Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.4

Gallery Host Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a HR rep a few weeks ago about an "open call" for the Hyatt for the Gallery Host position. I get to the Hotel and first off the front desk associates didn't even know there was an "open call" to begin with so that's a red flag. Staff that isn't knowledgable about what's going on is a huge No No.

I go upstairs and it's not an open call it's just me and another guy interviewing for the same position. I agree to interview first and go into a conference room where I am to be interviewed by 3 managers at the same time (the female HR Rep), an Indian manager (I'm sure he's the front desk supervisor) and another guy who sat across the table from me.

The interview went well for the first 3 minutes then turned into a slight tirade about my capabilities for working for the company and pretty much I listened to them tell me why I wouldn't be a good fit. The Indian manager was on his phone the ENTIRE interview and only looked up to ask me a stupid question that had nothing to do with the interview. Second red flag here, if you weren't interested in interviewing me and I was boring then why even show up or have me show up? The other male manager kept asking me about my college career and other career opportunities then proceeded to tell me that the interview was a waste of time since I had other career goals I wanted to meet that I received my degree in. The third red flag was the management team making it seem as though my degree wasn't substantial enough when they aren't aware what I went through to even complete college. The last red flag was that one of the managers didn't even know the difference between a Bachelors of Arts and a Bachelors of Science.

That threw me for a loop because how can you be a manager and have a degree yourself and not be aware of the two? I wouldn't recommend this place solely based on the staff and the lack of diversity.

All of the minorities (Black and Hispanic) work as room service or where no one can really see them while the White and Asians work the front desk.

I'm almost 100% sure I didn't receive the position based on my skin color due to being Black because I had perfect references and a solid work history.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel this interview is a waste of time since you have other career goals in mind?   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 1.5 weeks later by phone. I conducted an on-phone interview with the assistant director of sales. The interview was very relaxed but that is the tell-tale trait of hyatt interviews. Its relaxed but the questions can be serious. I was told after the phone interview to expect a call to set up an in-person interview.

I was contacted by HR a week later and scheduled the onsite interview. It was very relaxed as well but I would recommend wearing your best business attire for this interview. I was interviewed by the director of sales for the hotel. It took place outside and was very nice. The typical kinds of questions were asked pertaining to sales history and computer related tasks as well as hospitality centered questions. An emphasis was placed on being able to multitask with multiple sales managers and be able to be interrupted many times throughout the day.

I was told that I would be contacted within the week if I was going to go to the next round of interviews and I was called the next morning by the director of sales to setup the final round which was two days later.

In this interview I met with two of the four sales managers that I would be working with on a daily basis. The interview was held outside and also was very relaxed however many important questions were asked. Be mindful that the most important thing I found for ALL the interviews that were in person was that you are given ample opportunity to pose several of your own questions. Do your homework as this might be a real chance to show you care about the job.

Finally I was told that they would meet with the director to give their feedback the following Monday. I was contacted for a background check Monday afternoon and was offered the job on Friday.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that made me think "OH NO!" Just basics like 2-5year plan, why the hyatt, and how are my technical skills with computers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none as this was not management, but entry level

Team Leader Interview

Interview

Two Step interview process, starting with a group interview and then a two person panel interview. Very standard behavioral and competency based interview questions on both. Waiting time for a hiring decision is not too long, usually within a week or so.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hyatt (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

It was pretty good. Talking with 4 ADOS then the DOS. They asked general questions like why you want to work here, what is your strength, your past working experience, introduce your self and so on so forth.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite animal   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Two interviews, very general questions. I was interviewed by three people, two at one time and once separately by the dept manager. Toured around the property, met the staff. I was a recent graduate and had no hotel experience so did not land the job. The sales manager suggested I come back again after I get some experience.

Interview Questions

• No question was very difficult. One example: How would you prioritize potential clients to pursue an account?   Answer Question

Grand Club Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online to be a Rooms Intern and got a call a week later saying that they canceled the internship for now. To which they asked me to apply and look at a few other positions that were open, so I applied to this one after the call and got a call that exact same day for a interview. The interview was pretty easy, they were really looking for someone who could work the shift hours. I interviewed with the HR, General Manager, Human Resources, and two other workers. They all asked the same questions. I have no hotel experience or college education(Gap year student), yet have other work experience. For advice, do you're research of the company they like a employee who knows the company and area.

Interview Questions

• Why work at the Hyatt?
      What do you know about the Hyatt?
      What do you know about the Area?
      What skills do you have and what skills do you think will help you in your career goal?
      What is your career goal?
      How will you help a angry customer?

Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt in June 2014.

Interview

Will meet with HR first, then Restaurant Manager, and them F&B director. Just show you have experience in the field, that you care about making guests happy, and also make sure to smile alot.

Interview Questions

• Easy interviews with everyone. Make sure to know sure brands of wines, spirits, liquors, and beers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation available. There starting rate for a bartender is $10/hour.

Interview

My experiences were exactly as someone posted. I applied online for this position. No response or feedback that the resume was actually received and then three weeks later, I received a letter thanking me for taking time to talk to them, but the position was filled. I never spoke with any individual from the organization. ! This is absolutely disgusting behavior from a leading brand. I will not stay at a HYATT nor apply for a position at this chain again. If this is the way they treat potential candidates, then imagine how they treat their employees.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

First Skype interview i had ever done. Very positive experience, I interviewed with everyone back to back and was asked permission to run a background check the very next day. After that cleared I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Always hesitant to blurt out my first answer that comes to mind on any behavioral question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

na. ha

Assistant Executive Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Hired Internally, Most of What I experienced and saw was that they are looking for outgoing and competent minded individuals.