Hyatt Regency

Getting the Interview

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Executive Housekeeper Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – Hired Internally, Most of What I experienced and saw was that they are looking for outgoing and competent minded individuals.

Interview Question – What can you change. (so much to do there   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – I had to interview with the Front Desk manager, Rooms Director, HR, and I had to meet with the GM. Kind of intimidating but worth it. I initially tried to get into a Supervisor position, however that didn't go well straight out of college. A recruiter informed me of the open position for entry level FO and I filled out an application and submitted my resume online. I heard back about two days later. I scheduled the interview and met with managers.

Interview Question – idk, I always hate the standard why should we pick you questions. FO manager's questions were pointed and situational. Directors questions were vague and abstract. GM was just gauging my motivation and character.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as it was an entry level position and I was straight out of an undergraduate. The pay wasn't horrendous though.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Food and Beverage Supervisor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – I had Skype interview, because I was in France. Interview took about 15 minutes. When I came to hotel had meeting with HR, they gave me all the information what I need. Also we did a lot of paper work.

Interview Question – I do not think I have had those question. Everything went smoothly. Because I well prepared.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – Applied online. The interview process was fun and informative. You are taken through several interviews with different levels of managers to see if you meet the Hyatt standards. Great company to work for with lots of perks.

Interview Question – Typical serving and personality questions   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Intern Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt Regency in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then in person. Three in total. Was connected to hr through my college advisor. Started with a phone interview and progressed to in-person interview. Was more like getting to know each other rather than an interview format.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Hyatt?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Bell Attendant Interview

Bell Attendant
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – Interview went very easy due to it being Sumer time and short staff along with my experience. I was able to do all 3 interviews the same day and hired a few days later. Always go in being honest in the hotel industry. If you're not excited about the job you're applying for in the hospitality business then you're looking in the wrong place for a job and you won't be happy long.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions for me because of my experience and enthusiasm for the job. Maybe one surprise was when the GM asked what promotion goals I had and I said this was what I wanted to do. He responded with isn't it much harder to be a bellman these days?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for a minimum wage job with tips.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – The hiring processes was easy and enjoyable. Laid back.

Interview Question – Not really one that I can think of.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hyatt Regency.

Interview Details – Applied online interview was less than week later

Interview Question – How do you like to be managed   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Sales Administrative Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt Regency in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Sales Managers and Director of Sales. Very basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Front Office Agent Interview

Santa Ana Pueblo, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt Regency in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted a week after applying online and had two interviews back to back.

Interview Question – Will you have any problem being in a support role with little control?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate and was misleading about hours of position as well the teamwork environment.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyatt Regency

Worked for Hyatt Regency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyatt Regency interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hyatt Regency employees and interview candidates.