Hyundai Heavy Industries

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyundai Heavy Industries

Winder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries in November 2012.

The process started with a orientation, 10 of us were picked out of about 80 for some sort of compentency test . After the test there was a interview. After the interview I was told to show up for a month of school from 6pm to 10pm . After the school and more tests I did not hear back from them until one year later. Then I was asked to come in for another interview and then the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of when you went above and beyond you duties at your last job.   Answer Question
    Offered $11/hr. with benefits after 90 days.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in 영암 (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in 영암 (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries in November 2011.

First, after applying, there's an IQ test in order to check if the applicant is intellectually capable of solving various puzzles and riddles. Some pass the test, many fail. After that the applicants are forced to do a TOEIC speaking test. Since a lot of Korean applicants cannot speak or write good english, this is a method to check if the applicant was enthusiastic on learning another language or not. (I do not see the purpose - Never spoke a single english word after getting in to the company). Also as the first IQ test, many fail and a few pass.

Lastly, the few left applicants do a group interview in front of the company high executives including the CEO. The interview is not that hard since it's just a simple personality check up but the atmosphere - especially the typical asian etiquette upon people who are older and in higher position makes your body to shiver and stiff.

Surprisingly, working as an IT support does not actually require any IT skills.
    I personally think the IQ & TOEIC speaking test is just a total waste for both the applicant and the company since you are not going to utilize such skills after getting hired. Also not testing your specialty does not make sense. I got the job offer.. but still don't understand how they would recruit competent employees.

The interviewer is very conservative. most questions involved asking political views. even you think is right, still if you say an opposite opinion, you're out. Diversity is really not considered in this company. You might as well regard it as more of a military atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the Korean - US Free Trade Agreement?   View Answer
    • What do you think of the labour union   View Answer

Regional Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Heavy Industries in February 2010.

Initially reffered by a friend. First interviewed over video conferencing. after company MD and VP sales took direct interview and selected. After 4-5 days got offer from company.I also gave my counter offer and after 2-3 days final offer sent to me and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    I basically negotiated on the salary part and the benefits.