Hypertherm

www.hypertherm.com

Hypertherm Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hypertherm.

submit the resume at Career fair, contact by the recruiter through email for setting up a phone interview with two managers

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hypertherm in September 2013.

Laid-back approach to interview; friendly and gregarious. Not just approachable, but engaging as well. Quite professional,
    1. I submitted my resume online and received an auto reply message.
    2. Two days later, I received an E-message to set up a phone interview.
    3. Phone interview a week later. The corporate recruiter called at the prescribed time, explained the first interview was "fact-finding" and took the time to listen, take notes, and present the company.
    4. I received a notice of 'not a great fit' one week later. Recruiter thanked me for my time, etc.
    The turn-around process is quick, but respectful at all times.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: What do you know about our company? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • The second or third interview question: How much do you want to make? The company does not negotiate on salary, so this question seems moot to me.   View Answer

Engineer Group Leader Interview

phone, video and on-site interview

Technical Non-management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hypertherm in April 2013.

The first interview was by phone with HR. It lasted about 10 minutes and was very straightforward. The interviewer surprised me by telling me the salary range up front instead of fishing for my numbers. She also did a great job of describing how this company is different from others, particularly the employee-ownership concept.

Interview #2 was by video with two members of the team I'd be joining. Questions were very specific to the position and my technical skills. The interviewers were friendly and personable. They invited a dialogue about my qualifications and experience instead of the typical set of "tell me about a time when..." questions. They also were really enthusiastic and positive about where the company is headed.

Interview #3 was in person with my future manager. It was relaxed and gave me my first real look at the company. I was impressed with the energy and intelligence I observed. We talked not only about the position, but the culture and where the company is heading. I felt very comfortable with the team and excited about the company. The culture is relaxed, educated, trusting, and supportive.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you do in your free time?" This question was difficult because in other interviews, I had the impression that my answer was expected to reflect on my ability to do the job. This time, it seemed that the interviewer was genuinely interested in my response and not fishing for the "right answer."   View Answer
    The offer was so awesome, I didn't negotiate.

Engineering Lead Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hypertherm in February 2012.

They gave a very though interview on phone, going through every details of the resume line by line. They are very specific about the skill set they want. make sure you are very well prepared to answer questions like the tools you used several years ago. It is good to be thorough in interview. But they may not want to kill too quickly.