Hydro-Québec Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hydro-Québec

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

it was good overall. Applied online and then they called me the following week. I went to their office downtown. Then they sent me an email telling me I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Typical question for job interview. Why we should hire you... What are you studying... Where do you wanna be in 10 years. Then they asked me what I would want to do for hydro quebec.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hydro-Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

It is possible that prior to the interview they will ask you to do a psychometric evaluation. This is very important. if you do poorly, you will not be hired.

many candidates apply and few are interviewed. if you get an interview you are very close to the job

Chill interview in a managers office with one other engineer. they are pre-approved intern positions so they have the say on if you get hired.

they emailed me 2 days after the interview to offer me the job. which means they put all their interviews the same day to give you a speedy response. very respectful

Interview Questions

• 1 What do you know about a grid and about a power station (in the grid)?
      2 what is in the power station?
      3 why do you want to work here?
      4 talk about extra curric.
      5 talk about work exp.
      6 have you had a problem with a collegue, how did you resolve it?

they put more emphasis on the personal questisons, they want to know if you are someone they can work with. Hydro-Quebec doesnt really care about what you know, they care about what you want/can learn. The employees change departments all the time and have to learn from scratch (because the jobs are typically quite boring)

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negociations. Since it was an intern position
    you cannot negociate your salary as far as I know. they have 3 levels of paygrade. and its based on experience.
    if you remain an engineer you start around 50k and retire around 140k.