Hyundai Capital America

Very Difficult Interview

Middle Management Interview

Middle Management
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Interview Details – three phases or stages, canned scripted questions are the same given to each person. Last interview is a panel. Think over the top work ethic. They expect you to know the position and what's required before the interview. Sometimes depending on position you need to know someone on the inside.

Interview Question – what will you do on your first day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it.

Manager Finance FPA Interview

Manager Finance FPA
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. received a call from a recruiter a couple weeks later. played phone tag for a few days then spoke via phone. the phone screening was horrible. the recruiter was so nasty and rude. the conversation started with the recruiter demanding to know if i was currently working or not. when i began to explain the situation i was cut off. the recruiter obviously google my current employer and wasn't impressed. i was then asked if i knew where the office was located. i said that i had passed by the facilities a few times (its right off the 405) and was okay with a commute and would move closer if i decided that it was necessary. i was turned off after extra emphasis was put on the commute between where i reside and the office. after stressing that it was okay for me the recruiter continued to ask about it. also when i tried to describe my experience in detail the recruiter kept cutting me off saying "i get it." then the kicker came when the recruiter tried to insinuate that i hadn't voluntary left my pass positions. i have never been fired, threatened to be fired, hinted or anything else. i have always left on my on accord and the recruiter didn't want to comprehend that fact. the recruiter just beat several horses to death and refused to try to understand what was being said.

the recruiter claimed that the process wouldnt move forward unless i provided a full salary history during the initial screening. im okay with that during the background check but in my experience its none of the company's business at the screening stage. i offered to tell my expectations for salary and the recruiter could care less. i didn't even know if i would like the hiring manager yet or would want to job based on the true tasks. none of that had been covered. providing salary history to a recruiter in the phone screening phase benefits no one and is only used to weed someone out by seeing if they are extremely far from the target range in either direction. as neither i nor the recruiter would budge from discussing the topic i just withdrew from the process. it was going no where and i felt disrespected throughout the call. the recruiter stated that as such my resume would not be forwarded to the hiring manager and i said fine. i always wondered why positions were always posted on their website, now i know - if the recruiter is a reflection of the culture its a chaotic incomprehensible mess

Interview Question – n/a - we went in circles discussing factors that have nothing to do with my ability to do the job. commute and salary history - little attention was paid to my actual work history   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Hyundai Capital America

Interview Details – Had to submit a business plan to them. Standard consulting growth strategy framework response did fairly well and impressed them. Interestingly the prompt and the response were actually related to a job you could do

Global Intern Interview

Global Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Interview Details – Send in resume, you were contacted for a series of 2 Skype interview. The first one is from the Hyundai Capital America in Irvine and is mainly behavioral. They go through your resume. The second one is from Hyundai Capital Services in Seoul, you can interview with multiple departments.

Interview Question – N/A.
Behavioral, Experience based, STAR Questions
  Answer Question

Consumer Credit Analyst Interview

Consumer Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Interview Details – The process begins with a phone call from a recruiter who does a general phone screening and if selected will set up an in person interview (1-2 interviews in person). The interview usually consists of a panel of several managers within your department who will be your supervisors. The questions are not difficult, however there will be a range of questions asking you to describe previous situations from your past experience and also a range of questions regarding your knowledge of the business and your knowledge of the industry. If you are selected you will receive a phone call with an employment offer, employment is contingent on passing a standard background check/drug test.

Very Easy Interview

Collector I Interview

Collector I
Fountain Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by Human Resources, My second interview was with a collections manager. My third interview was with the department manager. I was offered a job with in 7 days. I was interviewed by all in one day. This process was easy and I came prepared. I had to fill out an application while waiting in the reception area.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was more than I was making at my previous job

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Bankruptcy Specialist
Irvine, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Interview Details – Applied online and was not provided feedback regarding the interview process, nor did HR contact me to inform me of the status of my applications. A few weeks later I found same position reposted with a change in job requirements (lower standards). Guess I had too much experience.

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Austell, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in April 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a job fair. I reached out to them with a follow-up email from the career fair and then they scheduled an interview. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe your communication style.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hyundai Capital America.

Interview Details – Here's information on each step in the hiring process, including applying for jobs, interviewing, employment testing, background checks, and job offers, along with tips and advice on each step in the hiring process.

Job Applications

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs.

Interview Question – You may receive a job offer contingent on a background check and/or a credit check. Or, a background check may be conducted prior to a company offering a job. What the company learns during the background check could result in you not getting a job offer or in the job offer being withdrawn.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hyundai Capital America in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process took a while however once the process started it went quickly.

Interview Question – All questions were straight forward, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Hyundai Capital America? Contribute to the Community!