Hyland Software Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.8

Mobile Developer (College Hire) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hyland Software.

Started with on campus interview asked simple questions about difference between queues, stacks, hashes, dictionaries, etc.

Second Interview was at the Hyland campus. Consisted of a written exam for c#, java, sql, and asp.net, initial HR interview, and technical interview with a potential hiring manager. Asked about previous work and school experiences.

Third interview was a phone interview with the Mobile team. Asked more in depth questions about mobile technologies and best practices.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and weren't trying to stump you.   Answer Question

Bilingual Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyland Software.

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took place the following week. I was given two women's names over email as my interviewees, but was actually just interviewed by one man. I could hear him typing throughout our conversation. He seemed very interested that I had upgraded the RAM in my laptop.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain a database to a six year old in three sentences or less.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hyland Software.

Phone interview

Other opportunities.

Project Manager Interview

interviewed at Hyland Software in November 2013.

10/19/13: Applied for a project manager position on the Hyland website, which included writing a poem with a 60-word maximum.
    10/29/13: Email from Recruiter 1 stating "Our Recruitment Team has reviewed your application and would like to move forward with a phone interview."
    10/29/13: Email from Recruiter 1 confirming phone interview with Recruiter 2 on 10/30/13.
    10/30/13: Phone interview with Recruiter 2, who at the end says she was recommending me for the next interview.
    10/30/13: Email from Recruiter 2 confirming Skype interview with two team leaders on 11/19/13. Homework due the day before the interview: E-mail scenario from client requiring a response. In addition, scenario asks to attach a separate document outlining the steps to accomplish some specific tasks listed on the email.
    11/12/13: I do not use Skype so had to install and test it.
    11/13/13: Sent email to Recruiter 2 including homework consisting of my reply to client e-mail scenario and document I put together with screenprints and instructions to complete the required PC tasks.
    11/19/13: Skype interview with two team leaders. No feedback on homework. They asked normal questions about my professional experience and were typing as we spoke.
    11/20/13: Email from Recruiter 1 saying that the Skype interview went very well so we would be scheduling an in-person interview with two managers and five team leads on 12/9/13, for which they would be flying me to Cleveland. More homework: "We would like you to provide us with a 10-15 minute technical presentation...prepare and present on an existing computer technology of your choice...The Presentation should not be one that has been delivered in the past."
    11/22/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I will be in touch regarding flights."
    11/25/13: Sent email to Recruiter 1 asking for an update on the flights before requesting the day off from work.
    11/26/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I am looking into flights today and will be in touch regarding this after I work with our travel agent."
    12/2/13: Called Recruiter 1 asking for an update on the flights. She said she was working with the travel agent and would get back to me. I told her I was waiting for flight confirmation before requesting the day off from work; she assured me I would be coming in for the in-person interview on 12/9/13.
    12/3/13: I request 12/9/13 off from work. I have so far spent about 8 hours putting together the presentation during the past week.
    12/3/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I am sending you the flights for your trip to Cleveland on December 9th. This itinerary will have you in and out in one day-this is the best flights for the cost and convenience of the flights."
    12/3/13: Received call from travel agent asking for my date of birth required by TSA in order to purchase plane tickets.
    12/3/13 @ 5:07pm: Received call from Recruiter 2 telling me that the interview has been cancelled; they had a meeting of some sorts and need to reconvene early in the year and would call me if anything. I asked if this was just a postponement but she said that no, the interview has been cancelled.
    1/6/14: Email from Recruiter 2 stating "we have determined not to extend an offer to you at this time" and "we have decided to consider other candidates".

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyland Software in June 2013.

Its one of the rigorous and best interview process

User Experience/UI Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyland Software in May 2013.

Was interviewed by HR over the phone then on the day of the interview from by HR first, then by my two department managers. They seemed really interested in all my work print and interactive. They have a very good understanding of User Experience and Interface design.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, if you know the general principals of usability.   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hyland Software.

One month after submitting a resume, the call came requesting an interview. The initial interview was with 4 people and took 4 hours. A second interview was requested and an offer was given shortly thereafter.

An offer agreement was emailed to me, but the offer was too low. I requested a higher salary and they accepted. It was very quick.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Hyland Software.

I applied online and was contacted via e-mail a few days later to set up an onsite interview. The interview process felt rushed even though it spanned over 2 hours. A portion of it included a technical skills assessment, which involved sitting at a desk with a trainer while nearly 30 questions were covered in less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Can you type something in notepad and copy and paste it into word?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyland Software.

phone interview

Business Solution Consultant/Integration Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyland Software.

Two person interview
    One Senior Manager
    One HR
    Tech Question - based on resume such as how did you achieve X thing mentioned in your CV
    What kind of roles do you want to work on
    Any project management experience
    How would you engage a client, (asked if you have client interaction exp on CV)
    HR - salary range, joining time, why Hyland

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, the interview was engaging and the focus was on trying to analyse a fit for you, so market yourself well   Answer Question