tour was thorough and lunch with the managers & owner was a treat!

Interview Questions
    I knew the offer would be for two shifts a week and I accepted. It was exactly what I expected.

Intern Interview

Pretty standard interview, however one woman was very unprofessional. While trying to expose my character, she mentioned a lot of drinking and partying which made for an uncomfortable experience. However, the other staff I met were very professional and kind.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hyatt.

I had Skype interview, because I was in France. Interview took about 15 minutes. When I came to hotel had meeting with HR, they gave me all the information what I need. Also we did a lot of paper work.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think I have had those question. Everything went smoothly. Because I well prepared.   Answer Question

VIP Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in March 2014.

Inter viewing was through several different people the hiring manager then the supervisor, then the director of rooms. They just asked about myself and my interpersonal skills and great customer service. They all pretty much liked me and what I had to offer. They were very pleasant and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything difficult about the questions they all were standard interview questions   View Answers (2)

I declined because the location of the Hyatt is in century city and I had prepared to move to long beach so it was absolutely out of the question the commute was to far.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in March 2014.

I got a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview but he was not going to be in. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was leaving next week to a different department. They asked basic questions such as why you would think you would be the best candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why Hyatt, and so on and so forth

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work at Hyatt instead of any other hotel in the city?   View Answer
    No negotiations, pay and benefits were firm

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied online. The interview process was fun and informative. You are taken through several interviews with different levels of managers to see if you meet the Hyatt standards. Great company to work for with lots of perks.