Hydro One Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Protection & Control University Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, HR from Hydro One contacted the school within a weeks time. Interview was setup at the downtown location

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioural questions: Tell me about yourself? Past expeiences? What mde you to choose this field? Technical Questions: Colour codes in the wall? Line Losses? What devices would you find in a substaion?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. As this was an intern position, they paid more attention to the applicants' willingness to learn and the potential to grow. The interview took around 40 minutes and the turnaround was less than a week before hearing back.

New Grad Engineer (EIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was in 3 steps Step 1: phone interview Usually 5min call from hr asking u about ur self etc etc and informing you about the interview Step 2: in person interview 60min technical interview 90min behavioral interview 5min presentation on a technical project/document you prepared Step 3: phyco test If you dod great for the in person interview you get selected for the test which usually means you were in the short lost of people. 50-50% chance of getting in

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions were more difficult then the technical question.   Answer Question

Student Co Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic Interview. Just asked about qualifications,why interested in H1, what do you plan on doing in the future.

Another offer accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail for a phone interview. There was roughly 10-15 questions, very typical interview questions (strengths, conflict, tell me about yourself etc.) I was interviewed by 2 individuals. They explained their roles and the position very well and I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting questions regarding the organization and the division- nothing!   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Standard on site interview with four interviewers (direct manager and three other members of the team). Interview started by going over past work experience as listed on resume. Be ready to explain any points listed on resume in detail (use the STAR method). Various scenarios are presented and one must best explain how they would resolve such an issue or react in such a situation. Think outside the box or past your resume when preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself that is not listed on your resume that makes you an excellent fit for this position?   Answer Question

Generations Connections - Internship 12 Month Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Called me in for an interview at the Toronto office. Lasted about 1 hour. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few basic interview questions. Asked about transformers, line losses, generators, differences between motor and generator, line losses, etc etc

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- Quick telephone interview (15 min) - In person technical and behaviour interview with Manager and HR (1-2 hours). Was asked various technical question regarding the electrical industry and behavioural questions on dealing with different types of people or situations. - On line psychometric test (no time limit) - mix logic and aptitude questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, general questions regarding the industry and people behaviour   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, everything is fixed due to union environment.

Project Managemenet Intern Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied via school's career portal and via the Hydro One website right before the deadline. Sent my resume, cover letter and transcript. The cover letter was tailored to a project management position. GPA was OK around a 3 out of a 4 scale. I booked my interview via my school's career portal. It was conducted at their main office 483 Bay street (near the eaton center). I was brought in the room 5 minutes before the interview started by the Project Manager. An HR rep came shortly after; 2 people were interviewing me. Before the HR rep came, we talked about Hydro One, my interests in the position and my elligibility since there were a few reqs. When the HR rep came in, we introduced each other and they started asking the interview questions, they both had a bunch of papers from which they were asking questions from and it went pretty well. Some of the questions they asked me: -What do you see yourself doing in the future, follow up: how does this position help you. -What would your old boss say about you, how was your relationship w/ him. -What do you know about Hydro One (which we had already talked about, the HR rep wasnt there so he asked it again). -What are some of the challenges that hydro one faces. -How did you hear about this position. What are going to be some of your duties (so you know what your getting yourself into). -They seemed to be big on communication so they asked what would you do if one of your teamates didn;t finish his work on time. (to which the answer was that you would pull him aside and tell him that he should finish it next time, to where he explains to you why he didn;t fnish it and you udnerstand his side of the story. Calling your team member out in front of the others is something you should never do.) -The job was for a construction management position so he asked me what I knew about construction and the business. I answered by talking about the construction phases, 1. determine reqs 2) procurement method (design bid build, design build estimation ect) 3)construction, 4) commisionning ect. i also talked about foundations ect.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges that Hydro one faces   1 Answer

Negotiation

I dont think I can negotiate my salary, the official contract will come in April

Protection Control and Metering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

HR contacted me to inquire some very basic questions regarding to availability, level of education , eligibility to work etc. One to one interview with the team lead happened a few days after the phone call. Very basic behavioral questions which you can find a lot of google. Very basic technical questions you will for sure know how to answer if you study electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

• what is the color for hot, ground and neutral wires in power cord.   Answer Question