Hyatt

Relevance Date Difficulty

PBX Operator Interview

PBX Operator
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a breeze.They called me back to meet with the department mgr and I thought I did okay but he was so stern and straight forward I got nervous. But overall I knew I didn't what the job after they told me what the start pay for the position would be. I'm glad they passed.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

Gallery Host

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview, then a second interview and then after a week i had to job

Interview Question – What would you do if the guest saw a cockroach?   View Answer

Corporate Intern Interview

Corporate Intern

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – School held a career fair for hospitality students and went to the information session. Signed up for an interview. Was interviewed the next day. Heard back from them 3 weeks later for a job acceptance.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation when you performed guest satisfaction.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – Very professional. Accommodating and of course, hospitable. People smiled when you met them. Interviewed with HR and DOS. Standard interview questions. I felt comfortable in the interview. I feel that is important. Brush up on the company's mission, values and products because questions like this or related to this were asked.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Changes in current company turned fortunate

Regency Club Attendant Interview

Regency Club Attendant
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – The interview had standard questions and took quite a long time. There wasn't anything difficult to answer, just quite a few people to go through.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – Easy, and care free. Just have to take assessments and do your background paperwork online. Once everything is submitted, you don't have to do anything but wait for them to call you back.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy, and all pertained to customer service. Just be truthful, but you want to make sure that what ever you have to answer, the customer is always right.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. The rate is pretty much set, so you have to make up in your mind if it is enough for you to do the job.

Very Easy Interview

On-Call Banquet Server Interview

On-Call Banquet Server
Albuquerque, NM

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – The hiring process has to be started online at the careers section of the corporate website, so do this first; make a profile and apply for the job you want in your local Hyatt. Be persistent; HR is busy, so call them every day asking for an interview. Good Luck!

Interview Question – Are you easily offended?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. It's common to be accepted and then immediately thrown to the wolves in Banquets.

Catering Coordinator Interview

Catering Coordinator
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2013.

Interview Details – Degree really helps. Experience is key. They do most of the hiring from within for upper level level jobs so you need to start at the bottom to work up to the top.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – I worked with the company prior to this position. I was interviewed over the phone and then offered a position.

Interview Question – What is your favorite color and why? What does that color mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position was not negotiable, there was a small moving expense allowance, but that was it.

Full Time Server Interview

Full Time Server
Westlake Village, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2013.

Interview Details – WORST INTERVIEW PROCESS I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! Made it through 2 interviews, now don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter I didn't get the job, I'm upset that the restaurant mgr went out of her way to tell me I had the job in the bag only to go home to a "thanks but no thanks" email. I never asked how I did, she just gushed. I'm absolutely mortified and will never step into another Hyatt again as a result.

Interview Question – Why Hyatt?   View Answer