Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I had an initial interview with the recruiting manager then she took me up to the front desk manager lastly I interviewed with assistant director of rooms. All were very friendly loved the fact I was a hospitality management graduate and had a great personality and were willing to bring me on board fresh out of school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate but explained my long term goals of moving up in the company

Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

Interview

Completed an online application. Received a call a couple of weeks later to schedule an interview. My interview was the following day. The interviewer was pleasant. She went over the duties of the position and the requirements the hotel has set forth for home agents and well as onsite agents. Basic interview questions and the entire conversation lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Before we ended the called, she informed me that a background check and employee verification was the next step, and that there were other applicants still needing to be interviewed and I would hear back in 5-7 days.

6 days later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, if you are knowledgeable of the customer service and sales field. My suggestion is to be honest and build rapport with the interviewer quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate is already set. Negotiation was involved in the process.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Clearwater, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a very personal one-on-one interview with the Payroll Manager who was very inviting and comfortable to speak with. The interview played out like a natural conversation between the Payroll Manager and I where she'd discuss the company industry, reorganizations taking place, the new systems implementations that were needed and about to be rolled out, etc. In return, I'd bounce off her presentation of the company and Payroll Coordinator role, sharing my previous experiences and knowledge that would allow me to team up and make significant contributions to the department that i felt were necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the Payroll Coordinator position. I felt very welcomed and optimistic walking out of my interview, thinking that I connected with the Payroll Manager on a professional and personal level. The interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• No questions in particular, accept the ones you have for the Payroll Manager herself. This was a conversation/discussion, not a traditional Q&A interview.   Answer Question

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was contacted via phone 2 days after I applied for the position and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the front office manager and he asked basic questions...what's your goal, why do you want to work for Hyatt...nothing difficult. A few min later I met with the assistant director of rooms and we just spoke casually about the property, company and my past experience.

Interview Questions

• If I could be any shoe, what kind would I be   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line then drove to the hotel and presented myself and my resume to the concierge. She took me to HR and after checking that all was correct in the on-line submission an HR person screened/interviewed me. I three days later I had a second interview with the Hiring Manager, then about four days later I had a third interview with the HM and the department Director.Following the third interview there is a 5-7 day wait as they do your background check as well as reference check. The entire process was smooth and HR was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me my asking salary.

Assistant Banquet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter at a campus job fair before graduation. The recruiter had an informational seminar they day before the job fairs and scheduled interviews at the job fair. The recruiter likes to see that you are prepared, as you should be. Fill out the application and job test online beforehand and turn in a copy in person. Recruiters are very personable and want to get an idea about the person, not necessarily about technical skills and knowledge. Also, you are asked to give the top 3 locations you would prefer and they make you offer based on those if available.

Interview Questions

• Examples about turning around situations with customer care, why this specific industry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, all trainees are brought in at a specific salary based on the area and hotel income. Benefits package is nice and there is a raise in 6 months and each year.

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Very easy interview process...phone with GM. Face to face with food and bev supervisor. Was offered the job after 24 hrs..background ck took about 2 days. Started as soon as he background ck and have been offered more hours already.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Intern Interview

Interview

typicall interview nothing extensive or any difficult questions you go through 3 interviews very easy typical questions it felt like the interview is just to see what type of personality you have and what type of person you are

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

First received a phone call from HR asking standard questions for the position. I then was asked to schedule an in person interview. I met with two sales managers and it was more of a get to know me interview and was very relaxed. I was asked normal questions about working as a team and my previous experience. After this I was called to come in for the final interview. Here I met with 5 different people and were told in more detail about the position and asked normal questions. All of them asked why hyatt and why this position.