Hyundai Heavy Industries Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyundai Heavy Industries

Winder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries (Montgomery, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

The process started with a orientation, 10 of us were picked out of about 80 for some sort of compentency test . After the test there was a interview. After the interview I was told to show up for a month of school from 6pm to 10pm . After the school and more tests I did not hear back from them until one year later. Then I was asked to come in for another interview and then the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you went above and beyond you duties at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered $11/hr. with benefits after 90 days.

General Purchasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries.

Interview

Applied online, Had a test, two interviews, one is with 4 directors and the other is with President. lunch provided. They just asked random questions unrelated to job. It was confusing. Even one of directors just left during the interview.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite english poem?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries (영암 (South Korea)) in November 2011.

Interview

First, after applying, there's an IQ test in order to check if the applicant is intellectually capable of solving various puzzles and riddles. Some pass the test, many fail. After that the applicants are forced to do a TOEIC speaking test. Since a lot of Korean applicants cannot speak or write good english, this is a method to check if the applicant was enthusiastic on learning another language or not. (I do not see the purpose - Never spoke a single english word after getting in to the company). Also as the first IQ test, many fail and a few pass.

Lastly, the few left applicants do a group interview in front of the company high executives including the CEO. The interview is not that hard since it's just a simple personality check up but the atmosphere - especially the typical asian etiquette upon people who are older and in higher position makes your body to shiver and stiff.

Surprisingly, working as an IT support does not actually require any IT skills.
    I personally think the IQ & TOEIC speaking test is just a total waste for both the applicant and the company since you are not going to utilize such skills after getting hired. Also not testing your specialty does not make sense. I got the job offer.. but still don't understand how they would recruit competent employees.

The interviewer is very conservative. most questions involved asking political views. even you think is right, still if you say an opposite opinion, you're out. Diversity is really not considered in this company. You might as well regard it as more of a military atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Korean - US Free Trade Agreement?   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the labour union   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries in February 2010.

Interview

Initially reffered by a friend. First interviewed over video conferencing. after company MD and VP sales took direct interview and selected. After 4-5 days got offer from company.I also gave my counter offer and after 2-3 days final offer sent to me and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I basically negotiated on the salary part and the benefits.