Hyland Software Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2014
55 interviews

2.8

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hyland Software.

The interview has 3 parts to it. The first part is to test your technical skills, the second part is more of HR and questions you might have and the last part is talking to the team that you actually be working with if you are to get hired by the company.

Interview Questions
    • What will your ideal job look like? what responsibilities or work will you have your employees and yourself do?   Answer Question

Mobile Developer (College Hire) Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyland Software.

Started with on campus interview asked simple questions about difference between queues, stacks, hashes, dictionaries, etc.

Second Interview was at the Hyland campus. Consisted of a written exam for c#, java, sql, and asp.net, initial HR interview, and technical interview with a potential hiring manager. Asked about previous work and school experiences.

Third interview was a phone interview with the Mobile team. Asked more in depth questions about mobile technologies and best practices.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and weren't trying to stump you.   Answer Question

Bilingual Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software.

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took place the following week. I was given two women's names over email as my interviewees, but was actually just interviewed by one man. I could hear him typing throughout our conversation. He seemed very interested that I had upgraded the RAM in my laptop.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain a database to a six year old in three sentences or less.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

interviewed at Hyland Software in November 2013.

10/19/13: Applied for a project manager position on the Hyland website, which included writing a poem with a 60-word maximum.
    10/29/13: Email from Recruiter 1 stating "Our Recruitment Team has reviewed your application and would like to move forward with a phone interview."
    10/29/13: Email from Recruiter 1 confirming phone interview with Recruiter 2 on 10/30/13.
    10/30/13: Phone interview with Recruiter 2, who at the end says she was recommending me for the next interview.
    10/30/13: Email from Recruiter 2 confirming Skype interview with two team leaders on 11/19/13. Homework due the day before the interview: E-mail scenario from client requiring a response. In addition, scenario asks to attach a separate document outlining the steps to accomplish some specific tasks listed on the email.
    11/12/13: I do not use Skype so had to install and test it.
    11/13/13: Sent email to Recruiter 2 including homework consisting of my reply to client e-mail scenario and document I put together with screenprints and instructions to complete the required PC tasks.
    11/19/13: Skype interview with two team leaders. No feedback on homework. They asked normal questions about my professional experience and were typing as we spoke.
    11/20/13: Email from Recruiter 1 saying that the Skype interview went very well so we would be scheduling an in-person interview with two managers and five team leads on 12/9/13, for which they would be flying me to Cleveland. More homework: "We would like you to provide us with a 10-15 minute technical presentation...prepare and present on an existing computer technology of your choice...The Presentation should not be one that has been delivered in the past."
    11/22/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I will be in touch regarding flights."
    11/25/13: Sent email to Recruiter 1 asking for an update on the flights before requesting the day off from work.
    11/26/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I am looking into flights today and will be in touch regarding this after I work with our travel agent."
    12/2/13: Called Recruiter 1 asking for an update on the flights. She said she was working with the travel agent and would get back to me. I told her I was waiting for flight confirmation before requesting the day off from work; she assured me I would be coming in for the in-person interview on 12/9/13.
    12/3/13: I request 12/9/13 off from work. I have so far spent about 8 hours putting together the presentation during the past week.
    12/3/13: Email from Recruiter 1: "I am sending you the flights for your trip to Cleveland on December 9th. This itinerary will have you in and out in one day-this is the best flights for the cost and convenience of the flights."
    12/3/13: Received call from travel agent asking for my date of birth required by TSA in order to purchase plane tickets.
    12/3/13 @ 5:07pm: Received call from Recruiter 2 telling me that the interview has been cancelled; they had a meeting of some sorts and need to reconvene early in the year and would call me if anything. I asked if this was just a postponement but she said that no, the interview has been cancelled.
    1/6/14: Email from Recruiter 2 stating "we have determined not to extend an offer to you at this time" and "we have decided to consider other candidates".

Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Hyland Software.

Phone interview

Other opportunities.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in June 2013.

Its one of the rigorous and best interview process

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyland Software in March 2011.

It was incredibly laid back. My manager now walked into the room wearing flip flops and he had gauges in his ears. That just speaks to the kind of culture that we have hear at Hyland Software. Im currently wearing a suit because I dress in C-level attire on Thursdays. They asked me questions about my experiences and aspirations, just like any other company would.

Interview Questions
    • I think that one of the unexpected questions that I was asked would be, why should I pick you out of all our other candidates?   View Answer
    They extended an offer to me over the phone as I was in Athens, Ohio for school. They explained the compensations and perks and at that point she emailed the contract with the information that she had verbally read over the phone. I then signed the contract agreeing to the terms and then showed up for orientation day to finish up the paperwork.

User Experience/UI Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyland Software in May 2013.

Was interviewed by HR over the phone then on the day of the interview from by HR first, then by my two department managers. They seemed really interested in all my work print and interactive. They have a very good understanding of User Experience and Interface design.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, if you know the general principals of usability.   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyland Software.

One month after submitting a resume, the call came requesting an interview. The initial interview was with 4 people and took 4 hours. A second interview was requested and an offer was given shortly thereafter.

An offer agreement was emailed to me, but the offer was too low. I requested a higher salary and they accepted. It was very quick.

SOLUTION ENGINEER, IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyland Software in March 2013.

After a three step interview process, I must say this is the most thorough interview processes I have ever been through. Not only was Hyland Software able to interview me to make sure I was the right fit for the position, I was able and encouraged to interview them to make sure that I want to be part of the organization.

Before each interview I was asked to do some homework that allowed me to show my skills with communication and presentation. I thought the poem requirement on the initial application was an interesting and fun way to break up an otherwise dry process.

There was a very quick negotiation over the offer, and then I was onboard. Time will tell if I enjoy being a member of Hyland Software as much as the majority of the recent reviewers.

Quick negotion of the first offer. Counter presented and accepted in 24 hours