Hyatt

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview but he was not going to be in. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was leaving next week to a different department. They asked basic questions such as why you would think you would be the best candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why Hyatt, and so on and so forth

Interview Question – Why would you want to work at Hyatt instead of any other hotel in the city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, pay and benefits were firm

Night Auditor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Position was had an immediate need to be filled, so took about a week after I applied before I got a call, but then scheduled an interview for the next day and got the job offer the following day. Interview process was fairly straight forward and very pleasant. Interviewed with both AGMs and after going through my qualifications and basic interview, they went over various scenarios and asked me if I was comfortable working in those types of environments and wanted to be sure I would be a good fit – examples included sudden and drastic changes in company policies, guest complaints, driving a large passenger van, preparing food service in middle of night on top of front desk and audit duties.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why not the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2012.

Interview Details – I first got the call for am invitation for an interview. I arrived early, filled out a background consent form and was lead to a ballroom where other interviews were taking place. I first met with an HR representative who asked general questions. He passed me on to interview with the Front Office Managers. It was two gentlemen. They explained more in depth what the position entailed and their expectations of the person chose for the position. Interviewing with these two was the most relaxed interview I've ever had. They were comfortable, warm, hospitable and was like having a conversation with my friends. They passed me along to the Executive of rooms which was my last interview. I was initially intimidated and a little nervous because I knew this was it. He basically gave me scenarios as to the types of situations I would be deal with and wanted to know how I would handle them. When we were done, he told me an HR representative will show me out. She came over and said that they all loved me and that they would like to offer a Position pending my background. Background took less than a week. All references and former employers were called. I accepted the position.

Interview Question – How would you deal with this . . . . and that?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Plantation, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2011.

Interview Details – the process was very easy

Interview Question – what cain a experience do you have   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2011.

Interview Details – This was a very informal interview. With my college majors, I am sure they felt I was qualified. Basically, they just informed me of the job duties and the benefits and salary that came with it. No interview questions were asked. Just "how did you hear about this position" and "do you have reliable transportation". It sounded like I had the job but a second person came over and commented that they thought I would be best suited for a different position within the company. So far I have been told of three different positions and no interview questions. I have met four very prominent individuals of the company. No offers yet, but I hope to hear of one soon.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!