Hyatt Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Bell Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview went very easy due to it being Sumer time and short staff along with my experience. I was able to do all 3 interviews the same day and hired a few days later. Always go in being honest in the hotel industry. If you're not excited about the job you're applying for in the hospitality business then you're looking in the wrong place for a job and you won't be happy long.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions for me because of my experience and enthusiasm for the job. Maybe one surprise was when the GM asked what promotion goals I had and I said this was what I wanted to do. He responded with isn't it much harder to be a bellman these days?   View Answer
    No negotiation for a minimum wage job with tips.

Storeroom Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2014.

I was caught off guard with a phone interview. Called two days ago but wisely let it go to voicemail as i did not recognize the number. Called back today and spoke to the HR person. She was nice on the phone but i again did not expect a phone interview as this was not stated in the message on my voicemail. What i expected was to be set up with a 1-1 interview. I was courteous and she did come across a little abrasive towards the end. I will probably not apply for a job at any Hyatt again,

Interview Questions
    • Asked about why i did not want to work holidays,   View Answer
    • explain what you do at your current job   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt.

The hiring processes was easy and enjoyable. Laid back.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt.

Just received a letter stating I wasn't what they were looking for- I believe if they had met me they would think differently.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Applied online interview was less than week later

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2013.

Interviewed with Sales Managers and Director of Sales. Very basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

N/A

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2011.

The interviewing process was very easy, It felt like they were being very accommodating to your experience.

Interview Questions
    • It was the usual questions asked like "tell me about yourself" and "what makes you choice Hyatt as a career"   Answer Question

Van Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2011.

Staff was very professional and courteous. Hotel is great location and nice place to work. Interviews are behavioral style. Be prepared to have specific stories about your prior guest service experience. The more detailed the better. A manager and supervisor were present for my interview. The entire interview only took about a half hour followed by a quick tour of the hotel.

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Key West, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2012.

Online application, phone interview, initial interview with HR Director, final interview with Director of Catering. Received job offer within 1 week after final interview.

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
      - How will you deal with difficult clients who now have a new manager to work with?
      - Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how was it resolved?
        Answer Question
    There was little negotiation other than the start date. The salary, benefits, and job requirements were firm.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hyatt.

Wasn't too bad if you know your stuff

Amazing place, but found another direction