Hyatt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – typicall interview nothing extensive or any difficult questions you go through 3 interviews very easy typical questions it felt like the interview is just to see what type of personality you have and what type of person you are

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR process was very disorganized. I had to deal with two different recruiters, and the communication was horrible. Once I made it through that gauntlet and was able to talk to real employees, the process was great.

Interview Question – The global head of technology asked me so many difficult and thoughtful questions I can't recall most of them. Many were around my hobbies, dreams and aspirations. I left the interview so inspired I have never wanted a job so badly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. Incredible environment to work in.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Sales Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – First received a phone call from HR asking standard questions for the position. I then was asked to schedule an in person interview. I met with two sales managers and it was more of a get to know me interview and was very relaxed. I was asked normal questions about working as a team and my previous experience. After this I was called to come in for the final interview. Here I met with 5 different people and were told in more detail about the position and asked normal questions. All of them asked why hyatt and why this position.

Interview Question – Nothing was too hard, everything you would expect.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – Two Step interview process, starting with a group interview and then a two person panel interview. Very standard behavioral and competency based interview questions on both. Waiting time for a hiring decision is not too long, usually within a week or so.

Interview Question – Any behavioral question.   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2014.

Interview Details – hiring process was very smooth and timely. Paperwork on orientation day was well organized and beautifully managed. The hotel tour was thorough and lunch with the managers & owner was a treat!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I knew the offer would be for two shifts a week and I accepted. It was exactly what I expected.

Grand Club Attendant Interview

Grand Club Attendant
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online to be a Rooms Intern and got a call a week later saying that they canceled the internship for now. To which they asked me to apply and look at a few other positions that were open, so I applied to this one after the call and got a call that exact same day for a interview. The interview was pretty easy, they were really looking for someone who could work the shift hours. I interviewed with the HR, General Manager, Human Resources, and two other workers. They all asked the same questions. I have no hotel experience or college education(Gap year student), yet have other work experience. For advice, do you're research of the company they like a employee who knows the company and area.

Interview Question – Why work at the Hyatt?
What do you know about the Hyatt?
What do you know about the Area?
What skills do you have and what skills do you think will help you in your career goal?
What is your career goal?
How will you help a angry customer?
  Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – Two interviews, very general questions. I was interviewed by three people, two at one time and once separately by the dept manager. Toured around the property, met the staff. I was a recent graduate and had no hotel experience so did not land the job. The sales manager suggested I come back again after I get some experience.

Interview Question – No question was very difficult. One example: How would you prioritize potential clients to pursue an account?   Answer Question

Sales Event Manager Interview

Sales Event Manager

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details – My experiences were exactly as someone posted. I applied online for this position. No response or feedback that the resume was actually received and then three weeks later, I received a letter thanking me for taking time to talk to them, but the position was filled. I never spoke with any individual from the organization. ! This is absolutely disgusting behavior from a leading brand. I will not stay at a HYATT nor apply for a position at this chain again. If this is the way they treat potential candidates, then imagine how they treat their employees.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Food and Beverage Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details – First Skype interview i had ever done. Very positive experience, I interviewed with everyone back to back and was asked permission to run a background check the very next day. After that cleared I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Question – Always hesitant to blurt out my first answer that comes to mind on any behavioral question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – na. ha

Steward Interview

Steward
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2012.

Interview Details – From the moment I was contacted to come in for my first interview, I realized that this was a different level of quality and service than I was used to. My interview was less anxious than anticipated and thoroughly satisfying after hearing that o was shifted to the next step. The interviewer was thorough for good reason. And I especially appreciate the communication put forth on his part in keeping me updated.

Interview Question – There was an incident o had wanted to keep discreet and the interviewer was courteous enough to make me aware that he was aware of the incident but reassured n
Me that it would go no further than our conversation. That made me feel at peace.
  Answer Question

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!