Hyland Software

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hyland Software.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Lots of soft questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other opportunities.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I interviewed at Hyland Software in November 2013.

Interview Details – 10/19/13: Applied for a project manager position on the Hyland website, which included writing a poem with a 60-word maximum.
10/29/13: Email from Recruiter 1 stating "Our Recruitment Team has reviewed your application and would like to move forward with a phone interview."
10/29/13: Email from Recruiter 1 confirming phone interview with Recruiter 2 on 10/30/13.
10/30/13: Phone interview with Recruiter 2, who at the end says she was recommending me for the next interview.
10/30/13: Email from Recruiter 2 confirming Skype interview with two team leaders on 11/19/13. Homework due the day before the interview: E-mail scenario from client requiring a response. In addition, scenario asks to attach a separate document outlining the steps to accomplish some specific tasks listed on the email.
11/12/13: I do not use Skype so had to install and test it.
11/13/13: Sent email to Recruiter 2 including homework consisting of my reply to client e-mail scenario and document I put together with screenprints and instructions to complete the required PC tasks.
11/19/13: Skype interview with two team leaders. No feedback on homework. They asked normal questions about my professional experience and were typing as we spoke.
11/20/13: Email from Recruiter 1 saying that the Skype interview went very well so we would be scheduling an in-person interview with two managers and five team leads on 12/9/13, for which they would be flying me to Cleveland. More homework: "We would like you to provide us with a 10-15 minute technical presentation...prepare and present on an existing computer technology of your choice...The Presentation should not be one that has been delivered in the past."
11/22/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I will be in touch regarding flights."
11/25/13: Sent email to Recruiter 1 asking for an update on the flights before requesting the day off from work.
11/26/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I am looking into flights today and will be in touch regarding this after I work with our travel agent."
12/2/13: Called Recruiter 1 asking for an update on the flights. She said she was working with the travel agent and would get back to me. I told her I was waiting for flight confirmation before requesting the day off from work; she assured me I would be coming in for the in-person interview on 12/9/13.
12/3/13: I request 12/9/13 off from work. I have so far spent about 8 hours putting together the presentation during the past week.
12/3/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I am sending you the flights for your trip to Cleveland on December 9th. This itinerary will have you in and out in one day-this is the best flights for the cost and convenience of the flights."
12/3/13: Received call from travel agent asking for my date of birth required by TSA in order to purchase plane tickets.
12/3/13 @ 5:07pm: Received call from Recruiter 2 telling me that the interview has been cancelled; they had a meeting of some sorts and need to reconvene early in the year and would call me if anything. I asked if this was just a postponement but she said that no, the interview has been cancelled.
1/6/14: Email from Recruiter 2 stating "we have determined not to extend an offer to you at this time" and "we have decided to consider other candidates".

Interview Question – No question was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer
Westlake, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – Its one of the rigorous and best interview process

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Westlake, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was incredibly laid back. My manager now walked into the room wearing flip flops and he had gauges in his ears. That just speaks to the kind of culture that we have hear at Hyland Software. Im currently wearing a suit because I dress in C-level attire on Thursdays. They asked me questions about my experiences and aspirations, just like any other company would.

Interview Question – I think that one of the unexpected questions that I was asked would be, why should I pick you out of all our other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They extended an offer to me over the phone as I was in Athens, Ohio for school. They explained the compensations and perks and at that point she emailed the contract with the information that she had verbally read over the phone. I then signed the contract agreeing to the terms and then showed up for orientation day to finish up the paperwork.

User Experience/UI Design Intern Interview

User Experience/UI Design Intern
Westlake, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyland Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by HR over the phone then on the day of the interview from by HR first, then by my two department managers. They seemed really interested in all my work print and interactive. They have a very good understanding of User Experience and Interface design.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, if you know the general principals of usability.   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Analyst Interview

Technical Support Associate Analyst
Westlake, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyland Software.

Interview Details – One month after submitting a resume, the call came requesting an interview. The initial interview was with 4 people and took 4 hours. A second interview was requested and an offer was given shortly thereafter.

Negotiation Details – An offer agreement was emailed to me, but the offer was too low. I requested a higher salary and they accepted. It was very quick.

SOLUTION ENGINEER, IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES Interview

SOLUTION ENGINEER, IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES
Westlake, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyland Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – After a three step interview process, I must say this is the most thorough interview processes I have ever been through. Not only was Hyland Software able to interview me to make sure I was the right fit for the position, I was able and encouraged to interview them to make sure that I want to be part of the organization.

Before each interview I was asked to do some homework that allowed me to show my skills with communication and presentation. I thought the poem requirement on the initial application was an interesting and fun way to break up an otherwise dry process.

There was a very quick negotiation over the offer, and then I was onboard. Time will tell if I enjoy being a member of Hyland Software as much as the majority of the recent reviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Quick negotion of the first offer. Counter presented and accepted in 24 hours

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Westlake, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Hyland Software.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via e-mail a few days later to set up an onsite interview. The interview process felt rushed even though it spanned over 2 hours. A portion of it included a technical skills assessment, which involved sitting at a desk with a trainer while nearly 30 questions were covered in less than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Can you type something in notepad and copy and paste it into word?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Hyland Software.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Business Solution Consultant/Integration Engineering Interview

Business Solution Consultant/Integration Engineering
Westlake, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software.

Interview Details – Two person interview
One Senior Manager
One HR
Tech Question - based on resume such as how did you achieve X thing mentioned in your CV
What kind of roles do you want to work on
Any project management experience
How would you engage a client, (asked if you have client interaction exp on CV)
HR - salary range, joining time, why Hyland

Interview Question – Nothing really, the interview was engaging and the focus was on trying to analyse a fit for you, so market yourself well   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyland Software