Hyatt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Office Agent Interview

Front Office Agent
Santa Ana Pueblo, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted a week after applying online and had two interviews back to back.

Interview Question – Will you have any problem being in a support role with little control?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate and was misleading about hours of position as well the teamwork environment.

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Position was had an immediate need to be filled, so took about a week after I applied before I got a call, but then scheduled an interview for the next day and got the job offer the following day. Interview process was fairly straight forward and very pleasant. Interviewed with both AGMs and after going through my qualifications and basic interview, they went over various scenarios and asked me if I was comfortable working in those types of environments and wanted to be sure I would be a good fit – examples included sudden and drastic changes in company policies, guest complaints, driving a large passenger van, preparing food service in middle of night on top of front desk and audit duties.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why not the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Corporate Intern Interview

Corporate Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was different from the standard process because the position was last minute added. There were many applications for the position but it needed to be filled sooner. I had 3 phone interviews with my direct supervisor, the director of the department and the HR corporate recruiter. I didn't have any in-person interviews. The questions were all very standard and the process was very welcoming.

Outlets Supervisor Interview

Outlets Supervisor
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was a transfer from another property so my interview process was a little different.
- Received a call the same day as I applied
- Interviewed 2 days later for the position
  - Interviewed with GM, F&B Director, Outlets Director, and Assistant Outlets Manager
- Interview itself was smooth but long, took approx. 4 hours

Interview Question – Tell me about your favorite wines and why you like them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took 3 weeks and a lot of back and forth to get an offer as all managers went on vacation while trying to hire a new manager for their department. There was no negotiation on salary or benefits.

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had to apply online and waited for an initial call from the HR department in Chicago. After that they did an initial screening and scheduled the phone interview. The phone interview went well and was pleasant.

Interview Question – It was all expected questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a college recruiter on campus. Once the interview was completed the interviewer explained that I would hear back in a few weeks as they had to finish interviews at other campuses.

After a few weeks I recieved a phone call offering me a position in New Orleans.

Interview Question – How would you say that being an Eagle Scout has helped you through out school and professionally?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Director of Human Resources Wednesday October 9, 2013.He left a message. In his message he said "I was following up on the resume you submited, if you can please give me a call..." . About 10 minutes later I called him back and left a voicemail. I called back Thursday and Friday and left a message still no call back. I called back again on Monday, again no call back. Finally on Tuesday October 15, 2013 he finally answers. I tell him my name and that I recieved his voicemail about the open position and he says "I'm sorry we are going with other candidates for this position". This was the most rediculous thing that's ever happened during my job search process. I was completely baffled by the unprofessionalism.

Waiter Interview

Waiter
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in December 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was easy - had a restaurant supervisor ask the standard questions ( what do you like about serving, what shifts are you available, none too challenging). The department head came out and introduced himself to me briefly. when hired he and one other supervisor called to welcome me to the Hyatt team.

Interview Question – None really. I got the feeling the interviewer was new at it, didn't know what to ask. She did ask what I liked about being a server and how I handled customer complaints.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for my position, a standard hourly rate. Did accept my restrictions on the schedule (nights only, not available Wednesday)

PBX Operator Interview

PBX Operator
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a breeze.They called me back to meet with the department mgr and I thought I did okay but he was so stern and straight forward I got nervous. But overall I knew I didn't what the job after they told me what the start pay for the position would be. I'm glad they passed.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Gallery Host

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview, then a second interview and then after a week i had to job

Interview Question – What would you do if the guest saw a cockroach?   View Answer