Hyatt

116 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt.

I had an initial interview with the recruiting manager then she took me up to the front desk manager lastly I interviewed with assistant director of rooms. All were very friendly loved the fact I was a hospitality management graduate and had a great personality and were willing to bring me on board fresh out of school.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate but explained my long term goals of moving up in the company

Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

Completed an online application. Received a call a couple of weeks later to schedule an interview. My interview was the following day. The interviewer was pleasant. She went over the duties of the position and the requirements the hotel has set forth for home agents and well as onsite agents. Basic interview questions and the entire conversation lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Before we ended the called, she informed me that a background check and employee verification was the next step, and that there were other applicants still needing to be interviewed and I would hear back in 5-7 days.

6 days later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, if you are knowledgeable of the customer service and sales field. My suggestion is to be honest and build rapport with the interviewer quickly.   Answer Question
    The pay rate is already set. Negotiation was involved in the process.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2014.

I applied on-line then drove to the hotel and presented myself and my resume to the concierge. She took me to HR and after checking that all was correct in the on-line submission an HR person screened/interviewed me. I three days later I had a second interview with the Hiring Manager, then about four days later I had a third interview with the HM and the department Director.Following the third interview there is a 5-7 day wait as they do your background check as well as reference check. The entire process was smooth and HR was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    They gave me my asking salary.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

One Interview with hr and only with the manager of the department. Your department manager makes the final decision so make a great impression. Do a little research on your department before your interview

Interview Questions
    • They ask you a lot of corporate questions about the company! Do your research.   Answer Question
    • They ask a lot of common since questions but try to confuse you so just stay focus.   Answer Question
    There was none! You get the job and that's it. You start with base pay

General Engineering Maintenance Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2010.

Two phone calls,1:1 interview.. basic questions..Orientation good training one or two weeks depends of the position..Check you background.. Two persons conduct the interview process one from Human Resources and one of the department Manager

No chance to negotiate..

Gallery Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2014.

I received a call from a HR rep a few weeks ago about an "open call" for the Hyatt for the Gallery Host position. I get to the Hotel and first off the front desk associates didn't even know there was an "open call" to begin with so that's a red flag. Staff that isn't knowledgable about what's going on is a huge No No.

I go upstairs and it's not an open call it's just me and another guy interviewing for the same position. I agree to interview first and go into a conference room where I am to be interviewed by 3 managers at the same time (the female HR Rep), an Indian manager (I'm sure he's the front desk supervisor) and another guy who sat across the table from me.

The interview went well for the first 3 minutes then turned into a slight tirade about my capabilities for working for the company and pretty much I listened to them tell me why I wouldn't be a good fit. The Indian manager was on his phone the ENTIRE interview and only looked up to ask me a stupid question that had nothing to do with the interview. Second red flag here, if you weren't interested in interviewing me and I was boring then why even show up or have me show up? The other male manager kept asking me about my college career and other career opportunities then proceeded to tell me that the interview was a waste of time since I had other career goals I wanted to meet that I received my degree in. The third red flag was the management team making it seem as though my degree wasn't substantial enough when they aren't aware what I went through to even complete college. The last red flag was that one of the managers didn't even know the difference between a Bachelors of Arts and a Bachelors of Science.

That threw me for a loop because how can you be a manager and have a degree yourself and not be aware of the two? I wouldn't recommend this place solely based on the staff and the lack of diversity.

All of the minorities (Black and Hispanic) work as room service or where no one can really see them while the White and Asians work the front desk.

I'm almost 100% sure I didn't receive the position based on my skin color due to being Black because I had perfect references and a solid work history.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel this interview is a waste of time since you have other career goals in mind?   Answer Question

Recreation Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in May 2010.

I applied through the company's website. I received an initial phone call in early May about my interest and availability. I had a followup phone call with basic interview questions. Then I got a third phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. Asked about experience working with children.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2014.

Will meet with HR first, then Restaurant Manager, and them F&B director. Just show you have experience in the field, that you care about making guests happy, and also make sure to smile alot.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interviews with everyone. Make sure to know sure brands of wines, spirits, liquors, and beers.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation available. There starting rate for a bartender is $10/hour.

VIP Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2014.

Inter viewing was through several different people the hiring manager then the supervisor, then the director of rooms. They just asked about myself and my interpersonal skills and great customer service. They all pretty much liked me and what I had to offer. They were very pleasant and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything difficult about the questions they all were standard interview questions   View Answer

I declined because the location of the Hyatt is in century city and I had prepared to move to long beach so it was absolutely out of the question the commute was to far.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted 1.5 weeks later by phone. I conducted an on-phone interview with the assistant director of sales. The interview was very relaxed but that is the tell-tale trait of hyatt interviews. Its relaxed but the questions can be serious. I was told after the phone interview to expect a call to set up an in-person interview.

I was contacted by HR a week later and scheduled the onsite interview. It was very relaxed as well but I would recommend wearing your best business attire for this interview. I was interviewed by the director of sales for the hotel. It took place outside and was very nice. The typical kinds of questions were asked pertaining to sales history and computer related tasks as well as hospitality centered questions. An emphasis was placed on being able to multitask with multiple sales managers and be able to be interrupted many times throughout the day.

I was told that I would be contacted within the week if I was going to go to the next round of interviews and I was called the next morning by the director of sales to setup the final round which was two days later.

In this interview I met with two of the four sales managers that I would be working with on a daily basis. The interview was held outside and also was very relaxed however many important questions were asked. Be mindful that the most important thing I found for ALL the interviews that were in person was that you are given ample opportunity to pose several of your own questions. Do your homework as this might be a real chance to show you care about the job.

Finally I was told that they would meet with the director to give their feedback the following Monday. I was contacted for a background check Monday afternoon and was offered the job on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that made me think "OH NO!" Just basics like 2-5year plan, why the hyatt, and how are my technical skills with computers.   Answer Question
    There was none as this was not management, but entry level

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!