Hydro One

Hydro One Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Protection & Control University Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hydro One.

Applied online, HR from Hydro One contacted the school within a weeks time. Interview was setup at the downtown location

Interview Questions
    • Very basic behavioural questions: Tell me about yourself? Past expeiences? What mde you to choose this field?
      Technical Questions: Colour codes in the wall? Line Losses? What devices would you find in a substaion?
        Answer Question
    None

New Grad Engineer (EIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hydro One.

The interview process was in 3 steps
    Step 1: phone interview
    Usually 5min call from hr asking u about ur self etc etc and informing you about the interview

Step 2: in person interview
    60min technical interview
    90min behavioral interview
    5min presentation on a technical project/document you prepared

Step 3: phyco test
    If you dod great for the in person interview you get selected for the test which usually means you were in the short lost of people. 50-50% chance of getting in

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions were more difficult then the technical question.   Answer Question

Student Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hydro One in December 2013.

Basic Interview. Just asked about qualifications,why interested in H1, what do you plan on doing in the future.

Another offer accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Hydro One.

I was contacted via e-mail for a phone interview. There was roughly 10-15 questions, very typical interview questions (strengths, conflict, tell me about yourself etc.) I was interviewed by 2 individuals. They explained their roles and the position very well and I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting questions regarding the organization and the division- nothing!   Answer Question

Generations Connections - Internship 12 Month Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hydro One in June 2013.

Called me in for an interview at the Toronto office. Lasted about 1 hour. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few basic interview questions. Asked about transformers, line losses, generators, differences between motor and generator, line losses, etc etc

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hydro One.

- Quick telephone interview (15 min)
    - In person technical and behaviour interview with Manager and HR (1-2 hours). Was asked various technical question regarding the electrical industry and behavioural questions on dealing with different types of people or situations.

- On line psychometric test (no time limit) - mix logic and aptitude questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, general questions regarding the industry and people behaviour   Answer Question
    No negotiations, everything is fixed due to union environment.

Project Managemenet Intern Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hydro One in March 2013.

Applied via school's career portal and via the Hydro One website right before the deadline. Sent my resume, cover letter and transcript. The cover letter was tailored to a project management position. GPA was OK around a 3 out of a 4 scale. I booked my interview via my school's career portal. It was conducted at their main office 483 Bay street (near the eaton center).

I was brought in the room 5 minutes before the interview started by the Project Manager. An HR rep came shortly after; 2 people were interviewing me.
    Before the HR rep came, we talked about Hydro One, my interests in the position and my elligibility since there were a few reqs. When the HR rep came in, we introduced each other and they started asking the interview questions, they both had a bunch of papers from which they were asking questions from and it went pretty well.

Some of the questions they asked me:
    -What do you see yourself doing in the future, follow up: how does this position help you.
    -What would your old boss say about you, how was your relationship w/ him.
    -What do you know about Hydro One (which we had already talked about, the HR rep wasnt there so he asked it again).
    -What are some of the challenges that hydro one faces.
    -How did you hear about this position. What are going to be some of your duties (so you know what your getting yourself into).
    -They seemed to be big on communication so they asked what would you do if one of your teamates didn;t finish his work on time. (to which the answer was that you would pull him aside and tell him that he should finish it next time, to where he explains to you why he didn;t fnish it and you udnerstand his side of the story. Calling your team member out in front of the others is something you should never do.)
    -The job was for a construction management position so he asked me what I knew about construction and the business. I answered by talking about the construction phases, 1. determine reqs 2) procurement method (design bid build, design build estimation ect) 3)construction, 4) commisionning ect. i also talked about foundations ect.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the challenges that Hydro one faces   View Answer
    I dont think I can negotiate my salary, the official contract will come in April

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hydro One in February 2013.

I was selected for interview for an internship position. the interviewer is very nice. There were two or three behavioural questions and two technical questions. They behavioral questions are just like traditional ones, they usually focus on communication, leadership and initiatives. technical questions will vary depending on the position. They also really want to you to talk about your different internship experiences.

Coop Lines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hydro One.

very basic interview, 2 people asked a few behaviour questions.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hydro One in October 2012.

For the internship position, I was called for an interview directly by the admin of the department I applied for. The interview was with 3 project managers from the department who were looking to hire an intern for their respective teams. The questions were straightforward, basic behavioural questions and a few technical questions about power systems. The managers were easy to talk with and I could tell from the get go that it was a good interview. A few days later I got a call from one of them saying that I was hired.

For their new grad positions, it basically goes through HR. It was an HR person who gave me the call for an interview. The interview itself was by one HR person and 2 managers from the department I applied for. The managers asked a bunch of technical questions and had me present on a technical topic of my choice. The other set of the interview were behavioural questions by the HR person. It was a lengthy process and was not comfortable. Did not get hired for the new grad position.

Interview Questions
    • I had no background in telecommunications so all the questions in that category I bombed.   Answer Question