Hyundai Merchant Marine

www.hmm.co.kr

Hyundai Merchant Marine Interview Questions

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Phone interview then face-to-face meeting sometimes with various department VPs.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths and weaknesses? pivot tables? handle stress?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Merchant Marine.

I got the job through networking. I came in for 2 interviews. First was 1 on 1 with the VP and then the 2nd included the VP and managers. They were very nice and explained about the company before asking me questions. The VP helped to put the questions they asked, which were industry specific, into analogies that I would understand and be able to answer not knowing about their industry yet.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was about ethics and what I would do in a gray area situation.   Answer Question
    It was a hard negotation, such as a take it or leave it option. They had another candidate so it was based on how bad I wanted the job.

Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyundai Merchant Marine in April 2010.

Interview process involved two employees, manager and supervisor. First questions involved past employment history and how that unrelated job experience could be utilized in this particular industry. Questions then changed over to how would deal with specific job related situations. I was advised that there were usually a first and second interview, but I was hired during the first.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness as this question involves your ability to answer this without diminishing your character or work ethic while being honest and truthful about your short comings.   Answer Question

Documentation Executive Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hyundai Merchant Marine in May 2014.

The interview process was very easy. I found this job opportunity on careerbuilder.com and sent my resume. I waited about a week or so and contacted the person on the email.I, then went in and met with my manager and was able to start the next day.

Human Resources Officer/Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Merchant Marine in April 2014.

The interview was scheduled at their HQ in Cross harbour, London.

I had a missed call, no voice mail was left so I called the number back to an abrupt woman. Explained that I received a missed call, after a few minutes waiting an interview date and time was offered.

I arrived for my interview about 15 minutes before the scheduled time. About 5 minutes after the interview was supposed to have started, a woman (one of the interviewers) approached reception and asked the receptionist sharply 'Is he here yet?', the receptionist acknowledged I was here and waiting and the woman then walked away from reception without acknowledging me.

About 5 minutes later, the woman was walking with 2 men (they were interviewers also) down a corridor, about another 5 minutes later the woman came back and introduced herself and told me to follow her. No apologies were made for the late commencement of the interview.

The atmosphere and environment were cold and unwelcoming. The questions were ok, but about half way through one of the male panel members just got up and said he had a meeting to attend, said his good byes and left. There was no pre-warning that he was due to leave part way through and this made me feel even worse.

The interview was over and I quickly left the premises not feeling happy about my experience. Several weeks had passed with no correspondence from them at all, I sent an email asking for further information in regards to my application almost a week ago now, still nothing.

If I was offered a second interview or the position, I would not accept it based on my experience at the interview; if they do not care about a potential employee at that stage, then how are they as an employer?

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Please give us more details about the hobbies you have listed.   Answer Question

Co Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Hyundai Merchant Marine in February 2014.

Worked in Hitech e Terminal Services Pvt Ltd as Coordinator for Last Three Years

Anonymous Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyundai Merchant Marine in December 2010.

The interview went very well. I was not uncomfortable at all. I was asked questions about my work history and my future. Explained what I did at my previous jobs and what kind of work I was looking for. Also did some casual small talk with interviewer. The entire interview took about 35 minutes.