Hyundai Capital America

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.8

Collector II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in July 2013.

It's a long process and it's all about who you know and not really what you know. First there is a phone interview if they like your answers for the phone interview they will set you up with an in person interview. I interviewed with a manager and chang. Chang asked the majority of the questiosn.. they called me the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are the normal tell me about a time when you had to ..... type of questions.   Answer Question
    They dont negotiate, they pretty much tell you up front what the starting salary is and when you are offered the job they tell you again.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Lake, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Lake, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in September 2014.

Phone interview, email resume, phone interview, all probing and evasive when you ask specific questions. Interview process and application repetitive. I felt very uncomfortable. They are not up and comming if the company is like the interview process and resume they must employe some bad people.

They seemed so negative

Voc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Interview process began as a phone interview with a contractor and ended with an in-person interview with the senior manager of the department i applied for. The inperson interview was at the HCA main office in Irvine. The office is very clean and modern. I waited 5 mins before beign greeted by the senior manager who was to interview me. The interview was very generic and lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions
    • If you could chose any animal to live as, who would it be?   View Answer
    No negotiation because this was an internship with a fixed and already high salary.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

three phases or stages, canned scripted questions are the same given to each person. Last interview is a panel. Think over the top work ethic. They expect you to know the position and what's required before the interview. Sometimes depending on position you need to know someone on the inside.

take it or leave it.

Manager Finance FPA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in March 2014.

Applied online. received a call from a recruiter a couple weeks later. played phone tag for a few days then spoke via phone. the phone screening was horrible. the recruiter was so nasty and rude. the conversation started with the recruiter demanding to know if i was currently working or not. when i began to explain the situation i was cut off. the recruiter obviously google my current employer and wasn't impressed. i was then asked if i knew where the office was located. i said that i had passed by the facilities a few times (its right off the 405) and was okay with a commute and would move closer if i decided that it was necessary. i was turned off after extra emphasis was put on the commute between where i reside and the office. after stressing that it was okay for me the recruiter continued to ask about it. also when i tried to describe my experience in detail the recruiter kept cutting me off saying "i get it." then the kicker came when the recruiter tried to insinuate that i hadn't voluntary left my pass positions. i have never been fired, threatened to be fired, hinted or anything else. i have always left on my on accord and the recruiter didn't want to comprehend that fact. the recruiter just beat several horses to death and refused to try to understand what was being said.

the recruiter claimed that the process wouldnt move forward unless i provided a full salary history during the initial screening. im okay with that during the background check but in my experience its none of the company's business at the screening stage. i offered to tell my expectations for salary and the recruiter could care less. i didn't even know if i would like the hiring manager yet or would want to job based on the true tasks. none of that had been covered. providing salary history to a recruiter in the phone screening phase benefits no one and is only used to weed someone out by seeing if they are extremely far from the target range in either direction. as neither i nor the recruiter would budge from discussing the topic i just withdrew from the process. it was going no where and i felt disrespected throughout the call. the recruiter stated that as such my resume would not be forwarded to the hiring manager and i said fine. i always wondered why positions were always posted on their website, now i know - if the recruiter is a reflection of the culture its a chaotic incomprehensible mess

Interview Questions
    • n/a - we went in circles discussing factors that have nothing to do with my ability to do the job. commute and salary history - little attention was paid to my actual work history   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Had to submit a business plan to them. Standard consulting growth strategy framework response did fairly well and impressed them. Interestingly the prompt and the response were actually related to a job you could do

Global Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Send in resume, you were contacted for a series of 2 Skype interview. The first one is from the Hyundai Capital America in Irvine and is mainly behavioral. They go through your resume. The second one is from Hyundai Capital Services in Seoul, you can interview with multiple departments.

Consumer Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

The process begins with a phone call from a recruiter who does a general phone screening and if selected will set up an in person interview (1-2 interviews in person). The interview usually consists of a panel of several managers within your department who will be your supervisors. The questions are not difficult, however there will be a range of questions asking you to describe previous situations from your past experience and also a range of questions regarding your knowledge of the business and your knowledge of the industry. If you are selected you will receive a phone call with an employment offer, employment is contingent on passing a standard background check/drug test.

Collector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in July 2009.

I was interviewed first by Human Resources, My second interview was with a collections manager. My third interview was with the department manager. I was offered a job with in 7 days. I was interviewed by all in one day. This process was easy and I came prepared. I had to fill out an application while waiting in the reception area.

Interview Questions
    the offer was more than I was making at my previous job

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Applied online and was not provided feedback regarding the interview process, nor did HR contact me to inform me of the status of my applications. A few weeks later I found same position reposted with a change in job requirements (lower standards). Guess I had too much experience.

Worked for Hyundai Capital America? Contribute to the Community!