Hyundai Interview Questions in South Korea

Updated Jul 17, 2014

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai.

1. HR interview + Analysis Interview
    2. Executive Interview + English Interview

Mostly expectable ones, no need to prepare for it really.
    Just simulation and being confident in front of people would be enough.

For the english part, if you are not native, you need a little practice.
    Good luck everyone!

Direct offer w/o negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyundai in December 2011.

Hiring process includes campus recruiting, which you write a resume by hand on-site and have the interview the same day. After you are selected from campus recruiting, you have chance to make it to the second-round. Second round is blind-interview (3 interviewers and 6 interviews). The organization looks for outgoing person . Remember to not just memorize what you are trying to say.

Interview Questions
    • Why Hyundai Department Store? Why are you suitable for sales? What interested you about the company?   View Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

The process comprised of a written test for skill, intelligence and aptitude, combined with CV shortlisting for the personal interview, conducted by a panel of senior management personnel from different departments of the company.The questions ranged from technical aspects of management (mostly marketing and strategy) to questions on personal interests and ambitions and to HR questions (to determine fit in the organisation). The panel was friendly and supportive, and listened very carefully to what the candidate had to say.

Interview Questions
    • What strategy would you suggest the company deploy in XYZ country?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hyundai in June 2009.

Introduce yourself / Specific tasks you have done or any obstacles / Why you have chosen Hyundai / Give us example of creative work you have done / Corporate ethic ? / Example of your leadership / Example of corporate social responsibility / What is your strength and weakness

none

PR/Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hyundai in March 2009.

Application and no reply for 3 months; then invitation to interview and no news for 2 months, then interview and psycho questionnaire, then no decision for another 6 weeks or so.
    NO JOB DESCRIPTION PROVIDED.
    I was then hired for a completely different position not related to my original application, and again received no job description or infos on my role until my first day at work. And then the team's responsibilities/duties were unclear and for 2 years the team was in constant flux trying to find their area of work...4-5 other teams wrote the same or very similar reports and did similar work often in full competition with each other like rats.

Interview Questions
    • True or False?:
      - I pass stool every day.
      - I have hurt someone very badly.
        View Answers (2)
    No negotiations whatsoever: there is a table according to which Hyundai pays all staff of the same amount of experience the same wage. There is no way to verify this.
    Hyundai cut 5 years of my work experience and put me in the payband of a person with just 5 years work experience. No discussion. Take it or leave it.