Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
  www.edwardjones.com

Interview Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I don't know why this was unexpected to me, but all the

face to face questions were "tell me about a time..." They didn't want to know in theory. They wanted a specific time, place, and people and the situation. To be honest, I didn't do very stellar in any of my interviews. I never do. But just be honest and humble and I believe anyone will make it through the interview phase if they try. Good luck!
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

This is a behavioral interview style and it is a method that suggests the most efficient and effective way to understand a candidate's experience and thought process. When answered with a STAR response (Situation, Task, Approach, Results), it can give employers the upper hand when selecting talent. A traditional or conversational unstructured interview has little more success than a coin flip, whilst there is evidence to show that behavioral interviews are widely successful. A truly good candidate should be able to reflect (shows that they self evaluate and are perceptive), articulate (shows communications skills), and explain different scenarios demonstrating their experience with the underlying skill in question. There is typically a skill or behavior behind the question- something like, "tell me about a time you led a team when you were not an expert and the others were" is a question designed to understand your ability to be humble and listen to others. Hope that helps!

Frances on Apr 15, 2014

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.