Hyatt

2.4

PBX Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in September 2013.

The first interview was a breeze.They called me back to meet with the department mgr and I thought I did okay but he was so stern and straight forward I got nervous. But overall I knew I didn't what the job after they told me what the start pay for the position would be. I'm glad they passed.

Regency Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

The interview had standard questions and took quite a long time. There wasn't anything difficult to answer, just quite a few people to go through.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Easy, and care free. Just have to take assessments and do your background paperwork online. Once everything is submitted, you don't have to do anything but wait for them to call you back.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were easy, and all pertained to customer service. Just be truthful, but you want to make sure that what ever you have to answer, the customer is always right.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. The rate is pretty much set, so you have to make up in your mind if it is enough for you to do the job.

On-Call Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

The hiring process has to be started online at the careers section of the corporate website, so do this first; make a profile and apply for the job you want in your local Hyatt. Be persistent; HR is busy, so call them every day asking for an interview. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. It's common to be accepted and then immediately thrown to the wolves in Banquets.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

I had to apply online and waited for an initial call from the HR department in Chicago. After that they did an initial screening and scheduled the phone interview. The phone interview went well and was pleasant.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Koloa, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Koloa, HI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

I heard the hiring process has changed lately. Now in the state of Hawaii they require some security guard card which I believe is obtained by sitting through a 8 hour class or something like that and at the end you are given this card. The interview was fairly straight forward. HR will be the first to interview you and they will determine right away if you will be introduced or not to the Security director. If you get introduced to the security director chances are you got the job. If not then better luck next time. After that they call and let you know if you got the job and then you are scheduled for an orientation and they will ask you when you can start working. If you so choose you can start work immediately after orientation if your shift is in the evening or graveyard etc.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years in regards to employment? I was honest and said this was a temporary gig for me and I was waiting on something else to come up. It's a tricky question because I don't want to lie and say I plan on making this job my career and staying here till retirement etc... That's a lie and it shows no signs to want anything more then whatever you are applying for. I sucked it up told the truth and still got hired even though they knew I was in the hiring process for something else. My advice be honest...   View Answer

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

One Interview with hr and only with the manager of the department. Your department manager makes the final decision so make a great impression. Do a little research on your department before your interview

Interview Questions
    • They ask you a lot of corporate questions about the company! Do your research.   Answer Question
    • They ask a lot of common since questions but try to confuse you so just stay focus.   Answer Question
    There was none! You get the job and that's it. You start with base pay

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

I worked with the company prior to this position. I was interviewed over the phone and then offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite color and why? What does that color mean to you?   View Answer
    The position was not negotiable, there was a small moving expense allowance, but that was it.

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana Pueblo, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana Pueblo, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in July 2013.

Was contacted a week after applying online and had two interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • Will you have any problem being in a support role with little control?   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate and was misleading about hours of position as well the teamwork environment.

Full Time Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in July 2013.

WORST INTERVIEW PROCESS I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! Made it through 2 interviews, now don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter I didn't get the job, I'm upset that the restaurant mgr went out of her way to tell me I had the job in the bag only to go home to a "thanks but no thanks" email. I never asked how I did, she just gushed. I'm absolutely mortified and will never step into another Hyatt again as a result.