Hyland Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

First interview you meet with the hiring manager and HR and go over your background and the position you are applying for. The second interview is a presentation in front of the current employees who hold the same position.

Interview Questions

• Why does Hyland Software do?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed with 5 people n one on the phone over 2 separate days weeks apart. HR - check my previous employment, 2 managers at the same time - asked "star ?" Know how to answer these, techincal ?'s know ping, services.msc, SQL. Hiring manager- know about the company. Interviewers put you at ease. They will ask you to explain some simple how to describe to someone that doesn't know computers how open a program. Step by step. Make sure you know a lot about the company and their values and their awards. It will sure they you are interested indie company. Make sure and listen to their question and only answer their question don't talk too much.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work around a software problem?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 other individuals in a sort of group session. They first bring you into a room with the manager who explains to you what is company is about and what they do. Do not forget that "OnBase" is the software they manage. Second you are send off with one of four individuals. 1. Interview questions and customer service. How to talk with customers and dumb down explanations. Ask about in the past how you have resolved issues. Customer de-escalation, overall skills. THEY ASK BRAIN TEASERS! Be ready for the "How many basket balls will fit in this room?" and "Explain to us how to tie your shoe." I personally hated this and was angry that they even asked me these questions as Google and Microsoft has already proven they do not aid in the hiring process. 2. Interview with HR. Talk about pay, past experience, school, future plans. Ask about customer facing and a difficult situation you had to resolve. 3. Technical interview. You are in a room alone with one guy and a laptop. He talks with you for awhile about your skill set in IT and past experience. Then begins the test. He will ask you questions like "How many HDD's are in this laptop"? There is only one and it is just two partitions. They are watching and will ask how you got to your answer. Also ask simple questions like how many cores does this processor have etc... Finally you have to debug a simple conf file for a program. All you have to do is open to conf file as a txt, erase the read only option on the file, change the path to the proper file it is looking for and it will run fine. 4. Interview with the manager. He goes over everything you would expect in a normal interview. Goes over resume, asks what software they support "OnBase". This was all one interview in one day which took about three hours.

Interview Questions

• How many HDD's are in this laptop?   1 Answer

Video Production Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail two weeks later requesting a phone interview. I set it up and they called promptly when the interview was scheduled. It was one woman on the other line and the interview lasted roughly 15 minutes. She was most interested in my studio abilities and the process which I make a video. She said she had more interviews to conduct and from the sounds of it I was one of at least eight other candidates. She said they would schedule in-person interviews for select candidates and I should know within a week. Well, it's been over a week and haven't heard anything, not even a response to my "thank you" e-mail.

Interview Questions

• What is a creative solution you developed to overcome a challenge at your previous position?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in January 2015.

Interview

I am a recent Masters Graduate.I applied online in the company website.I had an Assessment Test in the first week of january 2015 which had 4 sections multiple choice type in which answering general programming was must and any of the other three sections was my choice.Next round was Phone Interview in the following week. It was a general interview about my resume and my project works.They said the result would be out in a 2 weeks. I didn't hear back anything for a month or so.They replied me to my follow up mails that I was not selected for further round.

SQL Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for job at Hyland awhile aback all of a sudden in December 2014 they wanted to talk with me. They wanted a phone interview right away; was about 30 minutes with HR, mostly asking questions related to my qualifications for the position. They wanted a schedule it right away again for an in person interview In person interview was about 2 hours, the HR person was not there that day so I only met with department team leads and the department manager. I left the interview feeling I did a good job. They told me that the process was going to take a few weeks and then they would start second interviews. It was over 3 weeks passed without hearing anything, and then I got a strange email from HR. It was like a form letter telling me that they need more time. It was strange but I figured I just wait. I attempted to follow up, several week later and I got a very rude email form HR say did you receive my last email. I really did not know how to respond so I didn’t. I never receive another email from Hyland after that point. I understand that I may have not been a good fit for that job but I may have been a good fit for another job they have in the future. Hyland just left me with a really bad feeling. I was extremely disappointed in Hyland's poor communication. How can they be one of the best employers in the area when they cannot do simple follow up after an interview? Definitely didn't feel like they respected me or my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks for an interview. My first interview was over the phone with an HR Recruiter. She asked a lot of behavioral questions, with only one technical question. The second phone interview was with the Hiring Manager. The manager asked a lot of behavioral based questions. The questions were focused on situations, If you see a co-worker stealing what would you do? How have you dealt with difficult co-workers? What stresses you out? The third interview was in person with two managers. I first took a written test. I was given 30 minutes to complete. The test is designed to not be completed. The first part asks to list 5 things in order of personal priority, work, getting along with co-workers, honesty, and a few more I no longer recall. The next section was on different troubleshooting issues and how to resolve them, then SQL questions on SQL commands, creating a chart based on the information provided, then a final question that you could pick where you describe in detail how to do a task, like tie shoes, make a sandwich, ect. The two individual interviews with the managers had a bit more stress and questions about what you knew, mixed with a lot of behavioral questions were presented. A lot more firm interview and making sure to keep the questions coming to see when you would crack or how you handle the stress were in the interview. A week later an background check was conducted that included work history, credit rating, criminal background. Once this completed and offer was extended and accepted. Best advice to offer is to be prepared for the interview. Come in eager to be apart of the company and very willing to learn. Do not act like you know everything or act like you are better than everyone in the room. I was not the most qualified person for the job. I knew one person that applied had 5 years Quality Assurance experience and he did not get a job offer. I would also suggest knowing how Behavioral questions work and why they are presented. Then be prepared to answer these types of questions, with consistent answers this will benefit in getting the job but also be used to weigh a pay rate for the employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did not get along with a Boss and what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very simple. The offer letter was presented and HR and I discussed the terms. They were very generous with the pay rate and what they offered. It was much higher than the average rate of pay for an entry level person and more than the average for the area. As a result I accepted the offer, without negotiating for additional amounts of money.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Very smooth. Saw them advertising on LinkedIn and applied. Heard from them within a few days and set up and interview time most convenient for me. Overall a very easy and comfortable experience

Interview Questions

• Very Basic: What makes you proud? Great achievements   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and I was called by the project manager on phone for initial screening and then was called onsite for an interview. They did send me a online java and oracle test. I had to call them after two weeks to know the result. During onsite interview they ask you to write a simple program.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in November 2014.

Interview

It was a 3 step process, meeting with team members, HR, and a technical review. They had a written test that was not difficult if you have some experience with coding and basic IT. The whole process took about 2 hours and was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals in IT?   1 Answer