Hyatt Night Auditor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

What you would expect for an entry level interview. Personality, education, and previous employment questions. Lasted one day, met with the front desk manager and the rooms executive. Prepped me on what to expect and measured me for a uniform.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you have gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for a part-time Night Auditor position at a Hyatt property through a career website, and within 24 hours I received a response. Some time later, the HR manager called me to schedule an interview, and also assessed my background and interests. On the day of, I arrived about 15 minutes early and informed the front desk staff of my interview. They were extremely courteous and offered to call the HR manager to meet me in the beautiful open-air lobby of the hotel. The lobby actually turned out to be the site for the interview, which gave it a much more relaxed atmosphere. The HR manager was very polite and asked a variety of questions, such as my education in accounting/hospitality; situations that would justify an absence; my experience with Excel; future aspirations; examples of when I had to work on a team or meet a deadline; and why I felt I was suited for this position. After the interview (which lasted about 20-25 minutes), the HR manager called over the Housekeeping manager for a second opinion, and he was quite friendly as well. Some days later, they called me back to extend the offer, and I have been working at the Hyatt property ever since. The staff is again very courteous and supportive of one another, from the top all the way down, and is a prime example of teamwork in the workplace. Can't complain about the beautiful lobby either.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel that you are best suited for this position at the Hyatt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Tempe, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very fun and informative about the culture of the company. I initially met wit one manager and they liked me so ,much that I got a chance to meet with the other manager.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview but he was not going to be in. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was leaving next week to a different department. They asked basic questions such as why you would think you would be the best candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why Hyatt, and so on and so forth

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Hyatt instead of any other hotel in the city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, pay and benefits were firm

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyatt (Estero, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application. I received a call for an interview. My First Interview Consisted Of me meeting with the general manager and the head of housekeeping. I was given a tour if the property, looked at various room types and was told they would call me soon. I submitted my information online for my back ground check and was called in for my second interview. Before I knew it, later that day I got offer the position.

Interview Questions

• What do I do if someone would like a room without a reservation?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Position was had an immediate need to be filled, so took about a week after I applied before I got a call, but then scheduled an interview for the next day and got the job offer the following day. Interview process was fairly straight forward and very pleasant. Interviewed with both AGMs and after going through my qualifications and basic interview, they went over various scenarios and asked me if I was comfortable working in those types of environments and wanted to be sure I would be a good fit – examples included sudden and drastic changes in company policies, guest complaints, driving a large passenger van, preparing food service in middle of night on top of front desk and audit duties.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why not the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I first got the call for am invitation for an interview. I arrived early, filled out a background consent form and was lead to a ballroom where other interviews were taking place. I first met with an HR representative who asked general questions. He passed me on to interview with the Front Office Managers. It was two gentlemen. They explained more in depth what the position entailed and their expectations of the person chose for the position. Interviewing with these two was the most relaxed interview I've ever had. They were comfortable, warm, hospitable and was like having a conversation with my friends. They passed me along to the Executive of rooms which was my last interview. I was initially intimidated and a little nervous because I knew this was it. He basically gave me scenarios as to the types of situations I would be deal with and wanted to know how I would handle them. When we were done, he told me an HR representative will show me out. She came over and said that they all loved me and that they would like to offer a Position pending my background. Background took less than a week. All references and former employers were called. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None