Hyland Software Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.8

Quality Analyst Interview

interview was very easy. I Have 22 years experience in the real world looking for a new career, had an interview I wore a suit and looked very professional. the person who interviewed me had a tshirt on n shorts, very non professional, what a joke....dont waste your time...

N/a

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software.

I applied online for a summer internship and received an email within one week asking to set up an in person interview. I first met with a recruiter, and then a few different people from the department.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several questions about specific classes I took and projects I completed.   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in July 2014.

I used Linked In to find a contact within HE. After sending my resume through this connection, I received an email to schedule a phone conversation. During our conversation, the recruiter informed me that a hiring letter already went out to another candidate. She was very easy to talk to and explained the various positions to me. When the next opportunity presents itself, she welcomed me to contact her directly. I don't ever want to submit my resume again without a personal introduction!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in April 2014.

Phone interview
    Onsite Interview
    Background Check
    My initial perception was that people were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Onsite interview was very down to business and I was hammered with several questions that I had to be on my toes for, which to me, is a great way to interview. Entire process was very structured.

Interview Questions
    • "After everything you know about the position, what do you think you would struggle with?"   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in May 2014.

I submitted an application through the OnBase website on May 4th, and received an email the 6th to come to their Westlake office for an Interview Session on the 29th of May.

The interview process was broken up into several parts. The first part consisted of an interview with two members of the QA department. We went over various questions about my current position and what I hoped to get out of working at Hyland. The entire time felt very relaxed, and I was able to talk to them earnestly without feeling anxious. It went so well, that we went over our allotted time slot of a half hour very easily.

The next part was an interview with a member of HR. This was a little more difficult for me, as it went through a more standard interview questioning process. Despite this, it was still a fairly easy interview and I felt comfortable asking any question that came to mind.

The third and final part of the day involved a technical test. In this test, an employee sat across from me and watched my monitor while I was asked basic technical questions (Copy/Paste, Command Line, How to check OS/Devices). There were about 60 questions that were able to be easily answered within the half hour time period.

The following week I received a follow up from another member from HR to do a more involved assessment. I was given an email attachment that contained basic HR/QA/SQL questions. (Find the errors on the screenshot, create a test plan, rate the following traits in order of importance and why).

The following day, I received an email with a tentative job offer pending a background check. The day after that, I received a temporary log-in for the PreTrax background check information. This included education and previous job history. The background check was completed in about 10 days, and an official job offer was given after that.

The salary given was in line with the salary for the field, and was higher than my expectations coming from New England where the cost of living is much higher.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Quality Assurance?   View Answer
    The initial job offer was a marked increase over my current position. Due to the fact I was moving, I asked about potential help with moving expenses and a few days after the request was told I would receive a signing bonus on my first check.

In addition to this, they were willing to offer a room in a local hotel, but I have already found an apartment so that was not necessary to take advantage of.

They were completely fair with their salary, and I am unsure what people are saying about the wages being a joke. This is a suburb of Cleveland not San Francisco, and is a fair offer for the required skills given the recent state of the economy.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hyland Software in October 2010.

I was a one day process that lasted about 2 hours. It was a typical behavioral HR portion, technical portion and testing portion. I have been there so long I honestly can't even remember any more details about the interview process. I only really remember that it was not that difficult.

I did not negotiate at the time and took what they offered.

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyland Software in April 2014.

First was called in for a phone screen followed by Technical Assessment involving programming,sql and other topics. It was a half hour online assessment. After that was called in for a On-Site interview with three team members and a manager which involved coding assessment on visual studio environment.

Interview Questions
    • They give 2 scenarios out of which we need to choose one to develop in under 40 minutes in visual studio environment.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software.

The interview process had 4 round... first was a HR interview.... then there was a online test to be completed (which had programming and database questions)... then there was a technical interview and lastly a HR interview. The first interview was just a getting to know you interview, but the second one was very technical and lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently if given a chance on your previous project?   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyland Software in March 2013.

The hiring process was great!! Fast, they worked with me, the interview was just like any other corporate interview that I had been on other than they asked me to make a sales presentation to them, which was fun and interesting.

There was none. I got the call with the offer and because I was unemployed at the time and wanted to start working asap, I accepted, otherwise there would be delays.

Trainer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hyland Software.

Applied online. Received an email a few days later requesting a phone interview with HR rep. Scheduled phone interview for following week.

Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Typical questions, why are you interested inworking for us, what made you apply for this position, what was you experience at your last job, etc.

Next day recieved reject email.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hyland Software? Contribute to the Community!