I-Cubed Interview Questions

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Interview

I first started with an initial phone screening, then took 2 online tests (computer aptitude and java) before going in for an in-person interview. They asked general background questions before showing me code on a projector and having me walk them through it.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a code snippet and asked what it printed. The code had a nullpointerexception, which I had to identify and explain what caused it.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at I-Cubed in April 2014.

Interview

I was extremely displeased by the interview process. They gave me an online Java exam as well as a general online IQ test. I took both of those, did well, and then was invited for an in person interview to "discuss software opportunities." Turns out that "discuss software opportunities" meant impromptu white board exam. I would have appreciated something a little less misleading so that I would have known to spend more time preparing for that style of interview. I am now a software engineer somewhere else, grateful that my skills are not benefitting a company that misleads and wastes the time of job applicants.

Interview Questions

• Determine which type of exception a snippet of code would throw.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at I-Cubed.

Interview

Multiple interviews from multiple levels of employees. Sometimes asked to present on a topic on the fly to see how well you respond to pressure and communicate. Make sure you research the company and WEM and PLM and understand what the company is about.

Interview Questions

• Make a 4 slide deck on android or apple and why we as a company should make one or the other our company standard phone. Present that to the audience. Given 20 min to prepare.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I interviewed at I-Cubed (Raleigh, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview first. The two separate interviews afterward.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at I-Cubed.

Interview

Initial screen, phone call, face to face

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at I-Cubed (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied for software engineer position. Scheduled a 1 hour onsite interview in Raleigh. Met with HR person for first half and was mostly told about the company. Met with engineer and lead group for second half. Was asked questions like tell me what you have done. Position was posted as software engineer and written up like you were expected to work both independently and in a group. However, the position was actually for team lead. It was not until the end of the interview that it was mentioned that they were actually looking to fill the lead role, and were very interested in lead experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were non-specific... tell me what you have done, what types of things you have worked on.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at I-Cubed (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

This company is completely unorganized and chaotic. The CEO puts people in positions with no prior experience and the HR interviewer even said professional hires don't stay around long. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I interviewed with five people and everyone of them said the organization was 'chaotic'. What a way to start an interview. The company is cheap, they did not pay for travel expenses and the HR person told me they were just making payroll. HR scheduled a follow-up interview and then never followed up on it. Then another HR person called me on the day of the interview and asked if I needed directions, when I told her there was not an interview because the HR Director did not call me she apologized and said she would get back with me. It's truly embarrassing that NC State would even entertain a company like this on their campus. The NC State Board of Directors really need to re-evaluate this decision and I will be writing them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were ridiculous because the people interviewing were just starting out and had no idea what type of questions to ask.   2 Answers