Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

Bilingual Specialist Interview

A korean speaking lady called me and asked if I was interested in this position. I actually applied to different position but since I can speak korean she told me it was a good fit. First interview was over the phone with the HR person and a few other people and one of which did a portion of the interview in korean and asked very basic questions. Second interview they flew me in and I interviewed with six people all of whom were very nice. They asked general behavior questions and asked more in detail about my experiences. They also did another portion of this interview in korean as well.

Parts Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in March 2014.

Initial phone screen and then in person interview at HMMA. There were 3-4 people on the phone screen and then 6-7 people at the in person interview. Not a lot of hard questions, some situational questions. Culture is a mix between Korean and American. Few Korean managers were in the interview. However, I didn't hear back from them for about 6 weeks after the final interview- finally got an automated email saying i wasn't picked.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to work in a team and what kind of role did you play in the team?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in May 2012.

Worked with a headhunter and then interviewed with HR, then was invited to interview at the plant, sat with a panel and was taken on a plant tour. Afterwards got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, challenging part was the variety of the panel. All areas of the plant, operations, manufacturing, engineering, maintenance.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, just an offer

Parts Development (Buyer) Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in November 2010.

I got a phone call from the HR if I was interested in the Parts Development Specialist position. I decided to give it a try even though I originally applied for a Finance Specialist position... The next day, a different HR person called to set up a phone interview date and time. A week later I had a phone interview with a group of managers and a HR lady. The lady asked basic questions (why Hyundai, what do I know about Hyundai). Then an American manager asked me couple questions. Found out he went to the same university as I have which was good thing. Asked me why I am interested in this position and stuff. Then a Korean manager asked me couple questions in Korean ( I am a Korean American and I know some Korean but not fluent which I wrote it down in my resume....). He asked how good is my Korean and if I can write a report in Korean. I was honest and said I learned Korean in college but I am a quick learner. Then I was given some time to ask questions and that was it.

A month later, I got a call from the HR for an on-site interview. I was emailed some reimbursement forms. The day I was going to leave off to Montgomery for the interview, I got a call from the HR about rescheduling because the Vice Chairman is coming for inspection.... So I went to the facility the next day (four hour drive....). I was greeted by a Korean HR who gave me a test which contained two parts where I had to translate english to korean and korean to english. It was very difficult as all the phrases contained pretty technical details which I feel a native speaking Korean speaker would know... After the test, I was brought into a room with a Korean manager and an American manager (same one from the phone interview). The American manager was nice. He joked, asked me couple basic questions. The Korean manager wasn't very nice. Talked to me in Korean and asked me to describe the position in Korean. Asked me when was the last time I was in Korean (seventh grade....) and he ranted (for 5 minutes) about how I am not fluent in Korean and it was unacceptable, Told me I'm not a Korean but a foreigner and he doesn't think I can survive Korean work environment (work ti 10 p.m. and on Saturday) while the Korean HR girl looked bored out of her mind and the American manager gave a blank look b/c he doesn't know Korean. Overall not good and still hasn't received any notice. I was disappointed because the job description never said anything about fluency in Korean and I never mentioned in my resume that I was fluent in Korean.